Scott Weiland Issues Statement On New STP, STP Sue Weiland For Use of Stone Temple Pilots Name [UPDA

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, May 26, 2013.

1. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

THIS

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

What I read "STP sucks. I'm not interested so don't post about it".

And sorry, but that sounds selflish to me. As Hybrid said, if you're not interested, don't read and ignore STP news, that's it. And honestly, there was no need in the pretentious "What STP has to realize is that because they get Chester, that doesn't make them a good band".

What you have to realize is that because you don't like them, that doesn't make them a bad band

I don't know if your posts are on purpose that...."negative", but nevermind, I suppose you're right after all. STP sucks and LP is the best band in the worldzz and no formulations and Chester has betrayed us diehardfans, and he should stop with all of this now. Peace :cool:

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  3. Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Big word gave me headache.

4. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I find it it humorous that you pass off your ignorance over STP as fact. You act like the band wasn't viable before Chester came in and that they needed Chester for a popularity boost. You completely disregard actual fact in favor of your very biased opinion of the band and its hilarious. STP may not be huge in your country but they were far from needing a popularity boost. They've sold over 40 million records worldwide, their debut album sold about as much as hybrid theory and they've released as many records as Linkin Park have. And many publications have called "Core" an influential and classic rock album. So they really didn't need Chester's help to be well known. They only hired him because their old singer was such a drugged up addict that he didn't know where he was half the time on stage.

But then again, trying to educate you on music is like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole. It's never going to work.

5. Vdalem

I agree with you. I may not be music bright but I wouldn't bring any band down because of one reason or another.

6. laura

laura Well-Known Member

i'm agree to

7. Hans Muster

Hans Muster Well-Known Member

Stone Temple Pilots were never big outside of the US and their last single to chart in Billboard Hot 100 was 13 years ago. Some people seem to overestimate their success. I actually think too, that they needed Chester more than the other way around. Yes, Weiland is a jerk, but what the other three members do is hilarious. I find it shocking how some people defend them for that. Chester is a fool let them play their game.

8. Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

The other reason why I feel they hired Chester is because of his ability to sing STP's songs. He still makes STP sound like STP instead of a "karaokee" or "cover" version of their songs. He has this uncanny ability to give a nod to Weiland while still maintaining his own identity. Not something many singers who join already established bands can do.

9. Dismantle

Dismantle First person to create a 'Robot Boy' Remix

I could just as easily quote Derek or anyone else, but I'm quoting you just to highlight my view on it. I understand what everyone is saying about "It's related to LP in some aspect because a member of LP is part of it" and I agree I am quite selective about what I class as LP news because I accept Fort Minor & Dead By Sunrise as LP News, but not STP. And honestly, this is an ignorant statement to make, but for me, I class Linkin Park as "My" band, as does alot of people here I'm sure. But I just see STP as an old band that my father would try to push on me (If he even knew who they were), and I don't worry about what's right and what's wrong, I just see what other people/most people see, and that's that Chester is teaming up with a old generic band that play generic rock songs. I don't know if you'll take what I just said the wrong way (Or worse than it was intended) but I think it's sad for me to know that my Favorite "EPIC" and "DIFFERENT" band's forum page is also going to be coinciding with such a generic -passed it's time- not very successful (Based on the fact I and my friends haven't even heard of them) rock band, and it's sad because regardless of if the Linkin Park fans, or the STP fans see it or not, They are using Chester for any chance of success again. They formed in 1986, it just seems so, so, so wrong for Chester to be joining that. It's like a step backwards in my eyes.

10. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

"Hardcore" STP fans would beg to differ :lol:

Anyway. I think we're gonna need more information about this, as the time goes on we've continued to speculate on who needs who, what is more convenient for Chester and honestly we don't know. Sure, as LP fans we want Chester to avoid further trouble but the only thing we know right now is that the STP band members sued Scott, we can't quantify what backlash the situation could have on Chester if nothing has happened yet.

Also, we don't know if at this point they recorded only one song and are working on the rest, or they recorded the album already (which seems unlikely since Chester joined STP barely a month ago, probably).

11. Hybrid

That's exactly why I said it. The problem with "hardcore" fans, is that it is sometimes very hard for them to look past change. They only want to hear Scott Weiland singing STP songs. The only problem with that is the one person who created this mess they are currently in was, in fact, Scott Weiland. Had he gotten his horsecrap shennanigans out of the way and got his priorities straight, the original STP would most likely still be making records today.

12. Derek

I'm sorry but using whether or not you've ever heard of a band as a way to gauge their success has got to be the DUMBEST shit I've ever read in this thread. By your argument Linkin Park isn't successful because I can name quite a few people in my area who have either never heard of the band or haven't heard one song by them. Does this mean they aren't a success? No. And I guarantee you if you look at the best selling artists of the last 20 years there will be some artists you've never listened to or heard of. Just because you don't know of a band doesn't mean they're not successful. That's both stupid and fucking ridiculous.

Also:
    "Core, certified 8× platinum by the RIAA, drove the band to popularity.[50] STP went on to become one of the most commercially successful rock bands of the 1990s, selling nearly 40 million records worldwide,[22] including 17.5 million units in the United States,[51] The band has had 16 top ten singles on the Billboard rock charts, eight of which peaked at No. 1,[52] and one No. 1 album for Purple in 1994."

Copied from Wikipedia. Hardly a failure of a band if you look at the sales and chart figures.

13. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

That's saying a lot as well, considering some of the other posts we've seen

14. Hybrid

This gets my vote for most ignorant post of 2013. Like it or not, STP with Chester is news for Linkin Park fans. Quit dragging it out.

Also you've labeled STP as a "generic rock band that plays generic songs." News flash, kid, STP was one of the most unique sounding bands of the '90's. The label you just threw at them would be just like someone slapping on a "Nu-Metal" label on "your" "EPIC and DIFFERENT" band. The fact that a lot of you younger fans now generalize and group all "rock" songs as "generic" and "boring" is quickly becoming passé. This sound WAS cutting edge at one point. These bands were what stopped '80's pop and hair metal from maintaining popularity through the '90's. These bands were what opened the doors for bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit AND LINKIN PARK to have their sound be acceptable to hear on radio stations.

15. Derek

Have my babies.

16. Hybrid

:lol: :wub:

17. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Vdalem