LIVING THINGS Scavenger Hunt: Progress & Discussion

Discussion in 'News' started by Ree, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Stupid time difference and school means that im missing all of this. :(

2. Adiek84

Adiek84 Well-Known Member

THIS is the result of great marketing! We just know one song from the album, nothing else (I don't count the descriptions cause they might be misleading), but with such a huge marketing campaign, we automatically start to believe that the album will be the most epic thing ever created.
    The marketing strategy of this album cycle is so well thought through and very creative. The puzzles kept us engaged and excited us for the new record, the share to earn program will sell tons of records (just check Twitter, it's flooded with preorder links), and this scavenger hunt is the tip of the iceberg. Also, it was really smart to direct all the fans to LP.com for the album preorder. This way the band will make way more money than through itunes, amazon etc. Additionally, I bet the LPU gained a lot more members because of the ticket presale, the album preorder + membership bundle, and the intimate LPU shows in LA & Berlin.
    I guess since Adam is the marketing manager, I should say "Props to Adam!" :adam:

3. Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I know this campaign is fun and all, but I can't bear people saying it's creative when it's been done so many times before. See: Year Zero or any other ARG in existence.

4. lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

Same with me dude. :(

But you can't say it isn't creative.

5. Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

Maybe there are clues in these two news articles?

6. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

I hope that the 20-thousand population of my city and its decentralization doesn't affect them not to choose it.

Maybe yes, maybe no.

But I don't think. Otherwise, someone would have found something out there already.

7. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

The problem is, as Keaton properly pointed out on Facebook, this is not an ARG. ARG's involve alternate realities (ilovebees, yearzero, the dark knight arg) and this is just a huge scavenger hunt. Allan is the only "fake person" we've had, but we have a band member acknowledging the hunt's existence and telling us when we're right. In an ARG, that's not supposed to happen because it's an "alternate reality". It's supposed to be a "playable story" so to speak and meant to look real without any hint that it's just a "game". This has been made out to be a big game from the beginning so it's not an ARG. It's just an well crafted scavenger hunt.

8. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

Since we don't know how this is gonna continue I don't think it's fair to compare it to "any ARG in existence" and just state it's copied off. This sure is creative and very well made. In some way, almost any campaign has been there already. It's not the main way how this works but the details that make it special. Just saying.

Btw, has anyone noticed that Allan's twitter exists since April 2011? This might have been planned for a very long time 0.0

9. hybridsun00

hybridsun00 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Seriously all thats gonna be released is the Music Video............ nothing else. We will get snippets probably at of this month and a new track with PUZZLE #3 right before the new album release.

10. Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Mike said the prize for the Scavenger Hunt will NOT be the BID music video.

11. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

LIVING THINGS wasn't even finalized a year ago. They didn't even get the album title until 1-2 months ago. What's more likely is that Allan's twitter handle is an old twitter of an LP staffer that was never used, and they changed the screenname for this contest. You can change your screename on twitter, so for all we know it could even be Adam's old twitter. It could be anything. Sign up date means nothing :lol:.

12. hybridsun00

hybridsun00 LPA VIP LPA VIP

Well that is a relief, thank you for clarifying that. I would like to see the video no doubt, but a snippet of a new track would be epic.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

:ketchup:

14. Kaique Smart

Kaique Smart There's nothing to fear but fear itself

But We're going to get a new song at the end of this month. Aren't we ?

15. Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

We're probably getting an entire track out of this.

16. Flagrare

Flagrare 'Majestic Dick. Brazilian Snake Cock. And Cunts. LPA Super Member

According that theory, I think the map will be like that:
    Credits to: _Depression

View attachment 4503

The theory makes sense because, in that case, they will select one Country per Continent.

17. MaoChouChan

MaoChouChan Well-Known Member

I know one can change the screen name, but if you want a certain screen name for such a campaign, it makes sense to have it registered right away when you have the idea and not wait until someone else has already taken it. That's what I was referring to. You can't see if this account has been used before and you can't see whether it used to have a different screen name.
    The album itself has not even to do with planning a campaign, you can not even have started writing and already have an idea about what the marketing campaign shall look like.

18. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

@youbetterhearme "This newfound fame is going to my head, and I'm feeling a bit greedy. I'll probably be more willing to chat when I have 3000 followers."

19. Eliot227

Eliot227 Well-Known Member

We need to rally the troops!!! Make a twitter and follow @youbetterhearme!!!!!

20. Dekar

Dekar swimmingsmoke LPA VIP

Allan tweeted.
    Edit: Too slow :rasberry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.