"Black Heart" Lyric Music Video

Discussion in 'News' started by Hybrid, Sep 23, 2013.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Stone Temple Pilots with Chester Bennington just released their tattoo-inspired lyric music video for their new song "Black Heart." Check it out below:

[Youtube]yQgiSAIzmHY[/youtube]

What did you think about the video? Stop by our forums and lets talk about it!

Source: Stone Temple Pilots on Facebook

Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Pretty interesting ha ha! I love this song.

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Not gonna lie, even though this song lyrically hits really close to home, I really love the artistic take that they took on this video. Very cool concept!

Robot Man

Robot Man Well-Known Member

Badass video, and very creative. Plus the song itself is awesome.

Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

I'm honestly enjoying STP Chester way more than LP Chester. Idk, I think they just use his voice in a more interesting way.

Great vid.

Stino LPLeaks

Stino LPLeaks Well-Known Member

Yeah, let's change the name of this website into STPassociation.com... :kappa:

On topic: great song, great lyric video.

RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

I was somewhat on the fence about the song, but I really like it a lot now. The lyrics are great too.

eleven

eleven Banned

Pretty cool video..

Still don't understand why this song was chosen ahead of Same On The Inside or Cry Cry as the 2nd single tho...

ZachLP

ZachLP Soldier since 2000

Great song, great lyric video! Lol.

bullettrain

bullettrain Well-Known Member

A very ignorant comment on FB: "I'd rather pay $80 to listen to Scott slur words out on stage drunk and high than pay even $1 to own this sh*t."

And another one by the same guy: "Stiff shit, we are here to say what we want, if you don't like it, there is always suicide"

Moron

A very different lyric video and an enjoyable song. Can't wait to hear it in context with the full EP

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

I think it's not possible to use this voice for LP's music, unless LP changes drastically instrumentation set which is not unlikely to happen but it certainly needs time to figure out how to do it without becoming simple rock or acoustic. Truth is, this kind of voice sounds great for rock, but on LP's music would just be plain weird and unmatched. I'm certainly glad for Chester that he is finding more ways to channel his talents in different ways.

About STP, I didn't think I was going to enjoy much since I'm not into that kind of rock, but it's getting to me more than I thought, but still I don't think I will listen to the EP often. I only wish it would be darker.
    Video is awesome.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

See the problem is that LP shouldn't have a dedicated sound or style of vocals. They've marketed themselves their entire career as genre busters, as the band that refuses to stand still or be pigeonholed into a certain sound. By using the argument that "these types of vocals don't suit the sound", it's basically a cop out because there's no reason the band shouldn't be able to test the boundaries of their sound and do things that do not fit the Linkin Park sound.

If they want to be known as genre busters they need to take risks. Write different style lyrics than they normally do and not attempt to automatically "Linkin Park-ify" a track. Just write the music that comes naturally and authentically.

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I hope Mike sees this. ;)

Dave

Dave Try the ketchup! Please.

I can dig it. Song seems very catchy, and sing-along-ish. Love the video, very creative.

:chuck:

The more I hear it, the more I hear Dead By Sunrise, it might be safe to say that DBS won't be coming back as long as Chester is in STP.

The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

... and I agree, specially with the fact of LP not being bound to one path but push the limits away. What I think though, is that as much as you try to be natural and different, the kind of voice he uses in this song will always be going better with grunge songs (such as his Grey Daze stuff), or The Messenger (acoustical) or traditional rock. You try to imagine the voice of Out of Time or Black Heart going with the modern electronic music, it's a question of ear and melodies, not of what LP can't or can do.
    I myself think Chester's vocals are a bit "wasted" in the last couple of albums, that he could do more, but I don't believe this particular style would go; if anything, his part in STP should prove there are alternative ways to master his songs, he just has to find them out yet.

Some things are just not meant to blend together, while others do naturally, while even more have to be discovered. Unless we get some material proving the contrary, I will never be able to imagine Chester's STP vocals over a LP instrumental, considering the whole band has to stay natural. And I say this as a very.. VERY open minded musician.

Other factors: Victimized might be the closest to the genre between the recent songs, and yet it's miles away and often (specially in the chorus), instrumentally it feels just kinda wrong to me; the mastering itself is for a bass-lead song and not for metal. The guitars are a sloppy mess in that mix.
    I do believe LP has to challenge us once more and invent again a totally new genre in order to use Chester's full range, and nowadays, to invent something new, is really hard.

NotEnoughYetTooMuch

NotEnoughYetTooMuch Well-Known Member

The video is very creative and I love it so much

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Nice!

Apagon

Apagon New Member

Awesome