[AUDIO] Until It's Gone - Listen to Linkin Park's New Single from The Hunting Party

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 5, 2014.

1. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

In Germany you can preorder the album and it states that you will get Until its gone just with the album.

2. Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I enjoy the song and it's really all I expected from it. It's not like many reviews out there were hyping it up to be as big as the other 5 songs on the sampler.

3. CylockDNB

CylockDNB Well-Known Member

Guys, I don't think ATS is bad. In fact, I think a lot of ATS is great. I was more specifically referring to the concept aspect of it. The fact that LP even did it as a concept record kinda seemed to me like an unnecessary move and a bit of a sign that they were taking themselves too seriously. Again, maybe I'm wrong and it was something that they needed to do as artists, but it's the whole "Let's put 15 songs on it, but 5 of them are interludes with Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mario Savio talking because we need to make a political statement about how we are being oppressed and junk." Oppressed by who? They're fucking millionaires! (Don't you dare give me some shit like "money ≠ happiness." You know what I mean.) That kind of thing. Other than that, much of the lyrics were actually pretty cool on ATS and a lot of the sound experimentation was very interesting. I was more referring to the move of making that album itself rather than regarding the content itself on it too much.

Also, yeah, I know - wall of text. I just think someone had to do it. I'm still a fan of LP, I've been for about a decade. I'm simply being as honest as I can in my opinions and putting out some criticism that I truly believe. I'm not a hater by any means, I fucking love LP, so when they release some shit like this, it really fucking puzzles me and pisses me off to a certain degree.

Btw, "2 cents" means "my opinion," not deuces... Lmao.

LAST THING - To whoever said I referred to LP as mediocre musicians, I said that most of them are AVERAGE. Not MEDIOCRE. There's a difference.

Last edited: May 5, 2014
  4. SimplyHunted

SimplyHunted Member

I love it. Great instrumentals all through out the song. Should be a rather popular song on the radio..

What's stopping it from being perfect is a big massive bridge with some HUGE Chester Bennington vocals on it.

5. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

The song is okay. But it doesn't have the same vibe as GATS. It feels totally different as if its from a different album. GATS has a much more raw sound whereas this song is more like a song from LT (production wise).

6. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I think I'll just consider this song as the "necessary" link that has to fill the gap between Living Things and The Hunting Party. Like WID was the link between old-LP and MTM. A sole radio-friendly song doesn't hurt, and for what it is, it's a fun radio-friendly song with some pretty cool sounds included.

7. thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

Sounds like a Dead by Sunrise song. Forgettable track in my opinion. The way the album is being hyped up, this doesnt really fit.

Sidenote, I want to see Chester unleashed on this album. He has so much power in his screams but they dont go that direction anymore. I suppose he doesnt want to. The melodic and softer vocals is great, but its as if they got a secret weapon but never use it anymore.

8. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

Yeah because having most fans than any other band on Facebook means that they're one of the biggest musical geniuses in the whole planet. Justin Bieber and Shakira must be one helluva musical Gods too.

9. Faker

Faker Well-Known Member

this fanbase make me sick when the band release a repetetive song it's boring when they release somerhing unusual (until it breaks) it's bad what do you want people ?

10. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Pretty simple.

Nu-metal fans want nu-metal.

Mainstream want WID/New Divide stuff

LPA want ATS 2 ("even though it wouldn't sound as ATS")

And last but not least, there are those who don't give a fuck as long as they enjoy the songs. UIG will please those belonging to category 2 and some of those belonging to category 4.

11. Keyboard Warrior

Keyboard Warrior Well-Known Member

An unusual song that isn't boring?

12. EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I'm just so glad the whole "It's I'll Be Gone + Until It Breaks" comparisons are done and over with. In fact this sounds more like "Numb + Powerless".

13. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

People are now complaining that the song is too much of a "generic LP song". generic, really? People were BEGGING for something like Meteora and Hybrid Theory and they're saying this is now too generic.

I don't think anyone remembers how much people's blood boiled when LP released clips for minutes to midnight. I was hearing phrases like #toybox #babymusic #whatisthisshit

14. tallmarkymark

tallmarkymark Linkin Park. Circa Survive. My Morning Jacket.

Well...the song is still heavier than most music on the radio. So, there's that to keep in mind lol.
    Regardless, I agree that we are on the forums for a reason. I'm kind of in an unconditional love stage with Linkin Park, but not completely. Like I'll love them no matter what and will also love who they want to be, but at the same time it's also normal to have some criticism against them because we love them. For the most part, I am lucky to have loved most of their music.
    I guess it just depends on how the individual interprets Linkin Park and the music they make.
    We don't know if UIG was made to be a radio friendly song, or if it was part of the band's nature to make a song like this.

15. Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Good songs.

16. Orange Box Nerd

Orange Box Nerd Drop the Keys to the Kingdom

I thought the chorus was cool.......at first, then it just was boring to listen to. I liked the bridge though. All I want now is to Pre-order the album so I have a chance to listen to the album when it comes out.

17. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

There is way too much bullshit in this thread.

18. NJ93

NJ93 Member

I'm a bit confused as to why LP is so focused on avoiding making "pop" songs. I got the impression from the A Thousand Suns era that they wanted to move away completely from placing themselves in genres. That mindset made ATS their best album by far in my opinion. This emphasis on The Hunting Party being "heavy" is making these songs sound suuuuper generic... Until It's Gone could have come up on the radio in my car and I would have paid no attention to it. It was that forgettable for me. Nothing stood out at all. AND THOSE LYRICS! My god... I've always understood LP lyrics were never spectacular, but this just felt reaaally uninspired...

Sorry. I don't mean to be to harsh, but it's a bit of a disappointment after the equally mediocre (imo) GATS. I honestly think they just need to let go of genres COMPLETELY again. I'm not saying make an ATS 2, but I definitely think they need to go back into songwriting with that similar mindset.

19. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Wanna read positive comments? Go on their instagram page. Less hating and everyone loves the song. It was refreshing. I have yet to hear it but I'm kinda scared to later today..

20. Flozuki

Flozuki LPA VIP LPA VIP

I don´t think he is talking about negative comments in general. It is fine if people don´t like the song. But some people are interpreting waaaay too much in my opinion.
    While some comments are really funny (pages ago someone posted alternative lyrics --> please, more of that^^) some are unnecessary harsh. I guess almost everyone
    is here for the same reason - they kind of love LPs music so there is no need to provoke people with other opinions.