What would like to hear on The Hunting Party? And what wouldn't you like to hear?

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Clever Name, Apr 25, 2014.

tripleh3lix

tripleh3lix Well-Known Member

Not sure if people dug it.. but I really loved the choirs in 30 Seconds to Mars, it sounded amazing. A return to some of the rapping would be really cool. Also, more lyrics on the songs. I felt like LT there were a few songs that just got repetitive like Roads Untraveled and Skin to Bone.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

You mean the Summit choirs? ...

dutchsoldier

dutchsoldier Well-Known Member

A little late but these are my five cents on this topic:

I would like it if LP made a song and then I would want them to, when it's finished besides mixing, look at it again and add some stuff that they would love to play over it or in addition to it in a live set. I would have loved a BIO on the album with a crazy drum solo. Or NMS with the hard hitting and longer intro from some live sets. I think this is kind of impossible because the guys will make a song as great as they can at that moment and go on from there but I would love to see them approach a near-finished song this way. On the other hand we might be finally getting stuff like this on THP!

Also:

More epic 'parts of songs' in the fashion of movie soundtracks or something (choirs/strings that play a bigger role). Bigger sounds en the guts to play these out longer. I love the Catalyst the most for the big ending and I would love to see more of this BIG and atmospheric sounds being pulled to the front audio-wise.

And:
    Guitarz! Oh we're getting that!

I wouldn't want a song that's very out of place like Skin To Bone (it doesn't fit that well on LT imo). More cohesiveness in the songs that are chosen.

Hrvman

Hrvman Well-Known Member

Been a fan of LP from the end of Hybrid Theory's era and Somewhere I Belong's announcement, so my favourite songs are stuff between In The End and Somewhere I Belong, I love how Mike's rapping changes to Chester's screaming and loud and simple guitar riffs. This is what I expected to find again for Minutes to Midnight, but you all know it didn't happend this way, still, Linkin Park managed to change style and keep me with them, What I've Done and Given Up were awesome.

Then came A Thousand Suns, an alien album that makes me travel trough an unknown place, makes me feel like I'm in those Fallout game with a nuclear war outside, a very strong feeling, I was enjoying it and was happy to hear that LP are coming with Livings Things, an album where all they have done is mixed into one style, rock and electro together with an epic style (Lost in the Echo brings an In the end structure to a higher level).

What I don't want to hear ? Slow songs, like Shadow of the day, actually I don't want anything that sounds like Minutes to Midnight. I liked this album, but something missed me there.

What do I want to hear ? Remember when Qwerty came out before Minutes to Midnight ? I thought the album was going to sound like Qwerty, well, ten years later, this is what I want to have, a Qwerty album :D

SeLDfC

SeLDfC Well-Known Member

-Much guitar work
    -Double bass from Rob
    - atleast 5 songs with screams from Chester (I don't count Until It's Gone that was like one little scream at the end)
    - Mike rapping more aggressive and quicker like for example in Reading My Eyes

NikoLpSoldier

NikoLpSoldier Daimonas

^ this!

alx000

alx000 Member

^This ! ! !

and Guilty All The Same fits perfectly, but UIG killed my expectations =/

JonasTheRoman

JonasTheRoman Well-Known Member

I still wonder what they will do with this goat sound they've requested :D

Jovertop

Jovertop Well-Known Member

i want the songs to be fast. linkin park never had really fast songs. it would be something new

thesungoesdown

thesungoesdown It's like I'm paranoid..

I hope the rest of the album is like "Until It's Gone". Every time I listen to the track like I tell myself holy shit that song was just unapologetic, it's loud, it's visceral, and nothing on radio sounds like that. It's what was missing in rock music.

One thing I hate is cocky people who don't back shit up. LP gets the lose with Until It's Gone and killing the hype with their album. I have no expectations for this album. All I want to hear at this point is good music that's worthy for my ipod. LP had been reduced to that.

lime treacle

lime treacle You are not alone Über Member

:huh: You're kidding, right?

Bawa

Bawa Could wait to see tomorrow.

Sir, take all of my cookies, you earned them. No, seriously, I'm rolling on the damn floor now.