Follow up album to MTM

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Pr3D, May 17, 2007.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

The next cricket world cup? Jesus, I'd gladly take the end of the world just so I wouldn't have to witness that again. :lol:

Jakks

Jakks Point 0

Either a new album or an album full of bsides

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Do you know how much that would rule!
    in fact, it could be a double album what with all the reanimation remixes that never made the cut. Heck, they could even re-record the Xero demos again too. The list is endless really.

But I'm dying to here the rest of the Meteora B-sides. But did warners really delete/destroy most of them? I seriously cannot see why.

Pr3D

Pr3D Active Member

Linkin Park come up with cutting edge crazy ideas.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say they might release a free album (quickly produced). Or for cheap like $5 and all monies to charity.

Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Warner Bros ain't gonna let 'em do that, sorry.

Pr3D

Pr3D Active Member

yeh your prolly right HARLZ... can\'t think of any other ideas.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I think they will release something in a similar vein to "Live In Texas". And apart from wanting releasing their next studio album sooner than they usually do, they really need to do it for the fan's sanity and their own musical future as LP. And I guess now that rick ruben has influenced them greatly, their writing process shouldn't take as long now. Kind of like opening the flood gates, so to speak.

I'm a little non-committal to a remix cd of M2M. I personally didn't like most of "Reanimation", except En Th Nd and a couple of others. But I did and still love "Collision Course" and thrash it to death still after all this time. I think though, LP need to look to a different direction to that of remixes and such, and I believe they most likely will.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

BeneathYourSkin

BeneathYourSkin Well-Known Member

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

"collision course" wasn't really a follow-up to "meteora". it came about incidentally. besides, it's not just "meteora", the mash-up EP used songs from, like, 3 other albums on it. ;) i don't see them doing anything to the "minutes to midnight" tracks; like, i don't think they'd work that well, most of them don't really have the hip hop vibe most of the older stuff did. mike czech skratch n' sniff [sp?] tried a mash-up thing with "minutes to midnight" songs. and that was nothing short of crap. :)

remixes worked with the old stuff. this stuff is the new LP sh*t and it's goin' a little differently.

Cuidado314

Cuidado314 Well-Known Member

I think it'd be intersting to hear LP do an unplugged album... just because KoRn did it, and it was so melodic. I mean, if a band like KoRn can do a toned down, unplugged album, imagine what LP would sound like. It could be great, it could bomb... who knows. But, if, like they said, they came up with the idea to do it, they'd go for it, so hopefully, soon, at least it's something... guess we'll have to wait.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Well, seeing as they're going on tour for the next year, they will have ample time to write. And as Chester said, they won't be taking so long between albums anymore.

So in about a year and a half to two years, we'll get another studio album.

erasethepain

erasethepain Well-Known Member

I think Mike should continue to be a vocalist in Linkin Park but he needs to do something unique with his raps or develop his own singing style like on No Roads Left. He's got Fort Minor and it makes it kind of hard to find both FM and LP identities when he's rapping the same way in both.

-x-ecks-x-

-x-ecks-x- Well-Known Member

Rap is rap.

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

rap is rap...but each project needs its own touch.