VIDEO: Concert Visuals From The A Thousand Suns Tour

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

I'll start with a fairly simple question: What was the intent and aim of the documentary, "Meeting of A Thousand Suns?" I know many people were expecting a typical 'making of', but they obviously got more (or less, depending on the person) than what they expected.

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

Wow, sweet. So do you guys edit the live work too? Like the stuff Fiore films at shows where does all that good stuff go? :D

I really enjoy the work that's being done. Especially 'Waiting for the End', the overall visuals of that video where just incredible, the amount of simplicity that was put into actually making the video with the effects is obviously something I can't do just using my macs and iMovie HD. LOL

Looking forward to see more from you guys.

--RS

TxRose16LP

TxRose16LP New Member

Jesse

Jesse Out of the abyss. LPA Über VIP

Here is my question will you agree to a special exclusive interview with the LPA. I'm sure many people would enjoy reading such a article as that.

- Jesse

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Something like that could potentially be in the works as we speak. No further comment :p.

Jesse

Shh. I'm talking to Ghost Town Media. :p

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Despite being weirded out by that message, there is one thing that has made me smile today.

Mike Shinoda created a monster. :awesome:

Derek

I don't think I'll ever change this screenname. It just brings such lolz.

Ghost Town

Ghost Town Member

Actually I can sort of answer these two questions at the same time. Mark Fiore is a huge asset to the band and to us as well. Mark has catalogued thousands of hours of footage of the band that he has recorded over the past ten plus years. We have not yet had to edit together live concert footage that he has shot, but we did work with him pretty extensively on the documentary. He delivered us about 120 hours of footage ranging from the early whispers of the new album being created all the way through the last recording session and then some. We were tasked with creating a story from all of that footage that fit into a 40 minute documentary. So basically we had to condense 120 hours into about 40 minutes. Talk about time consuming.

As for the Waiting for the End comment, we are actually a Mac only studio, so Schen you actually could do what we do on your Mac. Though it is true that iMovie probably won't cut it.

Jesse

Except to people who find it unfunny.

Derek

Here's a good question: How did you guys first get involved with LP in the first place?

Schen The Genius

Schen The Genius Former LPU Mod LPA VIP

haha, that's awesome. I'm a 3rd year photo major at college (Professional Commercial Photography to be more specific. I do mainly automotive, studio, portrait and just getting into concert photography.) so I'm always up to learning new things and expand my portfolio anyway I can. I actually had to learn everything about using SLR's on my own since my high school dropped their photo program when I got there as a freshman. It sucked at first but once I got to college it was all pretty simple. Growing up I would do so minor video stuff for car clubs and friends. Mixing audio with video always seemed just as important to me as just taking photos, so I would put together little videos, upload them to youtube and would eventually have them taken down due to the music. LOL

However, I haven't taken any editing or video courses yet so I'm still kind of in the dark on that subject, are there any suggestions for some decent programs? From what I understand, most editors tend to use stuff like Final Cut Pro and certain Adobe products but I've never really used anything outside of photoshop or iMovie.

--RS

Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I didn't get to see these on here, but I do remember when I saw them in Chicago, the coolest effect had to go to the video for jornada del muerto.

Jrocksz23

Jrocksz23 Member

somebody else posted one of the vids on youtube,
    do u want me to tell them to take it down?

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Once it's out, it's out.

Jrocksz23

Jrocksz23 Member

ohh ok

Ree

Ree a female witch. LPA Administrator

Are we not supposed to discuss those videos now? Because I just wanted to say that they are awesome especially the Burning In The Skies one.

Jesse

I kept re-watching that one

Ghost Town

Ghost Town Member

Good question! We created an effect called data moshing for Kanye West's video "Welcome to Heartbreak" in 2009. Joe at the time was preparing to direct the video for New Divide when he came across our work in the Kanye video. I can only assume he liked what he saw and got in touch with us. We've been working together since. We really love collaborating on projects and Joe is the type of director that lets us get our hands dirty without too much restriction. About 6 months after that video was completed we began tossing around ideas for the live performance visuals and we've been grinding pretty consistently since then.

El Muerto

El Muerto LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Wow, the BITS one really is amazing, it should've been the official video.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.