Breaking the Habit

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The Doctor, Nov 23, 2003.

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

i hope it follows the day of a suicidal linkin park fan who cuts herself, and her mom rips posters and throws lp cd's around and stuff,

morningafter

morningafter Well-Known Member

I think it'd be something related to suicide, probably a guy shooting a gun off (they show a shot of the guy, then the gun, close up, then the sound of the bang at the beginning of the song- and they have too many girls in their video, show a guy with problems instead) and throughout the video all the things and problems which accumulates and causes him to nearly commit suicide, and in between Chester will be in the background singing to him, but he doesn't acknowledge it. Like Chester's invisible.

Then he'll probably be holding a weapon of some sort, and he's about to shoot himself... hears the LP song slightly... gunshot... and it turns out he accidentally shot something else- the shot was meant for him, but just as he shoots himself he hears lp and he relates to that song completely, and next we'll see him at the television/radio, comprehending the meaning of the song, which would relate to his life. His parents hear the gunshot, comes up to his room, realize that he's troubled and they sort things out. And the guy smiles. Like the crawling video.

Bwahaha. Kind of dumb. But it was my situation. I was so suicidal, and one day the radio played LP and I listened (it was crawling) and I was like "I can really relate to this" and in a way they helped my life. LP is my song, they helped me deal with life issues. And I have so many I wouldn't know where to start.

LPNeSSRGB

LPNeSSRGB Super Member LPA Super Member

I think I'll leave the concept of this video to Mr. Hahn. :D
    Though I really like some of your ideas!
    All I know is that BTH will be a very depressing video.
    :rob:

arT saveS

arT saveS Y2K

Yeah I agree...I'm not very good at making concepts for videos. :p

chestalova

chestalova New Member

yah.. i dunno.... i like anything lp does.... pretty much... so yeah i dunno... i love that song...

Shishio Himura_1989

Shishio Himura_1989 Member

When is this video going to be released, and is this the last music video for meteora. Also, how do you know its going to be breaking the habit? Thanks.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

1. probably sometime early next year
    2. possibly (they better get started on a new album :mad:)
    3. Mike confirmed in a radio interview

lp_fan23k

lp_fan23k Well-Known Member

i think the video would have chester stalking some kid and chester acting crazy (w00t)

Shishio Himura_1989

Thanks for the information superxero88. ^_^

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Is that your real name in your screenname? It sounds so cool.

Shishio Himura_1989

Is that your real name in your screenname? It sounds so cool. [/b][/quote]
    Thanks! But no, it's not my real name. It's a combined name of Makoto Shishio and Kenshin Himura, two characters from an anime called Rurouni Kenshin.

Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn New Member

I've never really thought about it, but their videos are so unique that I'm sure it'll be great. :chaz:

[Listens to Song]

Maybe ...well a kid, a boy, and he's like speaking the song and they flash back to LP performing or singing somewhere. Sometimes when the screen is on the boy, Chester or someone else is with him, but the boy can't sense it. Basically acting out the song, a lyrical video. And then near the end, the boy will notice the band, instead of not sensing them...

Oi, this is why I never wanted to be a director. I have no imagination. :p

evil willow

evil willow Well-Known Member

wow! some of you have really good ideas!
    not like me, cuz i can't think of anything original.... just leave this to Mr. Hahn. we'll see what he made out of it (and im very curious bout that...)

benningtonbabelp

benningtonbabelp Member

i see a young guy, standing in a room argueing with his parents (the kid has multi colored hair, piercings, spike collar, etc. and his parents are wearing cartegans and leasure slacks. nuff sed.) and so he throws something down on the floor and runs up to his room slamming the door. then it goes to :chaz: singing the first verse up to the chorus, and in the backround you see the kid flipping out (punching the walls, screaming, etc.) and then you see the kid goin into the bathroom to get some pills ( :chaz: is still singing) and comes running out and as he is about to slam the door, ("clutching my cure, i tightly lock the door...") he takes like A LOT then jus passes out on his bed. his parents come in at the end of the song when hes up and about to jump out his window.
    its kinda dark i know but thas wut i c wut bout u guyzz?

Snoo

Snoo Well-Known Member

Actually that sounds pretty good ^_^ Sounds alot like Numb and Crawling, where the entire song is following a troubled teen. I can't see him jumping out a window though...if it were up to me, then I would do everything you said, but change the ending so when Chester says "tonight", the last verse, it shows a brief flash of he dude's grave.... :shifty: I don't think WB would allow that though, LP wanted Crawling to have a darker ending to it, but the WB wouldn't have it. :rolleyes: I think everyone's concept of the video is great. I'm so excited about this video...I think so far the best video is From the Inside, but with all of the possibilities for BTH, I think their final video for Meteora will be the best.

xox LPchic xox

xox LPchic xox Member

i see it as chester alone in a kind of shabby sparse room, kinda dark, just a bed and a dresser maybe. in the opening chords, chester is sitting on the bed just scribblin in a notebook, then stands up in front of the mirror and starts singing. oh yeah, cue that lightning and stuff lol. but then when he sees himself in the mirror, there are all these pictures reflected back at him, all blurry and stuff, ok teens like screaming or acting out. then in the chorus, the camera pans through the hall following chester out the door, which is of course dark. he stops and leans against a wall singing, while the band is playing in the background. then for the next verse, chester's in another room, breathing hard, and locks the door. he opens a window and looks out at the storm before quickly turning away and back into the hall with the band. then at "i'll paint it on the walls" chester writes on the wall of the hallway "i'm breaking the habit." then at the last chorus he runs out of the house into the storm and the rain just kinda well stops and he starts walking along the road, and fades out.

ha wow i went into more detail than i mean lol