Linkin Park dominate official UK Rock Charts

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by PaulGardinerLP, Jul 18, 2011.

PaulGardinerLP

PaulGardinerLP Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I just thought this may interest some of you. Linkin Park dominate the official UK Rock Charts top 40 (singles) with 5 entries in the top 10:-

#2 Rolling in the Deep
    #5 Iridescent
    #6 What I've Done
    #8 Numb
    and
    #10 New Divide

With Crawling and Bleed it Out at #27 and #40

I also had a look at the official Album Charts and the band has 5 entries in the top 40:-

#4 A Thousand Suns
    #7 Hybrid Theory
    #18 iTunes Festival EP
    #19 Minutes To Midnight
    and
    #28 Meteora

As a UK citizen it's pleasing to see that ATS is still going strong in the charts. It is also impressive to see HT still selling strong even after 425 weeks* in the chart. Only Metallica's "Metallica" has been in the charts for longer (519 weeks*) and is positioned at #8, one place below HT.

*I can only assume that time periods are from when the album/single last entered the top 40 as Crawling has been in the singles top 40 for 2 weeks. So with that in mind, HT has not dropped out the top 40 for 425 weeks! That's approximately 8 years!

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rocksingles

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

This is :awesome:

Still havent heard them on the radio since The Catalyst was released.

PaulGardinerLP

I don't ever listen to the radio, but a mate of mine does a lot of driving on his job and he says that they get played now and again. Mainly on Radio 1.

I am surprised there hasn't been more replies to this post!

Mr. Vahn

Mr. Vahn *Cat Scratching On A Fence*

Didn't see it until now, I'm really glad for them, they deserve it. 8 years is a looooooong time lol :awesome:

PaulGardinerLP

Sure is!

I remember looking at the same charts about this time last year building up to the release of ATS. The album chart was similar, with all LP albums in the top 40, only reanimation was there too!

It amazes me how so many people put down Linkin Park's new sound/direction yet the band still dominate the rock charts! (at least they are in the UK anyway!)

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Who on this planet is still buying Numb? :lol: Whether you dislike it or not, it doesn't make much sense. You'd think everyone would have that song (or perhaps rather, had) by now.

Jeff

Jeff WORSHIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'm sure a lot of what goes towards it's chart position is radio play too. :thumbsup:

PaulGardinerLP

I would imagine fans old and new who have either lost their CD's and fans who bought new PC's and not transferred their music across could be downloading it. It is one of LP's most popular songs in the UK. Also any new fans off the release of ATS may be experimenting with older stuff recommended by friends.

As far as I know the UK charts go only by off the shelf sales and internet downloads. But don't quote me on that lol!

SilverLP

SilverLP New Member

That's 'cos Linkin Park is real rock music, full of emotion and passion, and they're one of very few bands around that still care about their fans. Black Veil Brides, My Chemical Romance and other over-commercialized glam rock artists won't ever be that popular, and I doubt they care for their fans as much as they say they do. I doubt the fans would be as passionate and as loyal as the LP Street Soldiers too.