Linkin Park: "Our Next Album Will Polarize People"

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

I pretty much said this to someone earlier today while arguing about "A Thousand Suns". :)

Yeah, that sounds so bitter, so, right away, he stresses that it's not meant to sound that way. ;D

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Damn! I'm off for a few hours and this news drops! :lol:

I was a tad bit surprised with the "polarize" comment. I thought MTM and ATS were polarizing enough and from then on it'd be a natural progression. But it's interesting to see that they are keen on switching things up.

Edit:

Not to sure about the lyrical side of things. I thought they got the political content out of their system with MTM and ATS. I'd rather see them write more moody songs.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    minuteforce

Yeah, I'm the same about this. :"

Dara

Dara Well-Known Member

I don't like this "Polarising & Surprising" comments. Because everytime they said that the Music was only strange and boring not beautiful. My favorite "not noisy" LP song is "She Couldn't". I hope they go in that direction if they want to make calm songs, because it keeps the originality of the band; The true spirit of LP. I don't like the political lyrics either, I think politics is a boring and very dark world. We hear a lot of it in the news and it's enough. Hope there will not be more speaches in the songs.
    I like the original LP; songs that cannot be heard anywhere but from Linkin Park.

Richoguy13

Richoguy13 Then it slipped away...

Well they did say controversial topics, I wonder if 'Schmoo-Schmortions' are one of them, that'd be the most polarising topic...

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Please tell the MTW producers that Chris Addison should replace Russell Howard permanently. I don't mind Howard but Addison is far funnier imo.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

:lol: Nice.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Chester wasn't intending to be bitter. He's basically just trying to give credit where credit is due. In his mind Mike is responsible for the entire idea of LP (which is factually true as it was Mike who founded Xero which lead to LP), and as evidenced prior...Mike is a huge creative driving force in the band.

I really don't think there will be anymore of the "oh this doesn't fit, so we can't put it on the record" mentality anymore though. I think that's why Mike is reluctant to talk about a 2nd Fort Minor record, and why Chester hasn't made a second DBS record yet. There's no longer that "wall" that used to be there with their sound. They can now make an album with 15 songs that are all completely different from each other (and what is expected of them) and nobody would find it surprising, because the band of 2000-2006 is no longer THAT band. And thank god for that too. 35 and still singing about angst? No thanks.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

:lol:! No way, I love Russell Howard.

The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

The "original" songs could be heard from Breaking Benjamin or Taproot. HT and Met didn't sound too different than the safe-but-popular-rock almost every other rock band could make. Do you want to tell me Don't Stay is more unconventional than When They Come For Me?? And that so-simple-anyone-can-relate-to-it lyrics are not boring either?? :lol:

minuteforce

It amazes me when I come across people who totally cannot comprehend the idea of a band changing up their sound. ;"

And,
    Too true. I, for one, couldn't be more thankful for that. :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
    The Fortunate One

The Fortunate One Well-Known Member

People usually liken bands to robots at assembly lines forgetting they are people who can change their music taste and lifestyle like any normal person out there.

minuteforce

Moreover, these people don't get the idea of a band making music for reasons other than to make money; these are the people who accuse LP of "selling out" because they've abandoned a multi-platinum, award-winning formula and made albums that would ... sell less? :"

MKH

MKH Bat of Gotham LPA Super VIP

Ditto x1000. I'm not wetting my pants over this for another year and a half, at least.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I don't know why people want LP to always be original.. Yesterday by The Beatles is so unoriginal but still one of the best songs ever written.

Formulas are good if you're talented enough to use them the right way. I think they succeeded with that with HT, those 12 songs maybe weren't too original, but they were miles ahead of any other song made with the same rock/rap formula.

Gloomy Mushroom

Gloomy Mushroom Absolute Zero LPA Super VIP

I wonder if they are going to use Polariod Cameras or the Polariod effect in the album art in this one? Just a thought.

gaganLP

gaganLP Where the Sun Sets Twice

omg thats awesome :ohno:

minuteforce

It's more the band that says they want to sound original. They've written songs such as "Shadow Of The Day" to that end. ;)

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

That article was awesome.
    I'm having a fanboy moment, fuck I love this band.

20. enthouse

enthouse Active Member

To be honest, I've never really liked the political aspect in some of their songs. I mean, it's better than the "You hurt me. I hate you" lyrics that they had on their first two albums, but when it comes to politics, they just sound a bit... confused. It's like they don't really know what they're talking about or who they're angry at.

I love their music, but I've never really been a big fan of their writing skills.
    If they're going to talk about "serious" stuff on this album, then I really hope it's better than MTM and some of the songs on ATS.

I'm glad they've started working on their new album though. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.