What are your thoughts on this post?...

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by torres, Jan 7, 2004.

torres

torres Active Member

Posted by aurora@4am at http://j-fan.com/bbs/index.php?board=5;act...y;threadid=5986

"Comparing bands is always going to be a subjective topic.
    u gotta look at it in terms of factors.... Record sales and popularity aren't the only ones.

To be a bad band its not always that the songs are technically simple, but also due to creativity and also what they stand for and many other factors.. aka Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit.

The Beatles and Nirvana are overtly simple in song structure, yet they are very inspirational among music listeners and musicians.. because they offered something new... and that is why they are good bands

For example IMO mediocre or lacking creativity, is as bad.... Therefore Creed is a crap band. On its on it may be a decent band and their songs may require skill to play, but why bother when u have better bands like Pearl Jam.

Anyways for ppl thinking that i jump into the bandwagon for hating Linkin Park cos "it seems cool too"
    im not one of those ppl who would go to a linkin park fan forum and flood hate comments that they are a boyband with watered down guitars etc...

here is something interesting i found from an Asian American Forum..

Here's something you might not want to know about Linkin Park: I knew several kids involved in the L.A. underground rock scene, who played shows with them and knew them in passing back in the day, and they all disrespect them now for being total sellouts. Supposedly, as the story goes, Warner Brothers offered them a record deal, on the condition that they dump their lead singer and take on Chester Bennington, who at the time was an aspiring pop singer the label was arranging a separate deal with. Of course this was all hearsay, but then I visited several Linkin Park fansites to read their biography, and they all said the same thing, some of them quoting the same crytic statement word for word from the official band press release: "The final piece of the puzzle was singer Chester Bennington, a transplanted Arizona native who started making records when he was 16." It seems even the diehard fans aren't aware of the full story, whatever it might be. Another clue which seems to help confirm the rumour: Chester's voice is just way, way too good. Listen to that part in In the End, where the music subsides and he sings, "I put my trust in you..." - it sounds like a perfect Backstreet Boys moment. This guy obviously didn't work the rock circuit - he's got the boy band pipes and pedigree all the way (which isn't inherently bad, if they were just upfront and honest about it).

Anyway, I told my sister all this, and she suggested something which hadn't occured to me before: maybe the original singer was ethnic, and the label decided three ethnic guys was too much? If this is true, that would make them even bigger sellouts. Anyway, I agree with Asian Rocker - it's all banal power chords and disposable lyrics. A whole lot of sound and fury ultimately signifying nothing. But come to think of it, they are huge, and they're multi-platinum - which would seem to disprove the subject article's claim that pop music "remains starkly devoid of Asian stars". "

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I think it's funny how everyone hates Creed for no reason. They just say the have no talent and that they suck, and they never back up their opinions. :rolleyes:

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

chester a pop singer? he was in grey daze......

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

No pop singers grow up listening to Metallica and can scream like that. Holy crap.

And that original asian singer crock of sh*t is an undereducated and extremely dumb comment. Before they bash the band for it's history, at least know the history. :rolleyes:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Agreed. They talk about what they don't know, and get no positive points nor justifications about their sayings.

By the way, is Grey Daze a pop band? For sure, I mean, listen to this and you'll see, it's obvious (heavy irony :lol: ) .

And BTW, is Mark Wakefield ethnic? I don't think so. And if it's true, does it matter? No. This Mr. aurora@4am should hide himself into a deep hole where no-one will find him.

Kyriel

Kyriel Member

Aspiring pop singer?

*cracks up* :lol:

Ander

Ander LPA VIP LPA Super VIP

He's a caucasoid, so I guess not.

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

I hate when people write long reviews on things they themselves know nothing about. Backstreet Boys?!?! This is what happens when you become popular, people try to bring you down. *Thats why guns are popular.*

**Randomness.. Please disreguard.

Ander

someone dissed BSB? where? oh, i see. yea, screw that guy *grumbles*

@topic: The comment he made about the "i put my trust in you..." from In The End is a perfect example on why the demo is better.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

I like Creed, I have liked them for years, and I listened to them recently and they are good. I don't know why everyone hates them but people have their opinions. They have much more talent than most rappers and other pop sh*t.

Ander

just because you like them and not that rap and pop ####. :)

lp_dreamer

lp_dreamer Well-Known Member

i think that the person that wrote that post clearly doesnt know very much about linkin park
    yea that bit about in the end 'i put my trust' so on i think its ignorant when people do that because that doesnt represent chesters voice if they listened to rest of the songs they would see the wide range that chester can sing

we dont even know if that is true or if that is someone just making up stuff and i dotn know if there is anyway to find out :chemist:

Debus

Debus Morbid Fascination LPA Addict

Yeah....LP a pop group...... :wth: . Ummm the person who wrote that really has no idea what they are on about. They wanna try listening to the band maybe if they want to have an opinion like that

EvolutionaryFuse

EvolutionaryFuse Ambient

exactly if a pop singer can scream like that, then why th hell would he be in pop

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

want a reason? here you go.

Scott Stapp goes around preaching the word and all that dumb crap, then he goes on stage drunk. He's a goddamn hypocrite. If I wanted to hear spirtual music, I'd go to church.

Creed? No thanks. I'll take Limpbizkit over them.

Oh, and the people who say they have no talent and they suck, they don't need an opinion. You can listen to a band, and think they're horrible. It's their opinion, they don't have to run a reason by someone to justify their opinion.

IMO, of course.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

Linkin Park is pop, but they have a lot more to their sound than just that. If it wasn't for the pop elements, then the chorus for SIB would probably be very cheesy.

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

:huh: I'm confused.

Steph

Steph Ambient

'Nuf said!

Whimsicality

Whimsicality I broke the dam.

Oh man, that's hilarious. Ignorant people are so funny.

I don't give a #### if people think Linkin Park sucks, but when they can't even get some of the SIMPLEST facts straight...it's maddening.

Who's this mystery 'original singer'? I thought it was Mark Wakefield. And why can't Chester's voice be mellow without being labelled 'pop'? His voice is very versatile and he can scream as well. Rock isn't even about just death vocals anyway. Anyway, this post is from an Asian forum? I can see where the whole "three ethnic singers is too much" thing came from.