Kanye West - Yeezus

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by RazorEye, May 19, 2013.

1. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm pretty sure it is. They go right with the music.

2. Jayhov

Jayhov Well-Known Member

It does it on On Sight too :X hmm. I love this album though, Blood on the leaves is my favorite song.

3. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

So far, loving the album! Respect for making this album what it is, it's really not commercial at all.

4. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

Black Skinhead doesn't sound nearly as good in studio as it did on SNL.

A more in depth opinion later, I just thought I'd leave that.

5. Sunset

Sunset Well-Known Member

Totally agree

Some very good songs on it, but Bound 2 is a terrible ending, and I don't like I'm In It and Hold My Liquor. Guild Trip could have been better, Ye's rap feels out of place

6. Decay

Decay Well-Known Member

Black Skinhead just sounds less powerful, it just needs some time to get used to seeing how you're probably used to the SNL performance ;)

7. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Yep.

Yeah, it misses the anger.
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, after 4 listens, I like it even more every time. I love this type of beats.

8. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You people and your leaks :rolleyes:

9. SuperMotorUpside

SuperMotorUpside Member

Black Skinhead is the absolute song of the year for me.

10. Jack_Farrell

Jack_Farrell KTTK is Chester suicide-diving off a cliff naked

Jesus Christ I just heard this stuff to see what all the """"fuzz"""" was about and it sucks complete balls, Send It Up is shit I can make in 10 minutes, and he went to Paris and bought a loft to make this. Never heard this dude before, the no promotion thing was something fucking cool for a famous guy but this is a joke.

... can only rescue Blood On The Leaves from this crap.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  11. Filip

Filip god break down the door LPA Contributor

Blood On The Leaves is easily becoming my favorite. I'm In It is amazing aswell.

12. RyRy

RyRy LPA VIP LPA VIP

Is promotion really that big of a deal for someone as big as Kanye West? With the way things spread on the Internet, it doesn't seem as incredible as people make it out to be.

13. Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

Yeah, that's kind of a point fans tend not to make when talking about Yeezus or also Trent Reznor's independent work. They didn't/don't need big label promotions because their years of already having done that made their names promotion enough. It's more just the gesture that people appreciate I think.

14. Blackee Dammet

Blackee Dammet Feminism Is My God Now

This album isn't great.

It's borderline average. Are you people listening to the same album as me because this isn't anywhere near as good as Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

15. Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

Dark Twisted Fantasy is to The Fragile as Yeezus is to Broken.

Better than Fantasy? Hell no, do I still immensely like some of these songs? Hell yes. But I love dark grinding acid house, industrial and techno. Songs like I'm In It really hit me in a spot musically that I love that a lot of people will probably hate a lot. It's music I would listen to even without Kanye West over the top of it.

16. Tim

Tim My perversion power is accumulating LPA Super Member

Wait, what? One person on here said the album is better than MBDTF. I think a lot of us are still sorting out how we feel about it. Personally, I'm loving the beats, but a lot of these tracks are lacking lyrically. "I Am a God" in particular is lazy as fuck in that department.

17. minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

^ This. I think you'd need to spend a bit more time with the new music before deciding on how it compares to a work like "Twisted Fantasy".

18. Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

We all have different opinions I guess.

I for one, have an account on a Kanye West forum (Kanyetothe.com) and Ive seen A LOT of Hate there for this album. But I also see people who love it to death. I think its one of the albums you either really love or really hate.

I for one, am on the really love it side. For me, I love this album a lot. Probably his best yet, not sure yet. Also a top 3 album of the year for me so far. Im inclinded to say #1 but Its tough deciding (other two are 20/20 Experience and Love Lust Faith + Dreams)

But I love it. The production is insane. Blodd ont he Leaves is a top 5 Kanye Song of all time. Album in general is amazing. Plus 4 more bonus tracks are coming out. I love every thing, only complaint for me is the auto-tune in Guilt trip. The other songs that use it use it to a point where it doesnt hinder the song, and often makes the song better but Guilt Trip could have been better without it and better overall. My only complaint.

Every other song is great to me

19. RazorEye

RazorEye The light on the horizon...

I personally believe that Yeezus should NOT be compared to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy. They are both two complete ends of the spectrum, guys. Comparing the two is like comparing Apple earphones with Adolf Hitler. They're not the same thing! With that said, I thought Yeezus was a very underwhelming album, although the Daft Punk-produced tracks and "Blood on the Leaves" are awesome. The rest is VERY average.

EDIT: A bit off-topic, but apparently Kanye and Kim's kid has been born! Perfect timing, eh?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  20. hawk

hawk because the internet LPA Super VIP

Meh ... it wasn't too bad.