30 Second Preview of BURN IT DOWN Released By Sonic 102.9

Discussion in 'News' started by Zane, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOrganization

TheOrganization Member

ya me too!

2. lpgabriel

lpgabriel Wasn't that fun? Let's try something else!

I think I've never listened to the same 30 seconds that many times in my life...

3. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Listening through headphones makes it better. It let me hear the voices under the start the verse :D Which makes it twice as amazing!

4. tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

ya me 2. hurry up Mondayz. prz.. - Scruffy Dog

5. shinformant

shinformant Banned

Can we just get all of these people together in the same location and raze it already? Linkin Park have *ALWAYS* made what is essentially pop music with bells and whistles and continue to. Shut up.

That said, I don't find the clip very promising.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  6. weshahn

weshahn http://twitter.com/wes2_

linkin pop

7. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

Very poppy, very radio-friendly, amazing song for concerts. I think Mikes rapping is going to make it a lot more interesting. Nothing special so far, but I like it anyway.

8. lparker55

lparker55 Well-Known Member

Again, not to get on this pop music rant, in your way of thinking, than classify Pantera as pop then too, because they've made "pop" popular music, recognizable guitar driven songs, catchy choruses... I'm sorry, there is something different from "The Script" to "Pantera"... or "Justin Beiber" to "Shinedown".

The electronics combined with the synth beats used in this specific snippet, make the sound sound poppish...Honestly, it ticks me off to no end when people say "LP's always made pop music", yes, they've always sounded like Justin Beiber, your exactly right...

9. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

i dont care if its even a pop song. as long as they sound cool, im cool.

10. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

You say that and live in england? NOONE i know where i live will listen to linkin park if they like pop, but Linkin Park is too "heavy" and "not mainstream". go to any concert which has an average mainstream artist and try to find someone who loves linkin park. they don't make stuff or do stuff like the rest of the charts do. Its not abstract and removed from current music, but its not exactly the same as everything else, or anything else for that matter on mainstream radios

11. lparker55

THIS! Again, not to get on this pop music rant, in your way of thinking, than classify Pantera as pop then too, because they've made "pop" popular music, recognizable guitar driven songs, catchy choruses... I'm sorry, there is something different from "The Script" to "Pantera"... or "Justin Beiber" to "Shinedown".

The electronics combined with the synth beats used in this specific snippet, make the sound sound poppish...Honestly, it ticks me off to no end when people say "LP's always made pop music", yes, they've always sounded like Justin Beiber, your exactly right...

12. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Yes, those acts are different from one another ... but they do all create pop music, something they all have in common. ;)

13. The Prisoner

The Prisoner ...O...

The whole genre debate about LP is very paradigmatic. People are throwing around with genre concepts.Ever heard of the concept of an empty signifier?

14. Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

It's a shame Linkin Park have some of the most arrogant fans in the world.

15. Anne

Anne married to the ocean LPA VIP

This, this, this.

16. lparker55

I know, your right, but I'm really getting sick of hearing this pop music talk... I will listen LP as long as I live, and will always love any music they put out. But with being said, it doesn't mean that I can't point out a difference between what is heard here, pop-electro and a more rock driven song... Either I am really having a hard time relating this, to me, it sounds poppy, and that's ok, I was just hoping to have something more heavier

17. Bottero

Bottero Somewhere I Belong...

Hey guys, is this what music now days is about? Putting it into a box, a genre?

To me music was always about a feeling you get by listening to it, i didn't care which genre it was.

You just had to feel the music, experience it...

And don't forget we're all LP fans here, they brought us together on this place at this moment.
    Without them we wouldn't be even here talking about it.

18. Since we're calling Linkin Park a pop band, we might as well call The Beatles dubstep.

19. Arjun

Arjun Comin' at you from every side!!!!

haha

20. SKaRR*oKi

SKaRR*oKi Everything.Falls.Apart

nah i am too, i like some music in the charts, i don't care if it sounds like pop, my concern is if they are trying to make it sound like pop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.