Given Up Clip Surfaces

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, Apr 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marijaLPnarkos

marijaLPnarkos Well-Known Member

DAMN, PEOPLE!!!

>_<

*sighs annoyed*

There should be no more short clips like this.

Originally Posted by Will:
    "No. I'm not going to sit here and say I'm diggin' this song just because I haven't heard new Linkin Park in two years, which is what a lot of people (not you, but some other users) are doing. I believe I read a comment where someone said they liked the song just because they haven't heard new Linkin Park since 2003. I hate the song, I think it sounds awful."
    -That should include super positive reactions, right?

2. trunkswd

trunkswd Well-Known Member

thats amazing, ive always prefered the heavier side of LP

3. steve12

steve12 Well-Known Member

lol it is supurb, probably his best scream yet!

4. Seinfeld

Seinfeld We are the nobodies LPA Super Member

I like what it sounds like up to here...can't really say if this song's gonna 'do' anything for me until I hear the real deal

5. ekemisvo

ekemisvo Member

i don't know why but it kinda reminds me of the chorus to we're in this together now by nine inch nails...sounds good

6. jagnum1fan

jagnum1fan Member

I think that the transition sounds odd in the beginning but that will be fine once we hear the whole song. I think it sounds pretty good. It's different just like What I've done was different. Thus far different has been good

7. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

I'm surprised an admin didn't catch maclieberman's double-post lol.

I think people shouldn't be fighting "ooh this song pwnz my s0ulz" or "omg this is shit" with a short clip. I think you can say "yeah that _CLIP_ sounds pretty good, i can't wait to see what the rest sounds like" or "not too excited about that clip, we'll see what it sounds like as a whole". Maybe I'm trying to be too nice. :lol:

8. Ant

Ant Ambient

Cough, Nine Inch Nails Snydrome, Cough. :lol:

Seriously. "With Teeth" anyone?

(Not meant as disrespect to anyone who likes it, just my opinion.)

9. -NodA-

-NodA- Well-Known Member

10. Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

Yes, if they said the whole song was good based on the clip. Whether you meant it or not you put the post in question as if you were judging the whole song on the clip.

11. miny_girl_LP

miny_girl_LP wow the dark side has cookies!I'm there!

Okkk... that has made my heart jump in and out a million times!!!!! I just can't wait for that album to come out! It's gonna be awsome i can feel it! :lol:

12. Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

For the seemingly 95th time, the noise at the very beginning is someone from the radio talking. This clip comes from an Italian radio interview with Mike and Brad.

13. musicphreke

musicphreke Living Thing

Actually, it's not voices. It sounds like some instruments or maybe just some background noise in the studio before they started playing. It doesn't really sound like part of the song though, so maybe if it is instruments, then maybe it's the end of "Wake" coming into the "Given Up". I have listened on my good speakers and headphones and that's all I can tell. But I know for a fact it isn't voices.

14. Xodus

Xodus Well-Known Member

I've got to agree that I like the What I've Done sound a bit more. It's probably because I'm not into heavy music so much anymore. But that was definitely an interesting listen.

15. Gitsnik

Gitsnik WAAAGH!!! Über Member

It doesn't sound like it's the beginning of the song though.

16. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yes but if you listen to the interview it came from you'll see what Tasta is talking about.

17. Feenix

Feenix Well I Do

Just listened to the interview this came from. Very funny. Mike's telling everyone to rip the song from the radio and then Warner will send you a cease & desist. Then he's like "All that stuff I just mentioned about putting the song up online. Don't do it."

18. Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Yeah Mike probably got a text message from the label going "WTF WAS THAT SHIT YOU JUST SAID. TAKE IT BACK." lol.

19. darkhelixz

darkhelixz Member

From what I hear by this clip, it songs like this song might kick the shit out of qwerty. I thought qwerty was a cool idea and I liked the guitar for the verse and the lyrics a lot but it just fell flat on itself as an LP song.As something live just to play it was great. But yeah.this song is sounding great so far. Theres that signature Chester edginess to his voice that he only can seem to do. I mean theres other people with Rasps but he just steps it up a lot. I told myself "Oh no another clip, should I?" Then I was like."Yeah, lol" I gave in. Now I'm good. I don't want to listen to any more clips. I just had to hear a slightly heavier song with the signature style of LP even though it's different in many ways. I think the cursing is appropriate because of the source matter. Giving up is never an easy road you know.

20. mmmmtastycookies

mmmmtastycookies Not black & white, only organized confusion

The clip is clearly from the chorus of the song, as I don't think theres anyway they would start the song off like that. They did the same thing when they showed us the 30 sec. of WID, they gave us the chorus first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.