CD Ending

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Glenn, Jun 8, 2003.

Glenn

Glenn Super Member LPA Super Member

Who liked the ending of Meteora (The ending of Numb) where it just suddenly ended? should they have faded out? any opinions?

:D :mike: :chaz: :joe: :brad: :phoenix: :rob:

From-The-Top-To-The-Bottom

From-The-Top-To-The-Bottom Well-Known Member

i think "numb" is the one of the best if not the best song on meteora...... it recently hepled me through some tough times...... i can relate the most to that song....... i liked that they saved the best for last and i hope that they release it as a single! :phoenix:

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

The ending reminds me of the ending of "Pushing Me Away," and I think it's good the way they end it so sudden. That way, you still have those feelings from the last track and it overpowers you more...you think about it more that way.

Very True!

Cal

Cal LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

numb has one of those riffs that make u tingle, likes pushing me away, and its lyrically amazing, it will never be a single tho..

Why not?.........

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

It just can't be. It's one of those songs you need to buy the album to listen to...part of the treat of buying an album. ^_^

Do you think From The Inside will be?

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

I hope so...but we're talking about Numb.

[Darken Hybrid]

[Darken Hybrid] Ambient

I did. I think that it was the best ending.

Chrissy

Chrissy Super Member

it might be 'cuz i heard it on the radio recently...apparently krock has the tendency to play random songs that aren't singles...i was confused

i liked the ending of the cd. first time i listened to it, i was like "cool way to end it, so sudden."

The Doctor

The Doctor I wear a fez now. Fez's are cool. LPA Super Member

I love Numb because this whole album, track after track, keeps building up, and eventually you get Numb, and that goes from soft to this explosion of sound, then fades. Its probably my favorite track.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

Yah numb was definitely a great ending to Meteora. So I don't think it would have mattered if they faded it out or not it is basically the song that you will mostly remember and not how it ends.

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

Great way to end the CD. I love the heavier songs but Numb is a great track. I like it because it have a typical guitar riff that just perfectly describes LP. Not the riff best, but one of LP

Shinoda

Shinoda Member

I absolutely love the way Meteora ends. I was, ironically, just thinking baout that today in english class. It kind of ends the way Points of Authority starts and ends, where ti sounds liek someoen breathing. like they let out a breath or something. do you know what i mean. you know how the beginning of POA sounds like someone breathing to the beat? well to me it sounds like Numb ends liek that too, just the last second. yeah i just repeated myself. but thats what i think

-Randa

Missy

Missy Well-Known Member

This may sound stupid but I think it was somewhat wise to end the CD with "Numb" because if they ended with something like "Hit the Floor", I'd probably walk away from Meteora in a bad mood. "Numb" isn't a very aggressive song so when you're done with the CD, you're sort of neutral. Same thing with Hybrid Theory, if they ended with "One Step Closer" I'd probably be on edge all day. But that's just me, I go crazy and really get into the music. (w00t)

osctotheedge

osctotheedge Banned

I agree with all of you. I think that the only other track that could come what replace it is SIB because it deals with personal problems

Jawknee

Jawknee Guest

it might be 'cuz i heard it on the radio recently...apparently krock has the tendency to play random songs that aren't singles...i was confused

i liked the ending of the cd. first time i listened to it, i was like "cool way to end it, so sudden." [/b][/quote]
    Every radio station plays songs that are not singles. It's typical. Don't get your hopes up just because of that. ;)