LOST IN THE ECHO Music Video Being Filmed Today

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

I would have to agree with Minus. LP might have a dedicated fanbase BUT there is a big chunk of it made of whiners and similar, so definitely not the best.

And as for the models' tweets, well, they're kind of promoting themselves as well, they didn't even know who Linkin Park really is, thought Jay-Z was in the band and even spelt the name wrong, and suddenly LOST IN THE ECHO is the most epic song ever and have the "greatest" fanbase just because they gained a couple hundred followers due to the video news.

It's just some ass-kissing, nothing out of the ordinary, however, I do hope the video turns out great and that the songs does a good job on the charts.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  2. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I sincerely hate this fanbase at times. A lot of people hate endlessly on LP and their new and evolved sound. You dont like the sound of LP? Cry me a fucking river. Zoe and I found one guy on LPs FB page severely clueless as fuck, even saying LP was metal in their HT days. Not as bad as the guy eho tried picking me up claiming that BID had a drum machine in it. If it wasnt for the LPA my faith in LPs fanbase would be a lonely and cold place.

3. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Bit harsh. :lol:
    There was a time when even we didn't know about Linkin Park. And it just might not be their kind of music. But if you're an aspiring model and one of the biggest bands in the world gave you such an awesome opportunity, you'd be pretty grateful too :p

4. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I would agree with this. I would say the "forum fans" are very Dedicated and some of the best fans. Like LPA and LPL, they are very dedicated

5. mastae

mastae Some Honky

Ya'll crazy

Also yeh if it wasn't for LPA I'd assume LP's fanbase mainly consisted of people who bitched and moaned. At least none of us pretend to be women on the internet.

Naw brah.

So anyways that LITE video...

6. Andreina

Andreina Proud Venezuelan LP fan. LPA Contributor

Of course it's a great opportunity and something to be grateful of, but I think they overdid it just a bit, that's all. I mean, I even wished the girl good luck in the video and told her she was lucky, but I read their tweets carefully because I don't want to be overhyped, they're too excited about it and probably blowing some things out of proportion.

7. Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

People... :facepalm:

Can't wait for the video, I hope it's good. The location looks pretty cool, I guess we'll find out when it comes out.
    I wonder what the actresses are going to do in the video. :shrug:

8. Adam.

Adam. Well-Known Member

May I pick you up? I really enjoy your painting masks and I think we could include them in some role play(ing games because I really love RP'ing with fellow geeks, you know? Since you're in Australia does that mean picking you up is actually against the laws of physics and that I really need to push you down to achieve an analogous effect? ).

9. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

After M2M that was the downfall of this fan base, i saw it coming months b 4 M2M when they first talked about m2m, its kinda sad really
    because it was a great happy fanbase to be apart of of everyone got along there wasnt any fighting, with each other and all this nonsense
    and even with LT i know LP wanted to try and bring the realtionship back together again like it once was (2000-2006) but it just failed
    just the other day i saw two LP fans arguing over "old and new" LP its really sad what this became, i cant even talk about LP outside cause theres always gonna be arguing.

10. Gloomy Mushroom

This user is on your ignore list.

11. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

The fanbase changed in 12 years... They lost a lot of fans, but they also got a lot of fans, younger people who like their music like MTM, ATS or LT.

12. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

By "just the other day" do you mean like 7-8 pages back? Anytime you have variety there'll be people who like/dislike it. It's 2012, hasn't this debate been done to death already...

BACK ON TOPIC: How legitimate is the site that's listed the release date as 23 July? Do all the other release dates they've given matched up?

13. Gloomy Mushroom

I don't talk to you quite often (and judging by your previous posts I feel kinda glad I don't) but they made us wait about two or so years in between MTM and ATS that was their biggest downfall to me. MTM had to be appreciated in its own sense which what I am coming at is to what Mike said in that Q and A session a few nights ago but how MTM was made deliberately different and unevenly flowing.

14. Filip

I think July 23 is right. The date they gave about RHCP's Brendan's Death Song was correct. Awesome song, btw.

15. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

Brendan's Death Song came out last week sometime (and yeah it's an awesome video, don't like how it's 2 mins shorter than the album version though). Unless it hasn't been released yet in the UK? But considering they were filming LITE yesterday, I'd say 23rd kinda fits the timeframe for post-production

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  16. Filip

Chad Smith (RHCP drummer) confirmed on twitter that a full lenght video will be released soon. :D

17. Filip

Are they still shooting the video or are they done?

18. Gloomy Mushroom

I am going to spare a mod from saying this. But please refrain from double posting. Use the edit button if you wish to add something.

19. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I believe they are done. The last two days were the shooting of the video

20. Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Hello. Welcome to the LPA. You know what's pathetic? Being a member of a forum for one day and branding it and all of the 9 staff "pathetic". It astounds me that you've managed to come to such conclusions after such a short time... based on one thread. Also, thanks for the tips on how to moderate and everything, but I'm pretty sure I can handle it. What's especially pathetic is you calling me hypocritical, especially when the examples you chose include me addressing a member about the rules. If you can find one post of mine that is off-topic between the first post you quoted and that pedantic second example, where I'm not addressing a member directly about the topic or the rules, I'd love to see it.

I'm not really sure why you expect moderators of a fan site to be stone-faced robots who do nothing but enforce rules and post happy thoughts, but it seems you've had a problem with us since you misunderstood Derek's post here. It means a lot that you think I have "the right" to post only "positive" messages though, I appreciate that.

Your expectations of what a moderator should be is clouded by your inability to have a sense of humor. Not only have you over-exaggerated a situation based on one thread with your one day experience, but you've also managed to generalize a whole website based off of one thread and your one day experience. I have zero respect for members like you, and it disgraces the Linkin Park community. I just needed to finally say this... after one day of knowing you. Because members like you reach a whole new level of pathetic.

Your post isn't being deleted, however I'm going to give you two infractions for 1. Advising Staff and 2. Disrespecting Other Members, but hey, at least I'm finally doing my damn job.

I see your favorite word to use is "pathetic", which is very appropriate after reading your uninformed "opinion". My advice to you is chill out, maybe smile once in a while and get a sense of humor, because if you're going to get this uptight about a few people posting a few videos / images in response to one of our members re-registering pretending to be female then I don't know what to say. If you want to be serious business all the time, this community isn't for you. We know when to be serious and when to have fun on here and you'd probably know this if you took the time to explore the forums, get to know our members and not be so quick to judge everyone after your one day tenure.