LPU Chat with Chester: Summary

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Dec 6, 2012.

Tags:
    EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

So get rid of Meteora pop hits that everyone loves and only takes up 20-30 minutes in the set, but throw in random ATS songs that are amazing but won't get a reaction at all (ex. Robot Boy, Wretches And Kings) wow you fans are harsh.

A Thousand Suns kills Meteora but damn let them use the songs that will amp up a casual listener.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

What part of "If they play the same mess over and over again........they would have broken up years ago!" does anyone gets?! *eat cookies til sick* :p

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I agree but I'd throw in Reanimation as well.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

They should play a concert with just unreleased songs. That would be :headbang:

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

BIO sucks live when played alone. When they play it with the APFMH bridge or Sabotage (freaking awesome), it's amazing.

Grey

Grey Member

I thought this was a Linkin Park fansite :D , turns out half of the people here hate on most of their early stuff... I mean it's a little harsh.. This site was apparently made a decade ago, the time period when Linkin Park released Hybrid Theory and Meteora.. How did this site even come to be at that time, when most people here don't even like the songs :/ I mean for example what is wrong with breaking the habit?

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

Bubbles > Meteora

Hybrid Theory and Meteora were released when the majority of us were prepubescent pre-teens or angst-ridden teenagers that hated the world for being unfair.

10 years later, old LP has become unoriginal and childish. We've learned more about music.

Imagine being someone in their mid-20s listening to

I WANNA HEAAAAAL
    I WANNA FEEEEEEEL
    WHAT I THOUGHT WAS NEVER REAAAAAAL

Yeah. I literally punched myself in the face for just TYPING that out. I'm not kidding. I feel my cheek swelling up right now.

10 years ago, a lot of us (look at my join date for the forums. I've been here a while) got into LP because it spoke to who we were and facing at the time.

In the present day, we can see that those albums were unoriginal, angst-filled, childish, and VERY badly written lyric-wise.

Grey

Grey Member

Well you brought out some really good points, most of the stuff (if not all of it) you said is kinda true..
    I guess I'm just a little tired of people bashing on Meteora all the time.
    If you don't like the album move on or smt, stop complaining about it.
    I guess the lyrics weren't that good either..
    But anyway thanks for clearing that up.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

We bash Meteora because (warning, blanket statement), the majority of nu-metal diehards and Meteora fanboys post very nonsensical, unintelligible, leet speak gibberish. And they're very easy to rile up.

When ATS first came out, the majority of posts were along the lines of "WTF WEAR DA GUITARZZZ" and "WTF IS DIS TECHNO SHIT". Those going to defend ATS (and to a lesser extent, Living Things) wrote out very thoughtful counter-arguments about why they disagreed. When those same people went on to say they thought Meteora was a horrible album, the nu-metal diehards would respond not with counter-arguments, but "STFU U STUPID ASSHOLE" and other immature things.

There have been a few (read: a few is very, very little) Meteora fans who have been able to act intelligently and take everything in stride like a lot of the older LP fans. But the fact that the majority of them flip their shit when we bash Meteora, it's way too tempting to just bash it all day and watch them squirm and get offended.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

I'm going to Co-Sign Kacy's statement and call it a day.

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

There are many people here who love HT and Meteora. (Count me in.) But there are also people who just outgrew it, and they just point out the flaws (especially on Meteora). People here made me realize that Meteora really isn't that good... and now I see that they were 120% right.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I love Meteora. No one will ever change my mind about it but me.

LohithMohan

LohithMohan It's like I'm paranoid...or am I?

In my opinion, you know how Maroon 5 threw away their original stuff and went for commercial nonsense in Overexposed? That's what Meteora is to me in LP's music. Catchy songs but completely commercial which is not bad if it had even a hint of growth in it from the previous album. That's the only album that didn't have any growth in LP's 12 years. And people pick on the band so much nowadays cause they want the pure commercial Meteora LP. It's funny how they call them sell outs now when that was what LP did with Meteora.

HT was amazing cause off how it fused so many genres together.
    MTM portrayed the band's struggle to get out off the nu-metal genre
    ATS was their greatest album musically. ATS was the exact opposite of Meteora. YES, it was electronic but I don't understand why so many people think that JUST cause an album is electronic it automatically becomes commercial. That's just plain nonsense. None of the songs in ATS were commercial.
    In fact when Living Things released, most reviewers told ATS is what LP should aim for again.

Say what you want. The band's sales have gone down drastically. Hell, Living Things just spent 22 weeks on Billboard 200 whereas Meteora spent over 95 weeks.
    Half their fan base left them and they still experiment with new genres. It takes guts to do that which no artist in today's music scenario has.

Apop

Apop LPA VIP LPA VIP

Threads that have nothing to do with Meteora turning into a Meteora (old LP vs. new LP) thread will never surprise me.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I love the solemn tone you're taking when debatting this. I should probably ignore your perpetual early-LP bashing, that would be the best way to prevent you from doing it again. Oh well. I am sick of hearing you talking as the music I enjoy is utter bullshit.

Unoriginal? Well, do you know originality is something relative? If you have spent years listening to heavy-guitar driven music, you'll probably think heavy-guitar driven music is generic, but if you have spent years listening to hip hop and French variety, you'll probably think it sounds new and original. A lot of people tends to think the music they don't like sounds generic :" I don't like [insert style] because it all sounds the same to me". It's an argument you'll often find on the internet. Reality is, nothing is per se generic, it all depends on people perceptions.

Angst-filled? Used in such a pejorative way, I guess angst-filled music is necessarily bad music. However, I feel like it's not an universal standard, but yours. You think angst is immature and blah blah blah. Do you know some people will have an awfull life all along? Go tell them "Don't be angsty! One day, you'll be loved/.../...", ah! While I think that hope/positivism/ optimism are the best solutions to have an happy life, I can understand that some people want to express their angst. Isn't it the goal of music after all, to express emotions?

Childish? Again, it's all about your perceptions. I don't think Mike and Co. though their record was childish when they made it, even though they were probably older than you at the time.

VERY badly written lyric-wise? Go tell this to the people who connect with those songs. They'll tell you that they love those lyrics and that it help(ed) them in their daily live.

To end this post, you said you liked HT when you were an angsty teen. Now, have you ever though that you could be like " Oh, I liked those records when I was a 20 years kid" in the future? Finally, you are still young. Acting as you do, I would bet you'll be mocking what you're doing now when you'll be older. Again.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

This is all true, HT & Meteora are masterpieces.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yeah, well ... I'm sorry that I forgot to be specific :disgust:

Suffered

Suffered All we need is faith

Sorry but the only masterpiece from LP is ATS. Meteora sucks monkey balls. Yeah, someone can connect with those songs. But still, those lyrics are just childish.
    Nu-Metal as a whole is just childish and stupid.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

lol this is like Youtube.

RiseFromTheAshez

RiseFromTheAshez Banned

yeah, because I'm sure you can connect to songs about nuclear war.