11/07/2012 - Cape Town, South Africa - Living Things World Tour & International LPU Summit

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Nov 6, 2012.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

That's from LP's Facebook page for the people who don't have FB.

That's so sad. RIP. :(

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Such a sad and unfortunate set of circumstances. Really puts things in perspective. Condolences to her family and all the others affected by the collapse.

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

What an awful thing, my thoughts and condolences to all her friends and family all all who knew her.

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

Oh god, to think she died on a night she was suppose to have the time of her life... Mu deepest condolences to her family :(

vanRoK

vanRoK Well-Known Member

damn i just remembered how awesome was at my first LP concert,one of the best days of my entire life,just imagine putting yourself in the place of one of the fans caught under that tower,all those dreams and expectations crushed in a second :( so sad,R.I.P .

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

So sorry to hear that. I feel bad for all those who were there.

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Sad someone died, it was a girl too :( RIP.

I think COG is being held for the American Awards.

YoMarques

YoMarques Linkin Park Soldier. LPUer.

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of the fan who died last night... It was really shocking to hear about it :( Wishing a quick recovery to all the others who were injured...

laura

laura Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry some of them I know them because of lpu 11 I'm sorry my thoughts go out to those who knew her and her relatives rip in peace

Vdalem

I hope LP do right by their fans!

Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Sad to hear this happened... ^What do you mean?

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I was shocked to hear about this. When I first heard about it, my initial reaction was "I thought they were 'weather ready' to prevent stuff like this from happening," then I found out that the structure that collapsed wasn't even theirs, nor was it inside the venue. Needless to say, it is a tragedy. My condolences are out there for those who have been affected by this.

Tihilp92

Tihilp92 Well-Known Member

chayand1

chayand1 Well-Known Member

Really sad, nothing to say, just RIP ):

Søuł

Søuł As rogue as they come

alexbism

alexbism Well-Known Member

Did they play something during the LPU summit ?

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

Honestly, fuck South Africa! And by that i mean the current dominant group who made up more than half of the percentage of the audience due to them being the only ones who could afford the ticket price by way of exploiting and oppressing the native South Africans and benefiting from that privilege. Aside from that, I hope LP in the future tour other parts of the world they've never been too even if it takes them another 10 years.

Vdalem

What I mean? Well we lost a LP soldier. Hope they work it out to make sure we don't lose another one.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Very sad news about the accident. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. :(

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

Where to start here. First, if you are talking about South America's white population, you should know that they are the minority there. Next, know that their Apartheid rule has come to an end. Know that it has been that way for almost 20 years now. Know that a democratic culture seems to be coming together and people are moving towards equality. If it was the white people you were referring to, know that South Africa's white population is less than 10%. Know that they have many poor and unemployed citizens due to violent attacks against migrant workers from other African countries. Know that part of thier high unemplyment is because of their out dated infrastructure. Know that they are supporting a relatively efficient distribution of goods to major urban centers throughout the region. Know that hey are concidering using state-owned enterprises to deliver basic services to low-income areas and to increase job growth. Know that they are supporting large numbers of refugees from Democratic Republic of the Congo, Somalia, Burundi and other states in Africa. Know that they are doing all of that whilst dealing with the AIDS epidemic as well as power instability due to aging power plants.

The people that were able to make it to the shows very well could have made an honest dollar like you and me. South African people are not the monsters you've made them out to be. Every person I have ever met from South Africa has been nothing but genuinely polite with me. They are all a bunch of really cool people, actually.