LPA Monthly Mix-Up March: Hip-Hop

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Thanks everybody! I'm gonna finish it in the next few days

Yeah, I beatboxed but wasn't sure if anyone would be able to tell.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Wow, happened to find myself in this thread, and I listened to the entries. I like most of them.

I think the best might be DirtyBlup's Wretches & Kings remix. LinkinPark0394's is really good too. Prototype's High Voltage remix is definitely the most old school sounding.

MajiksMonster's Enth E Nd (Purgatory Mix) might actually be my most favorite, but I feel like it'd be better suited for an industrial remix contest as opposed to a hip-hop one. Still love it.

And also, Rocky, your remixes make me happy. :awesome: I still have your LOADEDGUNBITCH Catalyst remix in my iTunes.

roBot

roBot Well-Known Member

Finally I posted mine on soundcloud... took me a while but after I listend to the amazing stuff of you other guys I got it...
    Like every month the other entrys are great...
    Really cool how LPA animates so much people to do this :D

so here it is:
    http://soundcloud.com/i-am-robot/poa-hip-hop-heads-remix

>> BIG UP to my mate Henry - his guitar-playing abilities helped me alot... :D

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
    Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Yesterday I made a Wretches And Kings remix. I'm not really sure if it's fitting for this month's theme but I'm actually thinking of choosing this as my entry over the other one. In the description of the video, you can see what songs I used for this remix. Anyways, here it is:

[video=youtube;62kmG0wH30Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62kmG0wH30Q&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I'll put the final version of my other one here when it's uploaded.

EDIT:

[video=youtube;P6uJGLdJe5I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6uJGLdJe5I&feature=youtu.be[/video]

I added a background melody (because I thought that was lacking) and I made a different beat. It's slightly different from the previous version.

I renamed it to Revision. The "Re" in Revision is a wink to "Remember The Name". The title also shows that this isn't the first version. In fact, this one is actually the final version of a revision of what it once was (the very first remix I posted), catch my drift? Revision also fits the song because it's a remix, in other words, a revision of the original. And last but not least, after a blackout, you have this moment where you can see things clear again (= Revision).

EDIT2: Forget what I said abot changing entries. I put a lot more work in the Blackout remix and because of that, it's a better entry than the W&K remix. That one is also too much like the original song. So, theBlackout remix is my entry for this month.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
    PyrocityStudios

PyrocityStudios X-Ecutioner Style

Wow I didn't even look at these until now...
    They're sounding pretty good though.
    I'm thinking about making a Papercut remix if I can finish in time.

Rahat

Rahat Nyeh LPA VIP

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

3 more days guys.

Vdalem

Vdalem Purrfect! LPA Super VIP

*shakes Derek's arm* But I want it now!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I have an ear for details ;)

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

thats exactly what I thought lol.

MajiksMonster

MajiksMonster Producer/Musician

Hey, thanks. I'm glad you like it. You're right though, it doesn't fit well into the category, I suppose. I didn't actually make it for the contest in the first place. I made it for fun and my friends suggested I enter it. But, win or lose, I had fun, so no worries.^^

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

DirtyBlup

DirtyBlup Well-Known Member

i love "in pieces" and the idea of your remix is great!

m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Hello all. It’s been a few weeks since I was last on this thread, but I’m really enjoying the stuff that’s been posted since then. Awesome stuff! If you could all just keep providing me with a monthly dose of cool stuff for my iPod, that’d be great thanks. ;)

In creating my track, I was inspired by various hip hop tracks in which numerous rappers come together to collaborate. Examples would be: DJ Premier - Classic, Busta Rhymes - Touch It (Remix), Tinchy Stryder - Game Over, and also “cyphers”, where rappers get together to freestyle rap. I wanted to to make a track as if Linkin Park were hosting one of these rapathons. Who would I like to see on the track, and what would they rap?

The end result is a rather lengthy, rap monstrosity, which I had a LOT of fun making. I’m not even 100% sure whether this adheres to what the judges are looking for, but that’s for them to decide! This is my Mix Up entry, but for anyone who enjoys the track but finds it a bit too long winded, you’ll find an additional short edit on my Soundcloud page.

So here it is, Linkin Park’s imaginary rap cypher. It’s a bit of a fun experiment, see what you think :)

http://soundcloud.com/m_macdonald/lpassociation-com-monthly-1

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

I'm planning to upload something.. Its a mash-up of "In The End" and "The Catalyst".. ;) I hope I manage to complete it on time.
    Btw, being an amateur musician myself, I love this concept. :) I can say with certainty that I'll be taking part in all the months from now on.. :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    shwcobb

shwcobb 持ち上げて 解き放して

I am not even joking when I say that I would expect this level of skill from Shinoda himself. Masterfully edited, fantastic background beat(s), phenomenal synergy. You got yourself a fan, sir; thanks for making my iPod a better place.

RapidGunner

RapidGunner The Catalyst

:headbang: This. Is. Awesome.

EDIT :- I may be a little more late in my submission.. Do i have to post it BEFORE April 1 or can i submit it on April 1 too?
    EDIT 2 :- Nevermind.. I'll go for it next month.. :) Hip-hop's never really my cup of tea anyways.. :) Anyways, amazing job by the contributors till now! :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    gamersath

gamersath Member

20. m_macdonald

m_macdonald Well-Known Member

Thanks friend, that's a really cool thing for you to say, I appreciate it!

Thanks a lot! Hope to see you in a future Mix Up contest. I can tell you, the contests are a lot of fun to be involved in.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.