Why doesnt Linkin Park have guitar solos?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Pakistani Metal Head, Dec 26, 2003.

corrupted_authority

corrupted_authority Banned

linkin park breaking up ! hell no

Pakistani Metal Head

Pakistani Metal Head Member

Havn't you people heard Metallica's songs? Have u heard Master of Puppets/Nothing Else Matters by Metallica? These songs contain two of the best solos in music history. Ever heard of Iced Earth?

If a band uses guitar solos, there songs wont bore you out, master of puppets was released 17 years ago, ppl listen to the song/album as they heard 17 years ago, nothing else matters was released 11 years ago, but I still listen to it like its a new song. Temme do u listen to Hybrid Theory nowadays? Got bored of it didnt you?its the same with all nu-metal songs, u get bored of 'em. I think [LP] doesnt have the talent to play solos.

Pakistani Metal Head

Pakistani Metal Head Member

do u know that 4181100+ metalheads around the world will celebrate the day?

User Name

User Name Angry Marines. Always angry, all the time. >:C LPA Super Member

Metalhead, try to keep all of your thoughts in one post, and also avoid double posting. Gracias.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

do u know that 4181100+ metalheads around the world will celebrate the day? [/b][/quote]
    Ok you must know thats a very dumb thing to say on a LINKIN PARK message board....

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

I still listen to it :angry: . LP are full of talent they just decide not to use solos. I can't really imagine LP doing a guitar solo either :wth: . It would just be too weird and i think it would bore me because i'm used to what they do now. If they changed too much i dunno how i would feel about them. I know it may seem all old to you and you want them to change more with the times but they are fine as they are IMO :)

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

Im positive it's safe to say he doesn't like Linkin Park anymore.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

I don't really like Linkin Park anymore, I just stick around the forums for the posters.

I want to agree with the metalhead who started this, but I'll get banned for voicing my opinion on Linkin Park. Since it's negative and all.

So, I'll just mosey on down to the 'Other Bands' forum and make myself at home there. :mellow:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

:mellow: What the hell......?

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

You can express yourself as long as it's not purely bashing the band ;) .

$pvcxGhxztCasey

In that case,..

okay, I used to like Linkin Park. Hell, I used to love the Linkin Park. I spent my birthday money on Linkin Park Merch., and the LPU. But I've started to get out of Linkin Park, and I've realized some things..

1) Some of the posters on here are annoying. Most everyone on here says something like, "oh my god Linkin Park is never going to break up!1!11! best band in the world!!11" or something. It's annoying. They WILL break up, and they AREN'T the best band in the world. I don't care if it is your opinion, that's just dumb.

2) About the talent thing..Chester can go places, and so can Mike and Phoenix, but the rest of the band will just suffer if and when they break up. Linkin Park is only popular because nu-metal is still popular. Look at Limpbizkit, why do you think they're still on TV? Because Fred Durst sings about universal topics? No, because they attract little teenagers that don't know #### about music.

3) I love teh Chester. He's being held down in Linkin Park, imo. You know he can do the hardcore metal singing, but Warner Brothers are dicks. So..

Yea, I went off-topic. So what? :p

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Wait, Pakistani Metal Head... It seems you don't like Linkin Park's music... so... why did you make a post in the Around the World forum saying Linkin Park should go to Pakistan...? :huh:

Anyways. Linkin Park do need to boost their music. That's probably one of the reasons metal heads begin hating the band. Some of LP's song show growth, where you can tell the others that they played it safe. The band has the skills, but something must be restricting them to being able to put those skills to new limits.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

I heard the six minute version of Somewhere I Belong awhile before Meteora was released, and it was better than most Linkin Park songs.

All Linkin Park needs to do to get the metalheads back is get angrier, stop with the ballads (ie: Numb, From The Inside, Crawling), and drop Joe.

They don't need like 80s Metallica guitar solos, but a little solo here and there wouldn't hurt anyone, now would it?

..and Chester needs to ditch the bald head and get the 'Papercut' era hair. Same for Mike. ;)

Logan

Logan Well-Known Member

and where did you here this?

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

and where did you here this? [/b][/quote]
    That's what I want to know. I've never even heard of it.

And Casey, without Joe, Linkin Park would not be Linkin Park. Plus, Joe creates almost all the sampled sounds (not the scratching) on the songs, Mike just helps. It wouldn't be the same.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

The six-minute version probably wasn't LP, but it sounded ALOT like them.

And that's what I'm saying Will. LP needs a really big change to get more fans. Right now, alot of the Meteora songs sound alike.

They can't keep using the same formula for success everytime they enter the stuido. Sooner or later, they'll have to change something. Here's to them changing the length of their songs.

7 minute LP song > *

Methybrea

Methybrea Well-Known Member

DITTO.....

They need to expand musically and their sound must evolve to keep them credible. Not that LP's bad but.....

HERE'S What I would do:
    I think Brad Delson has little talent/creativity and they should get a new guitarist that more explorative with his ideas. Phoenix hides behind the production on most songs so I would replace him too. They should have Joe focus in on having samples that change with the song, giving him a more upfront role: do more scratch solos! Get Mike to write like he did in his Xero days, and hopefully they can improve their song lengths. Their formulaic songwriting reveals that they may be weak musicians, however good they are good at performing: if they are weak musicians, why are they so popular? This is the thing that irks me. Not that I wish LP for no success. Just saying that they are more popular than they should be....

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

I wouldn't say a seven minute song. Linkin Park are not Tool (I love Tool, by the way). The difference is that Linkin Park tries to keep the hype alive. I've never seen Tool live, but with the length of their songs, and the way their songs work, it doesn't move like LP does. Linkin Park doesn't need long ass tracks to be greater, nor do they need to remove and of their band members. Each band member contributes to the band in their own way to create every element LP has been represented with. The hip hop and rock fusion IS what they are. They're part hip hop, part metal, and the band shouldn't side on one side.

Along with guitar solos, how about some more acapella from Mike? That'd rule just as much, seeing how great Mike can rap. There needs to be songs that surpass a four minute mark every now and then, but when you think about it, the longer the track, more the elements need to balance. The makeup for LP's fans are from the rap side AND the rock side. If you have too much rock, the rap fans hate it. Too much rap, and the rock fans hate it. This is probably why the songs come as they are, but I'm sure in the future, the band will figure out how to balance them. I'm saying, you cannot expect the band to do more of one, like guitar solos. I'm sure sometimes Mike feels out of place. He was a pure hip hop artist in the days of Xero, and over the time, he's become more of a rocker. Nonetheless, if you've heard the live version of It's Going Down at the KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas, he's incorporated the hip hop background to keep the hype of the crowd up. Now that was a perfect mix, even though the style was rap. If Linkin Park chooses to go to great heights in the rock genre, they should know they will have to in the rap as well. Failing to keep these two really brings things down.

Overall, it'd be great to see longer, heavier, metally songs, but you can't forget about the other elements. You have to remember that there are is the turntablist, and a rapper in the group. Chester has talent, and so do the rest. If one member steps above the rest, that could break the band up sooner and well, we don't need that. We hope that the band stays together as long as possible, so singling out and encouraging these solo is not needed.

edit: But whatever, I'd rather not bicker about this. It's really just lame for me to do this :mellow:.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

Odaton... Everyone in the band is extremely talented, but they're just afraid that, if they explore their talents more, they'll alientate all their fans. It would be like if Tool or Dream Theater suddenly went mainstream and started making regular 2-3 minute songs. LP is afraid to expand their horizons. But even Mike said that Meteora wasn't that great of an album and that it sounded way too much like Hybrid Theory. So you know that they know they're falling behind a bit.

$pvcxGhxztCasey

Tool, technically, has gone mainstream and done 2 or 3 minute songs.

see: Pefect Circle, A; Puscifer