Not Enough Grammy Nominations?

Discussion in 'News' started by Mark, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

Linkin Park vocalist Chester Bennington feels insulted about the number of nominations the band received for this years Grammys. Chester complained to Yahoo Launch Radio Networks about the academy's lack of recognition for the band in the aftermath of the Grammy nomination announcements. Two years ago the band was nominated for three prestigious awards, including "Best New Artist" and "Best Rock Album" for "Hybrid Theory", and they went on to win under the category of "Best Hard Rock Performance" for "Crawling".

A full statement from Bennington reads:
    "I personally feel that this record is better than 'Hybrid Theory'. I think there are certain songs that definitely exceed the quality of even 'Crawling'. And to not even be nominated for a track that was an album track - I mean it was an instrumental, like an interlude — personally, I'm kind of insulted. I think I'd rather be not nominated for anything than to be nominated for a track that's not even a band track. I definitely was thrown off a little bit, but who cares, really..."

Linkin Park are nominated for "Best Rock Instrumental Performance" for their instrumental "Session" from "Meteora".

Source: Antimusic.com

Toast

Toast Ambient

Wow, they won nothing :eek: :wth: :( :'(

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

*looks for a synonym for greedy that rhymes with molester*
    :p j/k.

edit:
    the awards havent been given out yet. just nominations

Anya

Anya Lost LPA Super VIP

At first I was gonna say, Chester sounded kind of whiney...but when you look at what they were nominated for...I definently see his point... :mellow:

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I agree with Chester, cause in the end, it dosent even materrr. its just an award u put on a shelf. but, in the public eye, it is good t be nominated for something. personally i dont care for grammys because its the listening public that should decide who wins what, hell were buyin the music. just like the electoral college... but thats a whole nother subject.

Ander

lol.
    <!--QuoteBegin--bigjae
    @Dec 10 2003, 06:36 PM
    personally i dont care for grammys because its the listening public that should decide who wins what, hell were buyin the music. just like the electoral college... but thats a whole nother subject.[/quote]
    :rolleyes:
    :lol:

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

I'm glad Chester spoke up and said how he truly felt. Mad respect for him. I also agree with what he said.

dsklaimer

dsklaimer New Member

DAMN STRAIGHT! i know that it does sound whiney and all but i don't think that LP recieves the recognition that they deserve. I know many more people that don't like them and they are mainly ingorant cuz they are like "well they just think there all innovative being rock and rap but there not" but people don't understand that they aren't saying that they are. I think if a band does get recognized by an award then they may become more widely understood.

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

i can see why chester was the one 2 complain since he had no input on that instrumental.

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

totally agree here... they have done so much, and they haven't been nominated for crap. the academy that makes the nominations are just a bunch of old farts that don't understand that pop and old people music aren't the only things out there...

x__x

x__x Well-Known Member

exactly... chester should be ashamed... :(

Ander

old people music, that's new to me. is linkin park little kid music then?

Leslie

Leslie huh? LPA Super Member

old people music, that's new to me. is linkin park little kid music then? [/b][/quote]
    uhh... no, i just meant... uhhh.. i don't know what i meant, i was just saying stuff. DAMN IT... you got me there! :lol:

Nina_LP_05

Nina_LP_05 Member

YEAH! meteora is a great album personally i think it should have been nominated for album of the year. or something for a song, anyway i so agree with chesters statement :chaz:

hope they win the one their nominated for :wth:

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Even though Chester was mad dont you think he should of still been happy for Joes song being nominated?

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

That's what I was thinking. It was like he was ragging on the nominations because he had no input on the song.

Anyways, I think "Meteora" is a great album, but it doesn't surpass the greatness of "Hybrid Theory". It's certainly better than most of the other albums in the "Best Rock Album" category, though. I also think "Faint" should've been nominated for "Best Hard Rock Performance" or "Best Rock Song" but I don't get to choose, do I? :lol:

tkd_rap

tkd_rap Banned

he should be happy for Joe yes, and I am kind of taken back by his bold statement, I am not saying I don’t agree, I do, they were robbed, but I don’t think he chose his words in the best way...first off he is not talking about the band, just himself, and he says, "I think its a better album than hybrid theory" lots of people could tare his statement up right there...but I do agree once again, they were left out when you look at evanescence, 6 nominations

puddle_of blood

puddle_of blood Member

I think 50 cent's music is garbage. Ok, irrelevant to this topic, but isn't he hogging up all the awards this years? :angry:

Ander

no it's evanescence. you know those old guys aren't going to give 50 cent anything ;)

RX8LP

RX8LP Well-Known Member

wow...thas the best sig ive ever seen..Mcnasty

nice 2 see u got a bit of variety in ure sig...not just Linkin park and other rock bands

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.