Breaking the Habit

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by The Doctor, Nov 23, 2003.

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

What do you think it'll be like? I know theres some people that get like mental images while listening to songs (I know I do).

My vision of the video is Chester following a person (guy, girl, whatever) around their house and during the verses the kid looks all depressed, getting berated at, just bad sh*t. Everything is surrounded by this deep darkness, like black clouds, night time, storming, etc. During the verses I see Chester and the kid inside their room, not doing anything they wouldnt put on tv, just like flipping out or something. During the whole video it goes from shots of the kid to also shots of the orchestra playing the song, and during the bridge it shows Mike playing piano. Also during the bridge, the kid goes out into the world and starts screaming the lyrics to the rest of the song, and everything goes from darkness to light.

Thats what I see, how about you guys?

LornVourkolakas

LornVourkolakas About To Blow Chunks

I don't really see anything. I just see like a room with a teenager in it looking dead to the world. (Not literary dead) *Shrugs* I don't have much of a imagination.

Omar A

Omar A Beyond Science LPA Super Member

I read a video idea of breaking the habit that someone posted on the LPMB which is the exact same mental image that I get when listening to the song. Its so weird.

The video idea is too long and I'm to lazy to type all of it. Its basically about a kid whos in his room doing things and each member of LP are in different rooms performing.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

my conception: a kid and his family are sitting down at dinner and the family keeps yelling at the kid. He throws the table over and tramples up to his room. The kid crys himself to sleep and he dreams about what he did. He wonders if he did the right thing. The video has a white cloud around it (like a dream) with the band playing in the dining room where they had dinner before. The are playing behind the reviewing scene of what happened at dinner. The table is mike's piano in the dream and the kid runs through all the band members who don't notice the kid as he goes up to his room. Chester is sitting down where the father sat before and goes upstairs and sings the rest of the lyrics (wherever the point of the video is) to the kid sleeping. Then the kid goes back downstairs and hugs his parents and everything lived a happy ending. The End. (or a more dark ending): the kid jumps out his window and runs away and screams in the middle of the road and holds up traffic) something like that
    I have a messed up or imaginative mind (you choose)

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

My vision: The band will be playing naked.

:mellow: :wth: :chemist:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

i knew it! the habit was clothing!!!! :eek:

:p

Kæton

Kæton is Keaton LPA Über VIP

i knew it! the habit was clothing!!!! :eek:

:p [/b][/quote]
    Exactly.

There's nothing better than breaking the habit of wearing clothes. In your room... Naked... Nevermind... I'll leave that to your imagination :whistle:.

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

clutching my cure :)P)
    i tightly lock the door:)lol:)
    i try to catch my breath again
    :D

|METEORA| MAN

|METEORA| MAN Well-Known Member

First of all, the beginning of your description [DJ Nate] sounds like Will's to Don't Stay video-concept...

Secondly, I imagine the concept for BTH video as a young man (25 yrs. old) sitting in the corner of his room, all depressed [with pills etc.], hopeless (needless to say it's very cloudy outside) [it's longer then it looks] and by the end of the video the sun slowly shines and the guy suddenly smiling, getting filled with hope and energy (kind of like the ending of the Crawling video where the girls smiles...)

tifferz

tifferz Well-Known Member

BTH always reminded/reminds me of cutting and self-mutilation...so the video has to have something dealing with that...i get a lot of mental pics from BTH but they're all scrambled and if i tried to explain them it wouldnt make any sense :rolleyes: ...thank god Joe's so creative :lol: im really looking forward to this vid :D

Kenzie

Kenzie Active Member

The vision that I have for this video would probably be a teenager (most likely a young dark haired girl) arguing with her parents. Then they pan to her in her room by herself sitting on her bed crying. Then she'll be standing at the mirror where her dresser is (sort of like Crawling) and maybe she'll just take her arm and everything that is on the top of her bureau she'll with one sweep knock to the floor angrily. Then she could be standing with a paintbrush painting things...distressful words.... on the wall of her bedroom. She'll fall to the floor at her breaking point and maybe her parents or mother or whoever walks in and places a hand on her shoulder and they get that infamous "I care about you" shot and that will be the end.

redman

redman Banned

some teenager trying to stop smoking pot or something.

theres probably a law against pot in music vids but thats all i can think of

Mcnasty

Mcnasty Y2K

Damn I cant imagine a BTH video. When ever I listen to the song I think of that movie called Dream Catcher becouse theres a part in the movie when he tightly closes the door and tries to catch his breath again.

Kate

Kate beat me senseless LPA Super Member

I see a teenaged kid (gender could go either way) at first, just sitting in his/her room, writing in a notebook. Close-up, the page has lyrics to BTH on it, and then the kid stands up, looks out the window, then walks out the door, and between his parents, who start yelling. Chorus flashes to the band and back to the kid, la la la, “clutching my cure”, split shot of the kid, back to the door of his room, holding the notebook, his parents still yelling out in the hall. The kid’s breathing really fast and trying not to cry. Pan to the parents, still arguing. Chorus same as before. “I’ll paint it on the walls”, the kid is with the band, standing face to face with Chester, and both are screaming the lyrics. Final chorus shows the kid packing up and leaving, and quick shots of the band. Closing shot of the father picking up the notebook, with the lyrics to BTH showing, and an indistinct signature under them.

Wow…I went into a lot of detail.

Katie

Katie Member

I see it as a guy/girl sitting alone in a storm. There is thunder, lightening etc. Then, the storm fades into the backround and u see him/her actually sitting in their room. The band are their too but the guy/girl does not notice them. The guy/girl is really depressed and they end up cutting themselves. Angry with themselves, they leap up and start trashing their room as Chester sings the second chorus. Then at the end of the song you see the kid smiling at the destruction they've caused.
    Not as good as some of the others but never mind. I don't know what Mike is meant to be doing though... :wth:

ChaoX

ChaoX Well-Known Member

well, my idea is kind of simple .... it's like this ... the all band playing in a very dark room .... and sudently whe chester reaches the churos .. LIGHTS ON ... and the orchest (or whatever is called, sorry for my bad english) apears behind them.. and in the last part of the song ... all of the band starts to disapear, leaving chester alone ... and when he says the last "i'm breaking the habit tonight" he disapears too.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I like it :D , but it's kinda too much like Faint...

crazy_caos

crazy_caos Well-Known Member

everytime i listen that song, i always think that the video could have a girl, and nobody understand her, she is a really depresive. the band is playing in kind of room, with all the lyrics of the song written in the walls, and while they go singing the verses of the song, chester is looking the girl, and she is trying to be alone, and when she is alone, she close the door, and she try to kill herself, but before she does, she star to think about a lot of things, and then chester kind of appear and help her, and then she doesn't kill herself, and everything returns to the normality. (i can't put a tragic end, cause they'll chance, so but that's what i would like to have a unhappy end)

ChaoX

ChaoX Well-Known Member

damn!! you are right!! :eek:

GaZZ

GaZZ Member

My vision is all band members are in different rooms of the house (like bedroom, kitchen, dining room etc) and a troubled teen or addict or something is rushing through the house in a confused mind state or in a depressive manner, the person only goes into the rooms with the band members playing then near the end the band are together outside the house with the person etc etc some funky camera effects a viola :D