New LIVING THINGS Track Premiering 5.24.12 On BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadester

Shadester (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Can't wait to hear this live with an extended intro/outro.

2. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Goes to show that, as with any band, they can never please everyone. I'm seeing a lot of pro-A Thousand Suns comments right now, but when that album came out, there were a lot of negative comments (not saying from the same people, in fact I wasn't even on this site when A Thousand Suns came out, so I'm just speaking generally). There were a few songs I wasn't in love with right off the bat from A Thousand Suns, and I'm not in love with Lies Greed Misery, but it is growing on me the more I listen, just as several songs from A Thousand Suns did.

You guys sound like you might get more effect from songs like I'll be Gone, Roads Untraveled, Powerless, etc. based on their early reviews. And hey, I'm the same in that regard, I can't wait for those songs. Castle of Glass and Lost in the Echo also might appeal more to you guys. So don't worry and write off Living Things just yet.

3. This is much better than Burn it Down. And the instrumentation (the sounds) are unbelivable. It's very poppy-sounding and I'm sure it will be very popular.

However, it's too simple. It's unique, but it's short and repetitive. There's no interesting structure or anything that is so WOW-ish.
    Honestly, I don't think LT will beat ATS. I'm getting a bit worried. The two songs we know (BID and this) are basically OLD LP songs (BID being M2M era, LGM being from Meteora era) with a newer sound. The song structures are really dissapointing.

4. Kmid24

Kmid24 Well-Known Member

I liked(loved) BID more than LGM. LGM is really good, the rap verses are amazing! The chorus is definitely catchy but it's a little too repetitive and sounds like M.I.A. I love the lyrics but I still wish this sound wasn't so simple.

5. ernieball003

ernieball003 Well-Known Member

Is sounding like M.I.A suppose to be a bad thing?

I fucking hate impatience.

====
    I like the song. It's nothing overly spectacular, but I don't listen to Linkin Park to have my mind blown artistically.

It's another song that sounds like it'd be really fun live or otherwise.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  6. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I'm really not getting how the structure of Burn it Down is disappointing. It had a similar structure to songs from Hybrid Theory, let alone Minutes to Midnight two albums later. Smooth vocals in verses, upbeat chorus, rapping bridge, rapping-with-singing fadeout...Numb from Meteora had this, Pushing Me Away had this...songs on A Thousand Suns had a similar structure just mostly sans-rap, other than Waiting for the End, which again, same structure.

In what way are you worried A Thousand Suns will trump Living Things? For me, the best songs on A Thousand Suns were Burning in the Skies and Blackout (I liked many others but these two stood out) and I can see at least songs of equal quality if not better coming on Living Things. Which songs would you like to hear more of? Or sounds similar to?

7. underground260

underground260 Member

They might of spoiled you with ATS, but that is my least favorite album. The only time I listen to it is to go to bed, I'll take this style any day over ATS.

8. lilj4425

lilj4425 Well-Known Member

I like LGM mainly because it is hard and energetic which is what I like from LP more than the slower and softer stuff. However, I do wish it was longer in length though.

9. RoyHahn

RoyHahn Well-Known Member

I can totaly see myself screaming to LGM while driving to school in my car.

10. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

There is something wrong with you, if you think BID and LGM sound like old LP

11. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

My major complain with this song is the chorus and the instrmental tone. I get the innovative change from guitars to electro-"dub step" which I actually really liked during Mike's part, but damn, the song got ruined once Chester's chorus came in, way distorted vocals, the lyrics are screamed very odd and almost awkward, it just didn't mesh well with the tone of the song.

I'm sure it'll grow on me as all their songs two atleast since MTM, but the potential this song could've had... Why can't they do like a badass breakdown and extend the song, now that would've been awesome!

12. HypnoToad

HypnoToad Glory to the HypnoToad! LPA VIP

I like everything but the last 26 seconds. The screams are nice, but they sound out of place.

13. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I get what you're saying but....don't you think saying 'distorted vocals' based off a radio listen is a little premature? It may not change much, or at all, when you hear the album version, CD quality, but I think at least wait til then before you make the call on distortion...

14. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

CDQ would be the actual CD and it's lossless variant.
    What we are getting from Joe is a compressed variant of the CD version.

So if you hate "radiorips" and really want to enjoy the song , then wait till the album drops. This radiorip was pretty good, I doubt the quality will be of much difference in the mp3 Joe will provide.

15. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

The melody is just plain genius. The more I listen to it the more I like it.

16. jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Lmao how great did you expect the song writing to be if they name of it was Lies Greed Misery? :p

I just expected a rapping Given Up and that's pretty much what it is. Hollow in content but heavy.

17. deftonesfan867

deftonesfan867 976-EVIL

I love it. Short, but a lot of power. Kind of like a NHRA drag race.

18. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

I bet there's more to the song. I'll wait until the HQ rip.

19. cle127

cle127 Well-Known Member

It's just ok for me I guess. The song feels lazy and unfinished and seems like it only has mike shinoda's inputs when making the song. Mike's rap verses were good but the chorus not so. Chorus lyrics were bland and chester's vocals were thin and whinny along with the awful distorted effect. The screaming part sounds very mono and lacks punch for me but the screaming of the chorus at the end is pretty nice. It reminds me of my suffering by dead by sunrise. Overall an okay song I guess. Burn it down was better IMO.

20. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Yea exactly why I'm kind of shaking my head right now...do these people also dislike Given Up or Wretches & Kings? Very similar approaches in those songs...

Neither of those two songs are among my all-time LP faves, and neither will this be, but I do like it. The change of pace and infusion of high-energy stage-rocking tunes isn't a bad thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.