If Chester left Linkin Park would they continue?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 8, 2012.

?

Would LP carry on without Chester?

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    31.4%
  2. No

81 vote(s)
    68.6%
    Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

yes. If mike leave, then no. Most of the lyrics are written by mike...it will be a huge lost if chester leave but if he leaves, LP songs will be more like xero. Mike rap/sing for the whole song

Maemi

Maemi Well-Known Member

I don´t know what they would do if Chester left the band, but I voted for "no" because I wouldn´t want them to continue without him or some other current member. For me it wouldn´t be Linkin Park without Chester, Rob, Brad, or others and it would be hurtful for me to see an empty hole or a stranger in the band. Let´s hope it won´t happen...

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

People keep saying Mike is the creative one. I'm pretty sure the other have the ability to be creative. What Mike brings to the band is pretty much all intangible and could be made up for or replaced. It wouldn't be the same and it would really suck but you could do it. There's no other voice like Chester's on the planet. he's irreplaceable.

Gravity_LP

Gravity_LP Well-Known Member

If there's no chester, it's gonna take like a million years to find someone that sing like him. That's the lost. LP will go into more hip hop
    If there's no mike, the lyrics won't be really that relatable as most of LP lyrics are written by him and LP will no longer be a rap rock band but just a rock band.
    I do know one guy that sound the closest to chester though -Alex Mcmillan.. u can check his LP song covers on youtube.
    BUT NO ONE CAN REPLACE CHESTER and MIKE. I can't imagine what will happen if one of them left. something will be missing. Sure they can continue, but i don't think it will be better and it will no longer be Linkin Park anymore.

Melis

Melis when you're feeling empty, keep me in your memory LPA Super Member

:ditto:

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

Well, to sum it up in a short and simple sentence - They'd be fucked without Chester

Diablorojo

Diablorojo Well-Known Member

Im sure that the band can continue without Mike he's a genious but im sure that the other members have a lot of talent to do something by themselves

i also think that Mike always wants the band to do what he wants, in the Living Things documentary rob only appeared once he recorded some fucking cool drums and i assume that Mike changed them for some beats

Geki

Geki >.

I could NEVER imagine LP without Chester. They would not continue on as a band, and they would lose a shit ton of fans. Same with Mike, although, I can argue that Chester is the most important part of the band for a lot of reasons. Mike is the backbone and writes a lot of the lyrics and puts everything together, etc..

IanHammer

IanHammer Cawe Designs Boss

Chester has unique voice it would be difficult to replace him but they would continue just it won't be the same thing.