Summer Sanitarium in San Francisco

Discussion in 'On Stage' started by Jawknee, Aug 11, 2003.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

So today, August 10th, was the last tour date for Summer Sanitarium which myself and LPstrtsoldr attended.

The meet and greet was very rushed - stupid, stupid security. I gave Mike this remix CD I made with remixes from Will, Derek, myself, TheKen, and Cory Merchant and Mike was very impressed. "Wow, you made a remix CD? That's really cool, man; I'll listen to it today."

I told Chester the way I feel about his health: "Hey man, we all know about your condition and all, and I just wanna say thanks for doing this show for us. To me, you're more than just that guy from Linkin Park, you're a real human being."

His reply was "Aw, thanks man. That means a lot to me; I appreciate that."

While walking to the meet and greet, we met the beautiful Michelle and Jessica again and they remembered us which was so cool. I took a picture with Michelle which I will have to develop and scan later. She's one fine lady. :shifty: Mark, the camera guy, was also there and he remembered us as well. Even better was that he taped us and some other kids so look out! We might be on the DVD! :teehee: The best part for LPStrtsoldr was that Mark picked him to do the newscaster. So the 25th episode will feature my good buddy LPStrtsoldr - aka David.

We got in and Mudvayne was already performing; they were pretty good and the crowd loved them.

Next, Deftones came on and did a pretty good show too. The crowd wasn't too hyped about them, but I loved their "My Own Summer" and "Change."

Linkin Park came out and EVERYONE went nuts!! And it only got nuttier and more chaotic as they progressed. The show started off with the usual Mr. Hahn doing his DJ solo; he didn't do "Session" like the LPU Tour, but rather some really cool intro with talking in it and this phat beat. The only word I remember from the intro dialogue was "Barbarians." :p

Next, LP ran out and "Don't Stay" began. Here's the full line-up:

Intro
    Don't Stay
    Somewhere I Belong (The entire stadium must have been singing this!)
    Lying From You
    Papercut
    Points of Authority
    Runaway
    Faint
    From The Inside
    Figure.09
    With you (Reanimated)
    By Myself - This one started off with the bridge and then the beginning came in.
    Pushing Me Away (Reanimated) [My favorite song from LP ever! Too bad I was using that song to rest up but I enjoyed it so much!]
    Numb (With Mike playing piano)
    Crawling
    In The End (Man, everyone was singing this!)
    A Place For My Head
    One Step Closer (Reanimated ending, meaning, Jonathan Davis' part was sung)

The band was really enjoying the crowd and Chester pointed it out like 5 times that we were one awesome crowd. I also think Chester was saying something about the ladies flashing; don't think he approved of the guys touching them.

Brad smashed his guitar after In The End! Hahahahahaha.

limpbizkit came out and with what a great intro to their lineup: Hot Dog! Here's the full set:

Hot Dog
    My Generation
    Break Stuff
    My Way
    A snip of some Metallica song, followed by Fred pumping the crowd up for Metallica. Then he brought out a 12-gauge (sp?) gun and shot it off a few times saying that we needed to get more pumped if we wanted Metallica to come out. Lord knows I didn't.
    Another snippet of a Metallica song was next.
    Sanitarium (Metallica cover)
    Nookie
    Take A Look Around
    Full Nelson
    Faith - with this one, the 4 big screens above the stage had footage of George Michael from his videos and concerts; i.e., shaking his *ss, jumping around, etc. It was very funny!

I was disappointed that limp did a short lineup. Once again, the crowd booed in-between songs and Fred was getting really pissed but I actually found it funny. I'm gald he got mad back at them - f*ck yeah. I saw the coolest shirt in the merch section:

LIMP BIZKIT
    100% HATED BY ALL

or something like that; funny! I don't hate them of course. Their new guitarist is just as great as Wes; it was like Wes was playing all the damn songs!!!!

After this, we left because we were so damn tired, cold (it was getting dark) and burned from the sun's rays earlier in the day. We sure as hell didn't wanna stay and watch Metallica so we took off; we were the ONLY ones leaving, hahahahahahaha.

Anywho, that was my experience! :D

Edit:
    Chester commented at the end of their performance:
    "This was the best last show for a tour ever!!!"

Double Edit:
    Parking - $20
    2 shirts - $66
    Hot dog & soda - $10
    Lemonade $10

= $106. :eek:

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

Oh I wouldve loved to hear Figure.09 and Numb live......Dammit Jawknee, now you got my all psyched and Summer Sanitarium is f*cking over and I dont even have any mp3s!!!! :angry:

:whistle: :wth: :teehee:

Alexis

Alexis Extremely H! Vltg3

damnit you're so lucky!

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

^_^

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

sounds like u had the best night of ur life!

it would be cool if u were on the DVD

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

If you're on the DVD I'm going to buy it and burn it. :p

Kidding.

Glad you had fun!! :D

lpgurl73

lpgurl73 Guest

Aww that was cool what u said about Chester, I'm sure he appreciated that, that was cool of u ^_^

Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Im glad you had fun. It would be kool if Mike hired you and those other people to make a remix album. Then you could buy me a car, dad.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Hahahahahaha...aw man you guys are funny. :lol:

lpgurl73

lpgurl73 Guest

I wouldn't mind a car, like a Buggy VW Convertible would be nice.... :mellow: oooor hey!How about you by me all the guys from LP? :D lol that'd be kewl lol, have the guys at my command. Yeaaaahh....lol jk!No I wouldn't do that, if they were with me that'd be more torture than if they were under custody of Brittany Spears lol. Oh wait I forgot, sorry Brad nvmnd..... :lol:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Um? :wth:

The Doctor

And that has what to do with the topic?

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

:eek: Sounds like you had a awesome time. So so lucky. It would be really awesome to see Numb live. Hopefully they play it at Livid. I cant wait for livid (w00t)

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Numb live is really good and I hope they perform that for you Amy. :D

Amy

Amy LPA VIP LPA Über VIP

I hate you forever now because you got to see LP :p

Aaron

Aaron Foundation LPA Super Member

I envy you forever because you get to see LP.

Damn Newfoundland.

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

Damn, I was sore after the LPU Tour but it went away after a day or two.

I'm still in lots of pain from monkey jumping all over the damn place, getting smushed, screaming like a maniac, the works.

I really hope someday everyone here can see LP live because it really is a life-changing experience.

They just leave you like...wow...just f*cking wow. :eek: ^_^

The Doctor

I know, I went to see LP last year for Projekt: Revolution and they were amazing. Even though because Cypress Hill smoked a 6 foot bong onstage (news for the month in the valley), everyone in the pit lit up the pot, so my friends and I were "artificially stoned" as we called it, breathing in pot fumes for 2 hours will do that to ya, so I can't remember some of the concert. During In The End, i told my friends to pick me up, so they did, I went crowd surfing, security took me out, but in front of the stage Mike came up and shook my hand and told me that was awesome, so that was the highlight.

LProckon

LProckon Well-Known Member

I'm glad you had a great time Jawknee. I so wish I could have been at that show. I was really close to begging my dad to drive us out there, just so I could stand right outside 3com park and maybe hear them. GAH!!

Anywhoo, that must have been amazing for you! You have pictures right? I sure hope so! :D

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I barely took pictures at the meet and greet because I was so nervous...again, argh! And to top it off, no cameras were allowed inside 3Com Park and I was too wimpy to sneak in my cam, but I have friends on LPU who will share so I'll post them here as well. :D