12.06.2011 - Donnington, UK - Download Festival 2011

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Tonight Linkin Park will play their second show as part of their European Summer Tour in Donnington, UK at the Download Festival where they will headline the third and final night to close out the weekend.

Following on from last night's show in Nickelsdorf, Austria at the Nova Rock Festival, Linkin Park will take the stage at Download tonight for third time in their career, with past appearances in 2004 and 2007, respectively.

It appears the band played the same set last night at Nova Rock as they did at Live 105's BFD 2011 last week, choosing to close the show with One Step Closer. They did however replace the Bleed It Out bridge with the chorus from Burning In The Skies as opposed to A Place For My Head which they did at both US shows last week.

Who's heading to Download today to catch Linkin Park? Or if you've camped there all weekend let us know if you're ready for Linkin Park tonight, on the LPA Forums!

Setlist:

01. The Requiem
    02. Papercut
    03. Lying From You
    04. Given Up
    05. What I've Done
    06. Empty Spaces
    07. When They Come For Me
    08. No More Sorrow
    09. Jornada Del Muerto
    10. Waiting For The End
    11. Wisdom, Justice and Love
    12. Iridescent
    13. Numb
    14. The Radiance
    15. Breaking The Habit
    16. The Catalyst
    17. Crawling
    18. New Divide
    19. In The End
    20. Bleed It Out (Burning In The Skies chorus & A Place For My Head over bridge)
    21. Faint
    22. One Step Closer

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

bummed I'm missing them - it would of been awesome to go to Download!

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

have fun tonight at the download festival guys :)

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

It looks like it'll be the same set as Nova rock guys. Nothing really new, but it is quite a heavy set like Chester promised, so thats good. Shame I'm not seeing em this year. Ah well. I'll see em again next time on the next album cycle :)

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

I could have got tickets but the price was too high. :(

Joe

I don't really mind what they play in their sets, but logic would indicate that they should be playing more harder songs than usual, especially with what Chester said, and also if you're going to be catering for the Download audience who are going to be standing through Disturbed and Bullet For My Valentine. Also, the weather is really shit over here, so the more energetic songs would engage the crowd more. Maybe it's time they brought in Wretches & Kings, but I honestly think it will probably be the same set as usual.

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

What a horrible rainy day it is today, I've seen tweets from people at Download saying they're leaving because of the shitty weather, haha.

Follow updates on Twitter @DownloadFest and I think BBC Radio 1 have been doing some coverage too.

Edit: Chester has been hyping this show up quite a bit so it would be interesting if they did something special...but I doubt it. I think Blackout and W&K would be great songs to play today.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
    Denny

Denny @Jackethx

Yeh, not been able to make it. The festival this year has been rainy and according to reviews, bands have been poor. I just hope the crowd get cheered up by LP tonight, who are closing the festival for the first time in their career. Rob Zombie are playing the second stage at the same time, and a lot of the crowd have left due to the poor quality weather, so I hope LP can turn the odds around and deliver a 5-star performance in front of a deteriorating crowd, who have either left or are watching Rob Zombie. Feeling anxious really...

Joe

Yeah, to be blunt it will be difficult to keep people there. Especialy with the gloomy, rainy weather and nightfall approaching.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Personally, I'd wait for LP in a hurricane. But that's just me, haha.

They should play No Roads Left cuz it would be awesome :kappa:

iridescent

iridescent Well-Known Member

I doubt LP would go on stage if theres a hurricane :D

Benjamin

There are a lot of rumors and shit going around that LP has cancelled but nothing by any means is confirmed.

Joe

They haven't. Those rumours are made up and stem from nothing but hearsay. They pretty much happen every year with about 5 different bands.

Benjamin

Yeah, and according to download's twitter the rain has stopped. I think it's safe to say LP is playing :lol:

colinreid

colinreid Well-Known Member

This is one of many reasons why I don't go too festivals!?! Arenas are so much better!

Agent

Agent Formerly known as Agent Sideburns LPA Über VIP

Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Scube

Scube Well-Known Member

Just got back from the festival. Weather was fucking shit. The first two days were so awesome, especially Saturday. But thankfully rain stopped after Disturbed but it was still so cold. And yeah, the rumours about the show cancellation were going around because their flight was delayed, and that affected our M&G :( We were supposed to meet them at 7:30 but they landed after 8:15 and the show was to begin at 9:05, that was fucked up. The signing was was over in about 20 to 30 seconds for each person. That made me sad, but they had a solid reason. We didn't get to talk. The show was phenomenal. They did a great thing by playing more heavier stuff. I was around the not so hardcore LP fans who didn't really enjoy WFTE and Iridescent, infact near the end when they started Faint one of them literally jumped up in joy saying "Hell yeah, they're playing more of the old stuffs". So it was a great set for everyone. And Chester was one of the only vocalist over the weekend who got down into the crowd. Perfect ending to the Festival.

steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

I was there right near the front near when Chester came into the crowd and the amount of crowd surfers crushing my neck was ridiculous! Still all part of the crazy experience. They were amazing it was just spoiled by WFTE and Iridescent. Should have played Blackout instead to suit the atmosphere. Guys around me talking about how shit ATS is and shouting abuse when they play the songs. Not really what you want to hear when watching them!

Benjamin

It's the same setlist they've played for over half their shows this year and last :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.