Future musicians inspired by Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by MagmaXtreme, Feb 12, 2014.

MagmaXtreme

MagmaXtreme Well-Known Member

Lol I actually have nothing to do with them I just came across their music and liked it, then it got me thinking about how future bands inspired by LP might make LP less memorable for their unique genre. Its seeming like music today has less variety than in the past like the 80s for example, so its a question of how innovative can artists and aspiring musicians be when they're inspired by a modern band these days...

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

That's probably because of their producer, Alex da Kid. He has a sound that can best be described as Linkin Park-lite.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

You're not looking hard enough if you think music today has less variety.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Nominees for Best Rock Video if I remember correctly.

JasonN

JasonN Well-Known Member

I want to show you guys some bands from my country, they're inspired by Linkin Park music.
    Especially this one, Oringchains
    [video=youtube;bxy3WN2sHec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxy3WN2sHec[/video]
    This song is called 'Sun', performed by Oringchains.
    Or this.
    [video=youtube;w2G77Kixnp8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2G77Kixnp8[/video]

And also this band, Quai Vat Ti Hon (Tiny Monsters), they somehow remind me of A Thousand Suns
    [video=youtube;IXtYg7uVXpA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXtYg7uVXpA[/video]
    [video=youtube;oqONRKj3ieQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqONRKj3ieQ[/video]
    And especially this song, "O Trong", it sounds like an extended version of "Wake".
    [video=youtube;Qh6_hjo0pqo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh6_hjo0pqo[/video]

This band - iTeu is also inspired by the old style of LP.
    [video=youtube;LIB8rMQmRec]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIB8rMQmRec[/video]

Last edited: Feb 15, 2014
    MagmaXtreme

I was mainly referring to mainstream music. Yea if you look around well enough you will find some great tracks, though I feel like there is more an issue with musical integrity today than there was back in e.g. 80s. You find DJs taking tunes beats and tunes from classic songs and using them in their own project (one example is David Guetta using the piano tune in Coldplay's "Clocks" at the beggining of the song "When Love Takes Over" featuring Kelly Rowland.)

I hope musicians inspired by Linkin Park don't do a similar thing, for example Riverline has a song on their page at http://vk.com/riverline called "Tatievans", which sounds original except the drum beat is quite similar to that of Linkin Park's "Session", unless its just me being too critical but this is kinda thing I'm talking about, coming up with completely original rhythms.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Musicians have taken phrases and melodies from their forerunners ever since the dawn of music. Led Zeppelin are considered one of the best bands to ever exist, but they've straight up stolen songs from bands they were touring with. Nobody cares unless it's an artist you personally don't like. Take "Misirlou", for example. Dick Dale grabs a guitar and plays a Greek folk song. Everyone loves it and it ends up in a Tarantino film. The Black Eyed Peas sample his version and they get slated as sellout hacks. (Nevermind the fact that they actually are sellout hacks, but sampling a surf rock song isn't the reason why.)

PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

I fucking agree.

MagmaXtreme

Huh I didn't realize even Led Zeppelin had done such things, I guess I've been looking at it as something that harms a musician's integrity when its not actually such a distasteful thing to do to sample tunes from songs into your own.

But I guess then its another story when even one line is sampled from one song into your own, I heard LP did that with their unreleased song "She Couldn't" for the line "Won't be long till everybody knows". That song had been virtually non-existent for 10 years after it was made, there is talk that LP couldn't release it due to legal problems because of that line. It's a shame its not even on an underground album yet, many people want that to happen.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

What does it matter? Audio quality aside, you probably already have the track and you didn't even need to pay for it. ;)

MagmaXtreme

If I paid for it I would probably have to pay 500-900 dollars lol. That's how it got released on the internet, back in 2009 some guy on ebay sold bootleg copies of the Hybrid Theory 8-track demos cd which had that song on it. Because that song was so rare people actually paid that much for it, then it got leaked on the internet :p

Having that song on an underground album would make more LP fans aware of it because I feel like not many people know that it exists. Its a great song and it stands out because its very different from all the other songs LP did in the late 90s, has no guitar riffs in it :)

Jay[R]iverline

Jay[R]iverline Member

Hey guys,this is Jay from Riverline =)
    Nice to see this thread,thank you so much to MagmaXtreme and everyone who listened our stuff=)

PikachuFuck

PikachuFuck Banned

Imagine Dragons is manufactured pop garbage.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

How? Because their hooks are catchy?

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Do you think putting a ''fuck'' in your name, and hating on everyone will make you... popular?

And this thread has nothing to do with Imagine Dragons.