New LIVING THINGS Track Premiering 5.24.12 On BBC Radio 1

Discussion in 'News' started by Jeff, May 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

By the way, for anyone who doesn't have an iPad and is bummed they can't play Linkin Park GP...it's a little disappointing. I just downloaded and played it, it doesn't even sound like you're unlocking a remix of Burn it Down, it just sounds like the regular version. The game mechanics are bare basic too, and on top of that, they advertise it as a free game, but then make you buy Burn it Down from iTunes if you want the "full version" of this game, then say it's only 0.99, then you get there and it's 1.29...it's not the biggest deal, but I had personally already bought the song off of iTunes...but oh I guess I didn't have it on my brother's iPad...

Not a terrible experience, just not amazing either.

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012
  2. Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

The chorus will get me tired within 10 listens -in full quality-. Might be the same problem of BID, lacks of endurance. I was confident we were going to have the best album, now I'm worried (for what regards my taste). Instrumentally... too plain fucking simple. Nice bass but no variation, oh gosh...

3. Shadow

Shadow The Evil That Men Do.. LPA VIP

hmph. lackluster IMO..​

4. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

My thoughts exactly. I wasn't too disappointed with BID but Lies Greed Misery isn't too good at all. You can tell by listening to A Thousand Suns that there was tons of heart and effort put into it, which is why it came out over 3 years after MTM, but so far the 2 songs we've heard from LT it doesn't seem as if as much effort was put into it. Probably why it's coming out less than 2 years after ATS. C'mon LP, spend more time on the next album and make better songs! haha!

5. tfae

tfae The Graves Marker

Am I the only one who didn't like LIES GREED MISERY??? :dafuq:

6. mastae

mastae Some Honky

I think this is my issue with it.

7. alex172005

alex172005 Member

I don't think it'll have any more. They really would have absolutely no reason to shorten the song. Besides, these abrupt endings began on M2M. It's nothing new to LP.

The album is going to be short. Seeing as BURN IT DOWN is 3:51, and if I remember correctly the album is 36 minutes, this is about right. That would average each song to be about 3 minutes long, give or take on a few songs (like TINFOIL).

I don't see any reason to expect a single second more of the song.

8. nscoope

nscoope Well-Known Member

Haha nope! There's a few of us who aren't enjoying it too much.

9. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I'm not sure why people are seeming disappointed with Burn it Down...like I'm really not, and I usually am able to see things from almost every angle...

I can see why the mixed feelings with Lies Greed Misery. I'm liking it the more I listen, but my first reaction wasn't amazing. For a song with angry vocals, the instrumental tone is a little too upbeat, almost 'happy', plus the shortness of the song, the lack of variation in the instrumental work throughout the song...

But seriously, what's the beef with Burn it Down? I love it, and I like it more than Lies Greed Misery. Bottom line for me the streak continues, LP still hasn't made a bad song, it's awesome that I can say that unbiasedly. Lies Greed Misery's pros : Good vocals in the rap (and in the chorus, although I know I'll have disagreements on that), high energy, will be awesome at live shows. I had a similar reaction when I first heard Wretches and Kings, and this song is absolutely no worse, at all.

10. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I like this song more than BID (not that I dislike BID) but don't love it. It's energetic and I do like the beats but the lyrics are underwhelming to me. I guess I've grown out of the songs with anger directed at a nameless person. Looks like ATS will still be my favorite album by LP which is slightly disappointing since I thought LT would be their best after how they pushed themselves on ATS.

11. LPFreak64

LPFreak64 BACON!!!

I glad to see the haters finally come out. ;) Didn't care for BID that much, it was ok. LGM is just ridiculous on how catchy it is. Mike's rap is amazing and Chester's screams are brutal. It proves that you don't have to have a guitar to rock or be heavy. And this is coming from a guitarist...

12. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I know we've had abrupt endings to LP songs in the past, Valentine's Day and Waiting for the End come to mind, but we just heard them damn near cut off Chester's last vocal in the song...I doubt that's how it is on the album...Suffer all alone in the miseryyyy--*cut-off*

13. shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

LP spoiled all of us with A Thousand Suns. Living Things is not supposed to be a follow-up, nor a Hybrid Theory II, it's their, obviously, more simplistic record, but with a huge bang. Burn It Down and Lies Greed Misery are far from high quality songwriting, but I know I'm gonna listen to them over a 1000 times in one month.

They let their passion out, A Thousand Suns was art, Living Things is power. That's how I see it.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  14. TLC

TLC Well-Known Member

Great song, i love the electro stuff!

15. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I respectfully disagree. I deem Burn it Down to be high quality songwriting.

16. Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I agree 100% with what you said, that's totally what I think.

17. LPHybrid Soldier

LPHybrid Soldier Banned

I'm already tired of it after hearing it 5 times, it doesnt please me, the ending is dope, and mike's rapping is sick but thats it.
    The beginning of it sounds like what the hell from Avril Lavigne. I'm not gonna judge LT just yet, cause its only 2 songs, but
    it aint looking that good for LT.

Dear Linkin Park I fucking Love you but you fucking dissapoint me AGAIN!!!

18. Nutt

Nutt Member

I don't what all of you people were expecting but this is exactly what I expected/wanted from LT. Mike said in countless interviews that the album is gonna be fast, upbeat, electronic driven firecracker songs, and that's exactly what Lies Greed Misery is. I didn't like Burn It Down that much but LGM got hyped from the first listen and now after I looked at BID from a different perspective it's slowly starting to grow on me too. :)
    :headbang:

19. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

Song is kickass!!!!!! But yes, it will probably disappoint those who are looking for longer and more complex songs.

Personally, I'm fine with this. We did get complex things on ATS. Now I want in-your-face and original shit. This song was energetic, but still surprised me on how electro it is. My only concern about the song is its duration, which is 2:24...very very short. Other than that

IT'S AMAZING!

20. Snow

Snow Member

When are we gettin the CDQ of Lies Greed Misery?
    I fucking hate radiorips.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.