Linkin Park studio album collection to be released on January 15

Discussion in 'News' started by minuteforce, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xEsaul

xEsaul Well-Known Member

I think this is an excellent way for anyone getting into Linkin Park to own the albums for a cheap price. My girlfriend only heard of the radio singles from the band until we started dating. Safe to say I converted her. She doesn't own the albums, and I think this would be a great thing for her. And I still want to convert my best friend as well...

Anyway. I'm not complaining if it gets more people into the band.

And I was a bit disappointed in Living Things personally (since we're derailing a bit) after hearing A Thousand Suns. Granted, I was disappointed in both albums until I listened to each thoroughly. I wanted something like ATS again, at least concept album wise (yes yes, not a concept album I get it). But I'm glad they still went for unique sounds in LT. I hope they continue to challenge their creativity with the next album. Better to try something new than play it safe.

2. esaulxero

esaulxero New Member

CYRAX

3. MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

Just because their long passed their 30's means that they cant make a dope heavy album? Bullshit

4. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

No, the fact that the heavy songs on LT were complete non-starters means they can't make a dope heavy album.

5. MattLP

Pshhhh

6. Serenity

Serenity Suffocating in the mess

I suppose. Though it really just boils down to whether the guys in the band want to make an entirely heavy album. I quite like the way they balance their albums with soft and heavy stuff, though I'll say that Victimized doesn't really whet my appetite, haha.

No one said they can't release a super heavy dubstep/darkstep/EDM album though. :shinado:

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The band probably isn't making "dope heavy albums" anymore because I'm guessing they're just done with that kind of music. Not to mention Chester's voice likely won't be able to handle it as easy as he gets older. It's just reality. Even LIVING THINGS which was touted as a "mix of old and new" still didn't sound completely like the old records, which proves they're never going to completely go back to their 'hard rock roots'. It's just not the kind of music they want to make anymore. Chester has gone on record several times to express his distaste of nu-metal, and how he hated the band being grouped into that genre. Even though you weren't saying they should go back to nu-metal, you're still saying the band needs to be heavy to make a good record which is insane. They're close to 40 years old. Writing shit about how their wounds will not heal, and how they're about to break really doesn't come off believable anymore when they're almost all happily married and quite a few of them have kids.

Sure the band could write a whole song of victimized style songs with "adult lyrics" but that in itself would be selling the band short. Why do heavy just because it's what a niche group of fans want to hear? Why restrict themselves to making only heavy music? The band has the style they have now because they want to mix different genres. They don't just want to make heavy metal or hard rock with rap and electronic elements in it. They want to make electronica, folk, metal, dubstep etc or whatever they feel sounds good. Soulful/emotive and experimental music that dips in to multiple genres without being constrained to a "general sound" like they were on their sophomore album. The fact that MTM, ATS, and LT do not have a generic sound and have songs that are polar opposites of each other should be proof they want to do more than just balls to the wall heavy metal. Infact, the only reason they didn't have sprawling 6 minute epics on the last album is because they wanted to make a concert friendly album. An album with high energy and quick firecracker tracks. Otherwise I'm sure we would've had an album just as "out there" as ATS had they approached LT the same way as the two records before it.

You can wish for them to scream in your face and shred those guitars. I'll be sitting here feeling glad the band is doing whatever they want, even if it's a country ballad on the next disc.

8. Serenity

Now I'm going to be heavily disappointed if there isn't a 6-minute long country ballad on the next album, Derek.

9. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Seconding the epic country ballad idea.

10. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Tripling my own idea.

Country Park. MAKE IT HAPPEN MIKE.

11. MattLP

yeah throw some country, jazz, dance pop/teen pop ,soul, blues and it will the best album EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. Serenity

Basically any genre beside electronic? [noparse];)[/noparse]

13. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

I would seriously appreciate a Jazz/folk/pop/rap/electro combo.

I can't take country style lyrics, sorry.

14. MattLP

Hell Yeah!!!

15. Phase12

Phase12 Member

16. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I'm right with you, man, on both accounts.

I want to see them do a Songs of Faith and Devotion-esque album. Something that reaches deeper, more spiritual lyrically - with some type of allegory (I realize they did this with ATS with the apocalypse stuff, but I'd like to see them do something more spiritual). But with that jazzy rock funk mixed with electronics that Mode had. LP could rock that so hard if they gave it a go.

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

$50 in the United States (via iTunes US) and $30 in Australia (via iTunes AU), the one time we get something cheaper and it is somewhat worthless (for me, personally).

18. Phase12

Phase12 Member

US iTunes: $49.99
    US Amazon: $49.99

US iTunes Quality: AAC 256 kbps
    US Amazon Quality: MP3 320 kbps

iTunes have worse quality for the same price like in amazon.com

19. UNiPersona

UNiPersona previously known as STARKINATOR

As far as I'm concerned, AAC is actually better than MP3. And I believe just a couple of years (1 or 2) years ago, Amazon was still selling 256 Kbps MP3s. Maybe I'm wrong tho, never bought anything via Amazon except a free track.

20. The_Unknown

The_Unknown Active Member

Which is why I pretty much stopped listening to Trent Reznor. Even with HTDA he recycles 15 years old lyrics and sounds everything else than emotional. When you don't feel what you make music for, the whole sound becomes atrophied and empty. When you force yourself to please a certain kind of audience but doesn't appeal your heart anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.