CANCELLED: Feb 15th, Houston TX & Feb 17th Dallas TX Shows

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Linkin Park have been forced to cancel their show at the Toyota Center on February 15th in Houston, TX, making it their fourth show in a row to be cancelled due to Chester's illness. Check out the statement from the Linkin Park Facebook page below:

"Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their February 15th show in Houston, TX at the Toyota Center. Chester is still under doctor's orders to refrain from performing. The band sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused. Refunds will be available at point of purchase."

A recent post from Linkin Park urges attendees to "hold on to their tickets", as there will be "updates to follow later this week". Could this mean shows are being rescheduled? Guess we'll have to wait and see.

UPDATE: Houston, TX radio station 94.5 The Buzz has Tweeted that the 02.15.11 show has been RESCHEDULED for Thursday MARCH 3rd 2011. We wait for the official announcement.

Thanks to mikeshinodaclan.com for the heads up!

This brings the total cancellations to four shows, with the following cancelled dates:

Feb 10, 2011 - Linkin Park Washington, DC, USA, Verizon Center
    Feb 11, 2011 - Linkin Park Uncasville, CT, USA, Mohegan Sun
    Feb 13, 2011 - Linkin Park Cincinnati, OH, USA, U.S. Bank Arena
    Feb 15, 2011 - Linkin Park Houston, TX, USA, Toyota Center

We wish Chester the best and hope he begins to recover to full health as soon as possible.

Source: Linkin Park Facebook

Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

This might sound stupid and ridiculous but they really should just cancel the remaining dates of the US tour and try again in the summer.

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

that sounds like a sensible option to me.. would be harsh on the fans but if you're not well there's not a great deal you can do about it.

dereklp

dereklp :Not here:

Easier said then done.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is starting to worry me, I know he has a severe flu but it's weird it's taking him this long to recover. He must've been hit hard.

Linkinarmy

Linkinarmy Sins of our fathers LPA VIP

Bummer. Well i would imagine if they have to cancel a few more they might reschedule the tour. That would be a lot of work though, lets hope he gets better really soon.

StevethePlough

StevethePlough New Member

crazy...was at the Toronto show and I didn't think he sounded that sick at all...crazier that it's at 4 shows in a row now. Sucks for everyone who were supposed to go to those shows

jessiexo

jessiexo Well-Known Member

Wow I feel so lucky to have gone to the Montreal show! I don't think he was sick for that one. But really, it takes one night to wake up absolutely dead when it comes to the flu :p

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

It's interesting that the post on linkinpark.com urges people to hold onto their tickets, as there will be updates coming later this week. Maybe this show, and / or others are in the process of being rescheduled?

"Linkin Park has been forced to cancel their February 15th show in Houston, TX at the Toyota Center. Chester is still under doctor's orders to refrain from performing. The band sincerely regrets this unavoidable cancellation and apologizes to fans for any disappointment caused. Please hold on to your tickets. Updates to follow later this week."

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

yeah the other shows they had an immediate answer to them about refunds. but this one there's no word on it.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Well fuck this pretty much means the Dallas show on the 17th will probably be canceled to.

My Violent Heart

My Violent Heart Transmissions echoing away.

Now I'm legitly worried about him. My date in Dallas is up next and if it gets canceled too then that'll scare me.

iNuBBiN

iNuBBiN Well-Known Member

Im worried about him to. But I kinda would rather have a 100% chester perform then a just getting off the couch still sick a little chester. If they have the show, then my guess is that his performance will be horrible if he is still under doctor's orders. If the re schedule then ill be a little upset but more exited if its in the summer

arbiter

arbiter Well-Known Member

I hope Chester is okay. I know its none of our business to know how sick he is or what he has. But not knowing is making me worry to death. Chester due to his not so great past relationship with drugs probably wouldn't be as healthy as me because drugs take its toll and leaves its mark long after one stops using it and it worries me what that means for Chester. I hope its just the flu and that he will be okay after a long rest. I don't even care about my upcoming show in San Diego being cancelled. Whatever is needed for Chester to recover fully.

Abel

Abel Chester Bennington saved my life.

Man, if the Vegas show gets cancelled... D: GET BETTER SOON CHESTER! Your health means more right now to us!

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Actually, as someone who bought tickets to the DC show, I've yet to receive any real info/instructions on how to get my refund. Supposedly I was supposed to get an email with details. I hope this means they are trying to reschedule all the canceled shows.

iamsatan

iamsatan Well-Known Member

Damn this must be very serious. I hope Chester bounces back from whatever he has. I was really looking forward to seeing them in L.A. next week but at this rate I don't think it's going to happen. Get well soon.

LinkinParkForever275

LinkinParkForever275 Linkin Park is my religion!

I agree with several others, they should stop the tour here and continue in Summer/Fall. It doesn't sound understandable to me if they cancel it every day and so on.
    Also to Derek: A flu takes about 7-14days. Like we heard chester has got the flu very hard, it might take up to 4 weeks to recover! Also he need to get his voice full back when he want to do all the screaming! And i mean the voice isn't that good during a flu :)

Chester i wish you again all the best and get well soon!!! Take as much time as you need to recover and to rest!

Storm

Storm Well-Known Member

I wish more people would think like you.
    Anyway this is really taking long...

MarcusArelius

MarcusArelius Well-Known Member

WOW....My tour date is up next, Dallas TX. It's not looking good Dallas! I will be bummed but completely understand if he's too sick to perform, then he's too sick to perform. I have two tickets and a VIP pass that I wont get to use at the moment but oh well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.