Do the fans want more experimentation or more of the same?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Jun 14, 2012.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

I couldn't disagree more. Chester blows my fucking mind when he starts screaming.

jare0674

jare0674 There's a seat here along side me...

Though I do like LP's heavy music and Chester's screams I don't want him to scream anymore. I want Chester to be like Paul McCartney and still be releasing music and singing beautifully while he's 70 and I just don't see that happening if they keep screaming in their songs and playing them live.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I don't mind experimental, as long as I like it. For a lead single and deliberate radio hit, BID is good. However, if the entire album happened to be in that style, it may feel a bit shallow. We all know it won't be, so I expect great things from LT.

Do I want experimental or more of the same? A little bit of both works for me. How the first 8 songs will be familiar and the last 4 will be experimental, seems like they're revisiting their old sounds initially, then blending into a new age once again. Their next album will be a big experiment again.

It's like if you listened to all their albums back to back, you would hear the journey their careers have taken. From young, energetic 20's in HT and Meteora, to an attempt at maturity and trying to find who they are, but being a little confused in Minutes to Midnight, then having a midlife crisis with ATS and currently becoming comfortable with their past and embracing it with LT.

hybridsun00

hybridsun00 LPA VIP LPA VIP

So far we have heard 3 tracks 1 being an instrumental, so how is there anything to compare to. We have heard 30 second snippets, no lyrics, no song progression YET! They have said themselves that each song has different evolutions to it through out the song. Heck listen to LGM it starts out rap centric and goes LPish and hits hard, then ends. Give it some time people, like 11 days to be exact!!!!

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

Lmao if the band lasts into their 70's by the time I will no longer be a concert goer. So for now I would just like them to create intense, emotion music that never ceases to give me chills.

Avo

Avo Don't Stop Running

I'd rather them create an experimental album I dislike than produce generic, catchy shit with no substance any day. At least they'd be pushing themselves to their creative max.

Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Ouch. This is probably one of the worst thing I have ever read about LP fans expectations.

If that ever happened, LP would become incredibly boring. So would their live shows.

Also, but i'ts only my opinion, I've always found that LP is a little bit "cliché" when they do ballads. LOATR is just a bland pop rock song. Iridescent is nothing spectacular too. There are other bands who are way better at doing ballads. If you ask me, LP should just continue to mix different styles, that's where they really shine.

Lee

Lee Well-Known Member

I want a mix of the hard stuff from HT, the experimental of ATS, and the soft stuff from MTM. But no more WID, ND, BID, please!

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

More experimentation. And I'd like them all to sharpen their technical skills so that they're not necessarily writing more experimental stuff but more challenging stuff to play.

Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

This fan wants more of whatever they do. Because they seem to be more hit than miss and that's fine by me. But I do love the new "making albums to be playable live" approach

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This for me. :)