Formula One

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by heirofslytherin, May 15, 2006.

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if there’s any other F1 fanatic in this joint. There seems to be very few enthusiasts nowadays.

Anyway, Alonso won the Spanish grand prix yesterday, beating Michael Schumacher to the checked flag by a whopping 18 point blah blah second. This is the first time a Spaniard has actually won in their home ground circuit ever in history, big accomplishment there. Present time, Alonso leads the overall point by 15 to his nearest competitor, Michael. To see whether Michael will strike back in the next race, or will Alonso defend his lead of the World gp, stay tuned for the next episode of F1 with the heir of slytherin.

EDIT: Oh yeah before I forget, tell me your predictions of the next race, or share your ideas of the past ones. Cheers.

Last edited: May 15, 2006
    ultramar

ultramar Well-Known Member

Next is Monaco isn't it, predictions? Don't think the Farrari's will have as much as an advantage on the high down force circuit. Im thinking either Kimi and Alonso, possibly Button on the podium as well. Also a fairly good showing from the RBR's.

Chris

Chris LPA Addict LPA Addict

Monaco was pretty fun last year :lol:

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

I've been a F1 fan since 1996, worked for a website (F1Universalis, RIP) during two years, but because of my job I haven't been able to watch much races this year... But... I'm going to the Montreal GP this year! "Silver" tickets, in the Senna turn (the S after the starting grid), with my best friend, it's gonna be hella fun.

It's always hard to predict how Monaco will turn out... It depends pretty much of the results of the qualifying session and... well... of your luck, kinda.

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I'll watch a race occasionally but they don't interest me too much because I'm not familiar with the tracks or the drivers.

Louis

Louis Message me if you need to talk. We love you all. LPA Team

The Renaults will win this year, for sure. I wish Michael would win some races though. I've been with him as long as I've known F1.

Cale.

Cale. Banned

Ferrari have become very competitive after a slow start. Michael is the only person who can beat Alonso this year in the drivers championship.

Anthony.

Anthony. .Orestes LPA Super VIP

Well, Kimi's lagging behind em but could catch back quite fast. I'd like a third driver to enter the championship race, it'd make things more interesting.

ultramar

ultramar Well-Known Member

Well I was right about Alonso and the RBR's just a pitty so many drivers who where having good races retired. Though Buttons Honda did perform horribly, also glad to see that schui got what he deserved for his stunt in quali 3.

heirofslytherin

heirofslytherin Well-Known Member

I totally agree with your Schumacher comment. A six time world champion stooping to that level, I really can't imagine the shame.

GrafiTTied

GrafiTTied Well-Known Member

well ive watched F1 ever since...well forever. Ive always rooted for Michael Schumacher, but by the looks of this years turn out the Renaults engineering is far superior than the ferrari's and it would be pretty hard for any one to catch up with Alonso. Even with Button performing poorly i have a feeling the Honda engines are more powerful than the Mclaren, cause Kimi Raikonen is an awesome driver but this year he seems lost his car keeps failing i also remember yr before last Raikonen got so frustrated because his car engines kept sprouting fires.This year seems dedicated to Alonso again, well maybe Schumacher has had his turn being Seven time world champion breaking almost every record possible, who could ask for more.Ok this seems to keep going on i should stop now before this turns into pages and pages.