ATS - commercialized independence or why didn't LP quit WB?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by os neutral, Feb 21, 2011.

?

Is ATS watered down by WB and should they quit them concerning their?

1. ATS is pure LP and they should stay wit WB

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. ATS is pure LP but they should quit WB

17 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. ATS is still watered down but they should stay at WB

1 vote(s)
    2.6%
  4. ATS is still watered down and they should quit WB

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. os neutral

os neutral Well-Known Member

I just say that a certain behavior in one area can indicate a potential for a similar habit in a different area. Actually music and fashion is not too different. It's both a kind of expression. Also LP is relatively design-sensitive, so there can be a connection. But I'm only talking about correlations, not one beeing a cause of the other.

And if LP sees their music mainly as their job, a job to pruduce music for a client, namely WB, their creativity is truely limited. They could still make good music but if an art is not done with intrinsic passion it is rarely as authentic as the music done beeing the independent product of the artist.

2. Benjamin

Benjamin LPA team LPA Super VIP

And what makes you think they do? There's no evidence to make a claim like that. With all the behind the scenes and interviews, it's obvious that Linkin Park is making music that they want to make. Is it technically "their job"? Yeah, but that's the same case for every single band in the history of music.

3. BlackedOut

BlackedOut Zero

I agree with pretty much everything that you said, but i disagree with "every single band in the history of music" Pretty much every Disney band, or Teen pop star does not control 85%-90% of their music.

4. os neutral

os neutral Well-Known Member

I don't claim it, somebody else proposed it in this thread or another. I don't believe it. I just believe if they really wanted to make their own music, they should go to an independent label, accept to earn less (I'm not so sure if they really had too, though) and do stuff on their own. I know many here don't agree with me but I don't see ATS as a proof of LP doing independent music. I can't recognize it beeing more than a step forward on a long way to go.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2011
  5. Moridin

Moridin Death Contagious Deity

LP are legally binded to Warner Bros, they cannot just walk off and join another label.