LP's 6th Album

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by CylockDNB, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

So? It's well worth the wait. Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Dream Theater) and The Beatles (better known as the White Album) are some of the most innovative material ever put out by those respective bands.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

More experimental music and to the guy who said ''less happy sounds''. What you just want sad sounds? We need more songs written in major keys nearly all their songs are minor

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

What if it isn't good?

I would like a longer album, tho...

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I really hope Brad/Mike/Anyone else will give us some original and memorable guitar riffs in the next record. Because, simply put, there was none of that in neither ATS or LT. ATS had guitars textures in almost all the songs, and LT had some good guitars parts, but none of them were really riffs, they sounded more like classic/generic guitar progressions. All in all, I would want a more guitar-based record I think. Thinking about it, LT didn't have a single verse based on a guitar riff, all of them were constructed around electronic noises and big beats. I'm fine with it and I love LT, but I honestly miss some guitar-based songs.

And no, more guitars doesn't mean less experimentation. For example, instead of always going electronic verses + chorus with guitars, try verses with guitar riffs + atmospheric chorus with electronic noises.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
    Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

Burning in the Skies has someone of the best guitar work in an LP song in my opinion.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

I mean personally I think it's worth trying at least; I'd like to see LP try new things.

And yeah, whoever said to write more happy-sounding songs, I'm down. I loved LGM.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

I'd like short punky songs, with Chester only, like Dead by Sunrise's My Suffering, Condemned and Inside of Me.

But on the other hand, I want it to surprise me. I'd like it to have its identity. Its weirdness and its beautiful.

Maemi

Maemi Well-Known Member

I don´t know what the next album will sound like, but for sure LP won´t be stuck and they will come with something new again, so I guess it´ll be a surprise for us. But I hope it won´t be too different and we will be able to recognize LP sound.

Qwerty19

What would be cool to me would be LP trying some jamming sessions. I mean, in a lot of interviews, they're saying that they're not a jam band, that this is not the way they work, and that they practice their songs for the first time when they're touring.

However, I think jamming would be an nice addition to their toolbox. It would give them more possibilities in their creative process. Like, don't go totally "let's forget protools, and let's just jam", but try it from times to times. Let's just see what comes off from that. To me, using different working methods would make the process even more creative.

Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Actually, they've gone further than that. During the ATS process they just got together and started making sounds, even with a mop against a wall. And that's far more creative than just playing to each other until they find a repetitive, easy riff and record that.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

What I want to see happen is for them to continue the sound of Living Things, but build onto that sound. In order for them to achieve that I would like to see more drawn out, longer songs. When I was listining to songs like Castle of Glass, Roads Untraveled and Powerless, I couldn't help but crave for more of those songs. Also another concept album would be much appreciated.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

LP has said that their goal is to release a new record about every 18 months or so.

Captain-EO likes this.
    Filip

I definitely don't want another record like Living Things. I agree with whoever wrote that they need more guitars in their songs, but I wouldn't like the whole album to be built on guitars... Burning In The Skies is a good example, it's a mix of electronics and guitars at the end, the same with Iridescent... However, I'd prefer electronic beats of ATS (W&K, in particular) over guitars...

But I expect a shift from this style in the next record...

^They said that, now look how many time was between their records... 2,5 years, 4 years, 2,5 years, almost 2 years...

Cole Frambes

Cole Frambes Member

im hoping for another ATS but more brutal, more songs like Blackout, Wretches And Kings, When They Come For Me, maybe even a song like Hit The Floor, but More Use Of Tribal Drums !!!

Qwerty19

I didn't saw this until today, but since the topic has come out from death, let me just say that some of those "repetitive, easy riff" have made some of the greatest rock songs ever, according to popular opinion.

I did not say I wanted them to only jam and only make guitar riffs and stuff anyway. Only guitars riffs would not be really creative. Only weird sounds neither, since it has been made by tons of electronic bands. Now, if you blends the 2 elements together, that's another story.

lime treacle

I don't know what to expect, really.

Rick is gonna lead them in the right direction, that's for sure.

Nick Hart

Nick Hart Well-Known Member

I loved every album up to Living Things. A Thousand Suns is probably my favorite. But I didnt like Living Things, it sounded like they wanted to do their current sound but bring back some elements from their older music to please their older fans, and then sprinkle a mainstream friendly sound over it, and overall it just sucked. The songs were simple and got boring quickly. I'm not saying I need another A Thousand Suns but I just pray it's not another Living Things.

Filip

Did they ever confirm he's gonna be the producer?

lime treacle

No. But I doubt they're going to replace him. Mike said that, when they thought about changing the producer, they ended up staying with Rick because there's a great chemistry between them and he came as the natural choice for Linkin Park.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  20. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I kind of hope they go prog rock on the next one. Like in the vein of Porcupine Tree's album The Incident. A good album like that would probably satisfy a majority of fans and still be really interesting.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.