LPA Holiday Giveaway - One Step Closer European Promo (PRO-2306)

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Creep

Creep Well-Known Member

The first time I heard Hybrid Theory was when my best friend came to my house and brought over a burnt disc labelled "Hybrid Theteora". It had both Hybrid Theory and Meteora on there. It didn't take long before I started listening to the disc every single time I did a workout :p I obviously own the discs now!

dream reality syndrome

dream reality syndrome Member

O man, I discovered LP so late
    I was in 8th grade back in 2001, and I first heard In The End on the radio at my best friend's house. I was discovering music for the first time and I fell hard for that song!
    Later that week I asked a friend from school to record a copy of Hybrid Theory to a cassette so that I could listen to it on my Aiwa tape player! (I was too poor for a CD player haha)
    I'd listen to that tape front n back everyday! and I had to listen to it in secret cuz my parents were real conservative at the time and wouldn't allow yelling music in the house. But LP was so worth it!!

hybrid.theory7

hybrid.theory7 Well-Known Member

It was 2005,I was in the 6th grade.some kids in school were talking about a band called Lincoln park(that's how I heard it),they told me to check out paperhcut and in the end,I came home and downloaded two songs using a peer to peer network,I didnt like the songs(because they were fake tribal ink songs),later that year youtube was born and I was watching some fan made dbz videos and heard the actual in the end and came to know that the band's name was linkin park.I became a hardcore Linkin park fan and a die-hard nu metal fan I realized that hybrid theory was my life .

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

I found out about Hybrid Theory during 2004 in Chicago while I was visiting my close cousins, knowing full well about a band I just learned called Linkin Park. They allowed me to keep it, but then I forgot it at their house, so I never got it. x) Then it was this year that I fully listened to a hard-copy version of Hybrid Theory (although I listened to every song over the years). Loved it all. :)

shanky shank

shanky shank Member

bought album from store :) and got crazy about Linkin Park :)

Mindfreak191

Mindfreak191 Member

I was in Germany sitting in my living room watching tv when I first heard/saw the video for In The End....after that everything changed :)

MajiksMonster

MajiksMonster Producer/Musician

I'm a huge video game nerd. If I'm not making music, I'm playing some vids. The first time I heard Linkin Park, I was playing Final Fantasy III on SNES. My radio distracted me by saying something like 'And now, here's the debut single from a new band called Linkin Park.' It was One Step Closer and it was beautiful. Yeah I know. Super Nintendo was old school, even for Y2K, lmao. We never had much money when I growing up. 10 years later and I still haven't seen them live. But, I'll remember that moment forever.

btw, good luck to everyone.

CCtjehh

CCtjehh Because we love them

Well I've must have heard the songs for the first time on the radio. I was 10 and didn't really listen to anything else but the radio at that point, and there were three songs that I absolutely loved: Nelly Furtado - Say it Right (which I discovered the name of pretty quickly because I saw the song on MTV) and there were two other songs I really liked and sometimes heard, In The End and Numb/Encore. At that point I didn't know from whom they were nor that they were made by the SAME artist! well at some point the DJ (and believe me I was fucking happy that day! xD) told the listeners that it was In The End by Linkin Park and so I of course searched fro the song on the interwebz so I wouldn't forget it ;3

I found out that both songs were from the same artist and I remember being totally flabbergasted by it (oh I love that word! xD) and so I started listening to more Linkin Park songs and there was not one single song that I disliked and yes that was totally new to me too. Usually there were just a few songs per artist that I liked, that's probably the reason why I only listened to the radio anyways.

To say that Linkin Park changed my life is an understatement I think. It's because of LP that I started listening to bands and lost my interest in top 40 music and radio and it's the first band I was fan of and still am. I guess the first time I listened to HT in total was when I bought the CD 5 years ago or something.

Yaseen Alam

Yaseen Alam Well-Known Member

My brother put "In The End" on my iPod. Then the next day, when I was walking outside, I thought I'd listen to it. I'd just bought new pants too!!!!!!!!

Cosmo

Cosmo Member

When we moved house and I discovered music channels, the first song I ever heard was numb and the first album Meteora. I told my friends at school about Linkin Park and one of them lent me Hybrid Theory so I went up into my loft where the CD/tape player was and blasted it out of my mums stereo set whilst at the same time recording it onto a tape so I could play it in my mums car and listen to it everywhere I went. I was hooked on Linkin Park long before I heard Hybrid Theory but that just fuelled my love of the band, and they still continue to wow me to this day...True Story Folks! :)

DarrenLP

DarrenLP You're Guilty All The Same

The first time I heard it was in my dad's car, I believe. He got the CD free from working at a CD wear house and It's been my favorite album since then.

Radden

Radden New Member

The first time that I ever heard Hybrid Theory was many years later at home (I think April or May 2011...), when my father said to me if I want to listen an album from Linkin Park and I ask him: "who are them?" and he told me that are a new american band from california....I take his Hybrid Theory CD, I listen it and I think "It's very awesome!" :D

KYLE!

KYLE! If i'm not back in 5 minutes ... Just wait longer.

The first time I heard the Hybrid Theory album was when my sister got the CD in early 2001. I was just 11 years old than but I was hooked. Some of the best memories I have with my sister were of us hanging out and listening to music like LINKIN PARK. Needless to say, She gave me my very first LINKIN PARK CD and I've been addictively listening to their music ever since.

Janmeeba

Janmeeba New Member

I probably haven't even seen Hybrid Theory album in real life(i thought it was a song o_O), but here in my home, i have listened to songs that it has via the official Linkin Park App on my iPod Touch(i'm using it to write this too:awesome:). :)

hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

This reeled in some newbies like a "chip at the beach". Welcome y'all.

mizerable

mizerable New Member

I was home in the kitchen and i had the tv on mtv and one step closer came on and i was instantly drawn like a moth to a flame...the next day i went out and bought the album :D

Jake

Jake Give me reason

It was a lousy evening when one of my friends brought over In The End and I was dazzled. Got myself HT and Meteora and became an instant fan for life!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Contest now closed. Winner will be picked at random and announced tonight.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.