LP and Kanye

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by EastGhost, Oct 3, 2013.

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Maybe that is why I don't like Kanye, besides the fact that I think he is extremely conceited and annoying. I don't like hip-hop, R&B or pop. I listen to primarily alternative music, with some metal and hard rock stuff mixed in. I don't like mainstream rock (you could argue with LP) but that is the only band that I like that would be considered in that genre by some. Also, Mike is about the only rapping that I can tolerate, because he does it in a way different than anyone else.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Having a context of what your musical interests are definitely makes it easier to see where you're coming from on the topic of Kanye. While I disagree, I have to respect your opinion. However, I do believe you could try to be less dismissive of an artist in saying "he sucks" if, instead, you don't like the genre as a whole.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

Hold on hold on hold on.

This wasn't a bash thread. Kanye West is one of the best artists that is currently making music right now. Everything he does is a standout in what's currently the "hot new thing" in hip-hop. His soulful sampling on his first two albums was a breath of fresh air in midst of the gangsta 2000-2006 era of hip-hop. Even Yeezus is really dark and electronic in the "Trap" era of hip-hop which is going on right now. He isn't self absorbed. He has said before "if I said I am a Nigga, I am a Pimp, I am a Gangsta" would anyone have reacted the same as if he said (which he did) "I am a God"? He is an artist, and a producer.

Linkin Park was formed in the middle of trendy nu-metal, and only decided to seperate themselves from the trends in 2006. No disrespect, but come on.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Agree to disagree

Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

:rofl: