28.01.11 - Minneapolis, MN

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Jan 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Necromorph

Necromorph TRY THE KETCHUP MOTHERF*CKER

according to lplive it is papercut which will be opening
    the new us setlists (b11, b13) sound so awesome

Spin

Spin Chaos that defies imagination

Yeah, LPL said Papercut opener, Faint closer, and BITS is included too. Finally. :lol:

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

Reminder: Live setlist updates!

Todd

Todd FLǕGGȦ∂NKđ€ČHIŒβǾLʃÊN LPA Administrator

Keaton, get on Skype! :lol:

WhiteSoxLPJuan92

WhiteSoxLPJuan92 Active Member

I wish they debuted BITS in Chicago but they played it in the soundcheck but that's good enough lol

Spin

Whahay, BITS lives!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is a very interesting encore, it's like all the energy was in the first part and the encore is mellow. Interesting...

Spin

The encore is surprising me as well, but I figure the last three are: ITE, ND, Faint.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

So this is the non heavy encore set. Iridescent I like as an encore opener honestly. But SOTD....no.

Derek

I personally liked this setlist, as Charles Barkley "that's not turrible".

Spin

The main set is much improved I think, the slow middle section got divided and half got put in the encore. The encore I'm a tad iffy on but overall I like the set too.

ChuckCheese

ChuckCheese Did somebody order some cheese? LPA VIP

Bleed It Out closing the main set AFTER One Step Closer is a fail.

Dusty

Dusty LPA Super VIP LPA Super VIP

Glad to see "Burning In The Skies" make it back into the setlist.

Yousefelso

Yousefelso Hands Held High

In my opinion this is the best a setlist can get. A realistic setlist atleast. i would prefer Hands Held High and Forgotten but thats quite unlikely.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Glad to see the band still mixing it up. It seems they're finding their feet on this tour now and becoming a little unpredictable which is a good thing. Glad to see BitS in the set but I'm still surprised to not see W&K in more of these sets. Good set overall, look forward to what they bring next.

Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

Just got back. Every song was played perfectly, the crowd was so energetic with Chester even commenting how we were the best crowd yet (ok, maybe he always says that :lol:). Performance: 10/10

But...I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed there was no Wretches or Blackout. Regardless, it was AMAZING. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION.

Also, the band was running late because of their plain. The LPU first told us that only Mike would be at the meet and greet but then the band pulled through and got their asses to the stage faster than expected. I gave Mike our LPA banner and gave it to a guy who put it on stage. But the most disappointing moment of the night was that the banner was on the side of the stage that we WERENT facing, so we couldn't get a good shot of it. Though I'm sure a lot of people in the pit saw it and Chester (on Crawling) and Mike (on In The End) both went over the banner to get to the crowd :D.

I took 6 videos including BITS. Unfortunately, I may have ruined some of them with me singing :lol:

It was also fun to meet Dr. Octogonapus AKA Astat. There's no way he would have recognized us without our LPA shirts on haha

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    travz21

travz21 Muscle Museum LPA Super Member

Yeah, I was pissed there was no Blackout. I mainly wanted to hear Wretches and Kings just for the instrumental. But other than that, the setlist was weird and surprisingly flowed well. Only song that sucked was SOTD in the encore. That song anywhere sucks.

Highlights or things that surprised me was the extended outro to What I've Done, Papercut being the first real song of the night (or anywhere in the setlist), and the inclusion of A Place For My Head in Bleed It Out. Right after the BIO bridge where they stall and mess around, they did the first verse of APFMH and the bridge for APFMH, all while Brad is still playing the BIO guitar riff. That was cool.

Other than that, I wish they would have played all of ATS. All the other songs except New Divide sounded too dated. Even MTM sounded too old. Maybe I just don't like their old stuff anymore.

The ATS songs almost had me in tears. They were just so damn good. Even Fallout and Wisdom, Justice, and Love were amazing. Wish they could have done Blackout instead of Burning In The Skies if they had to choose between the two.

We got there just to hear Does It Offend You, Yeah? play their last two songs, which sounded incredible. I didn't know the first one. The last one was Battle Royale. I need to download their stuff immediately.

Pendulum tore the shit out of the building. I wish they could have played more songs. I'm not too familiar with their old stuff so I didn't recognize their first song. After that they played (I think in this order): Witchcraft, The Vulture, Propane Nightmares, The Island Pt. 1, and Watercolour. They only played for about a half hour. So that was the most depressing part of the night. I think I actually prefer seeing them play live more than LP, even with their annoying as hell MC.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
    Super Sonic

Super Sonic The Hedgehog LPA Super VIP

Really?

LP-tastic

LP-tastic Well-Known Member

It´s good to see BITS on the setlist again. I think it should be there every time, particularly since it´s the third single from ATS. All in all, best setlist I´ve seen on the NA tour so far, it has a few little quirks but it´s pretty good though.:awesome:

Derek

Anybody who filmed One Step Closer from the pit and who were close to Chester, we want to see your video! Apparently Chester sung right in front of the LPA flag!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.