WHY do you like Linkin Park?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Delicious Dave, Jun 12, 2012.

Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

And Deftones.

Shikshak

Shikshak Well-Known Member

Because their new album is gonna leak in hours

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

Because I wanna!

Linkin Park's discography is basically the timeline of my life. I used to a really depressed pre-teen, who eventually decided that I needed to change. And now, I even accept and embrace my dark past.
    During my depressed days, I used to blast Hybrid Theory and Meteora so much. They made me feel better inside. With Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand suns, they helped me to mature as a person and become a brighter and deeper person.
    And I don't know how Living things would affect my life; what I do know however is that my relationship with the band's music is not the same for any other artist.

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Because it's rap-rock that doesn't sound like this

[video=youtube;4ccfxqCFiR4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccfxqCFiR4[/video]

Manu

Manu Seeking tenderness with a dagger

Don't forget that when that didn't work, Crazy Town did try to sound like LP:

[video=youtube;7WlstnPwZ9g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WlstnPwZ9g[/video]

CloserStep

CloserStep Ash to ashes, dust to dust

I love the way that they can vary their music so much, and still have a consistency and energy that is unique and connects with me in a way that no other band does. To be completely honest, if ATS was by an artist I didnt know, I probably would be quite unimpressed, but it has that LP energy that still resonates.

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It's not good but I've heard waaaaaaaay worse imitations

SuperDude526

SuperDude526 Well-Known Member

Besides, it sounds less like LP and more like the Trapt/Taproot/Evans Blue end of rap-rock/nu-metal.

lepetitpote

lepetitpote my presence is a present kiss my ass

1. Because Hybrid Theory and Meteora give me that energy and oomph that I used to (and still do) rock out to. Love both albums from start to finish. If you knew me well, you'd know that I'm usually a major headbanger and tend to jump to songs way too often. Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns, while both have their flaws, are still incredible albums but are missing the oomph that HT/M offered.
    2. Chester and Mike are incredible artists. Chester sure can scream miles better than all those crappy gothic bands that can't scream for shit. Aside from screaming, his voice is very clear and amazing. Such a talented person - and his appearance in Saw 3D was the highlight of that film. I have never been a major fan of rap, however Mike on the other hand is an extremely talented rapper as well as a singer. His rapping in Meteora sure sparked clearly. Every single song featuring his rapping was great, notably Hit the Floor. However, his vocals in In Between were great too, but I have to say I enjoy his rapping more.
    3. From the Inside. Love it.
    4. Meteora
    5. Basically everything everyone else has listed

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

For so many reasons.

They were the first band I really got into. Once I saw In The End's video, I was hooked. Mike's rapping wasn't all wannabe hardcore gangsta. It was straight to the point, in simple language, that you could clearly understand, in high energy. He was like the voice stirring within. Then there was Chester. Anger at it's peak. Full of unbridled rage in one moment, then so brittle in others (like in Crawling).

I still listen to Meteora and HT a lot. They were also the albums I used to get me and my mates up and psyched for a night out clubbin'. Fond memories.

From then on, I met my girlfriend, had a baby and really stepped into the adult world. Like so many on these forums, I've matured with LP. There is no band like them, nor will they ever let there be.

_cam_

_cam_ Well-Known Member

Because of Joe Hahn!!!!!!!!!!! Like OMG!!!!! <3<3<3<3<3<3