LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AkirraKrylon

AkirraKrylon LPA VIP LPA VIP

Idk how many times this needs to be said lol.

It's not the BID video!!!!

I am starting to think it will be a viddy of the making of the album, maybe 20-25 min long since we aren't getting a special edition with a DVD. It'll have insight on the making of LT and a bunch a small clips of many of the songs.

2. Qwerty19

Qwerty19 Well-Known Member

I don't know about the prize, but I feel like London clue could be the last one. Hunt ending just before the beginning of europe tour. It matchs perfectly to me.

3. Eventide

Eventide Banned

This. Plus we've had a ton of locations already. I think it's over after this.

4. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

Plus Mike said we were at the halfway point when we finished the fourth one. FULL ALBUM STREAM I'M CALLING IT BITCHES.

5. Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

I think the prize will be the song they are doing for the Mall film.

6. AndreyKamensky

AndreyKamensky hakuna matata

Sounds good actually. I hope you're right.
    Are they using a new song for the film?

7. TheJenk

TheJenk Banned

I reckon there'll be one more clue after London. I hope you're right though.

8. graveguard

graveguard Member

Seems like the whole LP world missed, that the whole Mall Soundtrack seems to be from Linkin Park...

9. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

Mike has said things like "huge payoff" regarding the hunt and its completion. For this reason I don't find a full album streaming to be enough, given that the full album will be in our ears in about a month anyway. I don't mean to sound like I expect something major or "need" it, I don't, but I'm inclined to believe "huge payoff" is going to really mean something. If I'm not mistaken he's talked like it's something that would blow our minds, that we're not even ready for, etc.

I think you're the closest among the comments on this board when suggesting a making of video. You're right, it doesn't look like there will be a deluxe version of this album with that DVD included like A Thousand Suns (though it still might be, we're not sure) and at least a 20-25 minute video would be a decent reward...but if I'm being honest, even that doesn't seem like 'enough', when it could be available on a DVD instead, or via LPTV episodes.

I'm sure I sound like I expect and almost demand a big reward, but I'll reiterate that's not the case. My expectations aren't high, I just predict something significant. And at the end of the day, I won't be disappointed if even that much doesn't hold true, because I thought the idea of the scavenger hunt was cool and I enjoyed being part of it.

10. gustina05

gustina05 Well-Known Member

wait! what film?

11. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Joe Hahn is directing an indie film called The Mall that will feature Linkin Park's music.
    It hasn't been disclosed whether the music will be from the new album, previous albums, or specially for the movie

12. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Really? Source?

13. Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

14. LPMeteorain

LPMeteorain Guest

I personally don't even want an album stream, because then the day the album releases it won't be as exciting, and it's the day before my birthday. Waiting is hard, but I still want to wait for the intended first day to listen. For A Thousand Suns' release, I purposely drove to a store further away from home to buy it, so I could have enough of a ride home to blare the full album with my car's awesome audio system, and I hope to do the same with Living Things.

As for the person who said they think the prize will be the song for 'The Mall'...hard to imagine that for a scavenger hunt in promotion of Living Things, the reward will have nothing to do with Living Things lol

15. gustina05

gustina05 Well-Known Member

ohhhh you're right, is just that I didnt know that is called The Mall ha xD sorry

16. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

So to sum up, the next clue is up on the 24th. The music video is out on the 24th. The Share2Earn song will be released on the 25th. And a concert will be streamed live on YouTube on the 26th. Am I missing anything?

17. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

You missed the fact that the Share2Earn song isn't being released on the 25th.

18. Nish

Nish Well-Known Member

I originally thought it was the 1st of June, but I could swear I read somewhere that the date was changed to the 25th. I'm probably just making shit up, never mind haha

19. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

What he means is, just because that's the cutoff date to qualify for the top 10,000, doesn't mean the song will actually be sent on that same day. It doesn't say anywhere when the song will actually be sent.

20. linkinparkluvr224

linkinparkluvr224 Well-Known Member

This is actually a really good idea. I wouldn't doubt it if this was the case, and I'm oh so totally okay with that.
    Except it won't be a *viddy*, necessarily, because viddy is only like 15 seconds long. So maybe a big .rar file with a few separate pieces.

Last edited: May 23, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.