What would like to hear on The Hunting Party? And what wouldn't you like to hear?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Clever Name, Apr 25, 2014.

Scott D

Scott D Well-Known Member

+1

cradle

cradle Foreword LPA VIP

Fixed :rastamike: I kid.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

/thread

linkinloch

linkinloch Well-Known Member

I would like to hear some hidden pokemon cry during the songs. I would finally fell like a real master

brady

brady I am the LPA LPA Super Member

Mike singing

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

I just want a good record.
    Since they have chosen a heavier sound, I would love to still hear some electronic layers(like the intro on GATS)
    More complex guitar and bass parts, maybe some interesting song structures and hopefully some great lyrics.
    I personally feel like LT had some pretty decent written lyrics, I just hope they once will be able to write a heavy song with some amazing lyrics.
    Not saying all of their heavy songs have bad lyrics - but the softer songs tend to be better written IMO.

Delicious Dave

Delicious Dave I'm gonna drive you into your own anus.

I want Mike to sing somewhere on the record, I'd love a heavy bass filled beat like Skin to Bone as well. I'm excited for the guitar solos. Someone mentioned that they want a song that would make them think ''that was insane!''. The one song from LP that made me think that was Blackout, hopefully we get something crazy like that

MattLP

MattLP No control No surprise

I would like to hear lots of brutal screaming from Chester and dope intense rapping from Mike
    I wouldn't like to hear soft electronic beats

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

I want -at least- one song that gives you the feeling of "wow... I am totally speechless"
    That just happend to me twice: back then when I first listened to Breaking The Habit and Numb.
    These songs are not just songs. They're legendary and really special to me and I would kill (don't take it too serious) to get something like them again.

Some other wishes:

-Another scream-rap song from Chester. Something like Blackout with rap&scream-verses and a catchy singing refrain.

-A song that don't just "punch you in the face"... I want something that totally breaks it into peaces. Something that is so heavy, fast, emotional, dark, and unexpected that you don't know what just happened.

-----------

I wouldn't like to hear a second Living Things or songs like UIB, Robot Boy and stuff like that...

Bruno

Bruno Each word gets lost in the echo...

I want something that makes me cry with joy. that happened when I heard Lost In The Echo for the first time when the album got streamed without anyone expecting on iTunes. That song, at that time, was exactly what I wanted LP to do for a long time, and I will never forget that feeling. More now, please.

EastGhost

EastGhost Banned

I want a huge closing track. Something that will just leave me speechless whether it's heavy or soft. Maybe this could be their first real heavy closing track?

Atticus

Atticus Bullets lance the bravest lungs

I want the passion seen in A Thousand Suns mixed with the explosiveness of a high-octane rock album.

Shikshak

Shikshak Well-Known Member

I want a mix between experimental and hard. I like soft songs but like they say there are too many already, so I welcome the return to heavy stuff, but at the same time I don't want an average rock album or anything like that, I want it to be experimental and weird

and about the daron malakian song, I hope he's playing guitar and not singing, I can't stand his voice most of the times

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
    Shikshak

Shikshak Well-Known Member

that too, mike singing sounds awesome, I like the LOATR demo way better than the original for example. hope to hear something like no roads left too

(sorry for double posting)

Praydox

Praydox Me, Myself and I

Yeah, his singing sounds awesome sometimes. But (imo) just on the record... Did you ever hear him singing live? Well... :sweating:

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

I want Tom Morello on the record...... Wait! It just happened already :D

rcm034

rcm034 Well-Known Member

I want to hear Phoenix sing lead on at least part of a song
    Alternatively, Joe screaming

Also solid arranging on top of solid chord progressions. A sick, strong guitar melody is nice but so much better with a counter melody harmonizing and questioning the listener as to what is going on and with a solid harmonic basis. This is something they tend to stumble upon amazing examples of from time to time, like the way the guitar harmonics interplay with the piano riff on In the End during the verses as well as the vocal part in the chorus while also hitting important notes at the right times in both the vi V IV V verse progression and vi I V ii (really ii IV I V in a different mode but that's another discussion) in the choruses. It pops up from time to time, but not in every song. Sometimes it's better without but there's a reason SATB four part harmony is always the first thing taught in any music theory study. Even symphonies start with a melody, a counter melody, a bass line, and a part that sits there and fills chords. It's something I would posture everyone hears but doesn't necessarily consciously recognize. That and things like certain types of parallel motion that make certain pairs of parts sound weird in certain places (see No Roads Left when that octave part jumps out weird in a few places). Note: not necessarily a bad thing, if that's the sound you want.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

IKR

Michele

Michele Praise Brad Delson, our Lord and Savior. LPA Addict

Well, i would like to hear Brad singing again, maybe Phoenix and Joe too. Something new in this direction. :)

Yurieff

Yurieff Meow. :3

I'd like to hear a few soft songs as well. We know that Until It's Gone will be more of a mid-tempo song and I hope there will be 1 or 2 more like it. Just for diversity. Also, gang vocals, some vocal glitching, mind-blowing bass lines. I hope Line in the Sand will be a good closer. And last but not least, and it will probably sound uber-cliche: I want an album, not a collection of songs.