American Idol Bans Linkin Park

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Jan 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

If your going to talk about stereotypes, then don't talk about only 13-year olds being teenies. I know alot of people who are 13, and even younger, that could care less about that pop crap and that are in to LP. Not all 13 year olds are like that [/b][/quote]
    You rock. :D

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

That's hilarious. I don't really care because I never watch AI nor do I listen to any of the singers ('cept that one Clay Aiken song...gahhh) but I just think it's odd that they actually banned them. They want pop stars, not rock stars. Fine, ban LP, Korn and whatever. But No Doubt? Um, what the hell?

Someone mentioned that Fox couldn't air certain singers (i.e. Mr. Springstean) but wouldn't they say that outright, instead of just saying they banned them?

Politics. Bleh.

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03 Banned

Ya This Sucks? But If Linkin Park Would Ever swear at all in their albums? would any of you guys mind? i wouldnt? but its not like linkin park swears and you can't perform a song in front of the audience? so please answer my quesion thanks :D

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't care if they swore, but their whole idea is to go "in between the letters of f###", meaning to describe something that people can relate to more.

Alacrity

Alacrity don't stop talking to me; i haven't been listening LPA Super Member

What did that have to do with the topic?

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

What did that have to do with the topic? [/b][/quote]
    I guess it relates loosely to parents and lyrics - you know how they are with swearing :rolleyes:

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

It relates to the topic by? why would they banned them? they dont swear in any of their songs! like korn does? maybe because the're a hard rock band?

Evi

Evi Super Member LPA Super Member

so stupid i hope they're not doing it in belgium ... our belgian idol is a rocker.. he performed songs from nirvana etc... there probably looking for a new britney spears :rolleyes:

lp_fan23k

lp_fan23k Well-Known Member

cool, a rocker idol. Could make a real good tv show.

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

They are frowning on 'alternative rock'....they never said anything about Opeth.... :devil:

ObsidianReign

ObsidianReign Active Member

Somehow I doubt anyone performing "Demon of the Fall" is going to get past the "Idol" auditions ;)

Those of you not familiar with Opeth will not understand hehehe ... one of my favourite bands.

cellardoor

cellardoor Banned

who cares anyway...american idol is for wussy singers...linkin park is heavy rock....and id say linkin park is way bettah than wuss singers

Linkin Park 03.L¶.03

Ya seriously linkin park is not whuss band! lol rock on Linkin Park

DrkAngl

DrkAngl New Member

wow... idol made a good decision for once! i mean, the best way to ruin your favourite song is to have some pathetic wannabe try to sing it!!!
    if only they could ban all my other fav singers.... *sigh*

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Phew i have been meaning to post in this for AGES. It doesn't really bother me they have done this. I really would hate to hear some stupid person 'trying' to sing LP and breaking all the windows and basicaly just slaughtering the song. So in a way i see this as good

Alacrity

Heh, I was walking around my house today singing Evanesance (ok, but still not half as good as Amy Lee) and I wondered what would happen if someone got up there and tried so sing 'Going Under' or 'My Immortal'. Now, if the person COULD sing the song well, then they would definately deserve to be in the competition. But really, who would want to listen to someone slaughter My Immortal? I think its good they banned all of the good bands out there from being sang.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

I'm at school right now, so the article is blocked by the f***** filter. Was Evanescence banned, too?

Alacrity

^,The third season of American Idol kicked off this week on FOX with the final auditions show airing Wednesday (January 21) at 8 p.m. ET. The three opening shows take a behind-the-scenes look at the good, the bad, and the really, really bad from auditions in New York, Atlanta and Houston. The season premiere of American Idol on Monday (January 19) attracted an estimated 28 million viewers.

According to information from the hit show obtained by LAUNCH, several singers and songs were banned from being performed at this year's auditions, including Sarah McLachlan's "Angel," Etta James' "At Last," Elton John's "Candle In The Wind," and the ever-popular "Fallin'" by Alicia Keys. You also won't hear anything by Bruce Springsteen, James Taylor, Mariah Carey, No Doubt, R. Kelly, Tom Petty, Korn, Linkin Park, Carly Simon, or John Mellencamp during the audition process.

The American Idol memo also discourages "most alternative rock bands" to perform during the audition.

I don't think Evanesance was banned, but they discourage it from being performed in auditions.

Matt

Matt Official Ghost of the LPA LPA Super Member

OK, thanks.

linkinpark_fer_lyf

linkinpark_fer_lyf New Member

american idolz krap!! hu wuld even bother watchin it??
    if derez no linkin park muziq on it den whtz da point?? linkin park iz da BEXT n NOTHING beatz em!! hueva decided dat linkin park muziq shuldn't b on american idol iz retarded, cux dey obviously dun haf sense...lp or no lp on AI, itz styll a krap show
    :mike: + :phoenix: + :rob: + :brad: + :joe: + :chaz:= BEXT band alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D B) :lol: :p :rolleyes: :)

american idol producerz shuld b :( cux linkin park muziq haz been removed fwum it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.