The Many Side Projects of Chester Bennington

Discussion in 'News' started by Derek, Nov 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

In a recent interview with mtv.com, Chester Bennington revealed that he has been keeping himself rather busy over the last few months. Whilst trying his best to remain secretive about the music, Chester revealed that he currentely is working with at least 3 different bands including Julien-K, cover band Bucket Of Weenies, and his own side-project band named Snow White Tan, the latter of which has some material that dates back at least five to six years.

"I always used to go to his house and hear him play acoustic guitar," Shuck said. "And I always thought to myself, 'Oh my God, these are such good songs.' "

While, Bucket of Weenies is to be thought of as solely a joke band, Snow White Tan and Julien-K are currentely working hard on their debut albums for release sometime next year. However, due to conflicting schedules (most likely, the often speculated new Linkin Park record in early 2006) neither Chester or his bandmates have an idea as to when the record will drop.

"Timing is everything, and because of the kind of lives that we have, with so many different things going on, we have to really make sure that it's the appropriate time," Bennington said.

"By the time it actually comes out, we're gonna have probably three or four records' worth of material to release," he said. "But we'll see."

Due to the secrecy of these albums it is unlikely that tracks may surface on the internet anytime soon, but we will keep you updated as new material becomes available.

Source:
    MTV.com

Thanks to Emptybox!

Will

Will LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

I can't wait. All of this new music, coupled with the new Linkin Park album, is sure to keep fans happy for quite a while. It might not all be Linkin Park material but it's new material from Linkin Park members nonetheless. Be grateful.

Derek

Exactly, Linkin Park are smart..if not marketing geniuses. If you think about it, everytime LP releases an album we wait 3 years. So let's look at all the music we have to enjoy over the next three years (making the wait until the followup AFTER Meteora's followup not that hard):

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
    Fort Minor - We Major (mixtape)
    Snow White Tan - N/A
    Julien-K - N/A
    Linkin Park - N/A

That's five albums worth of new material right there!

Everybody will be buzzing over these side projects and then LP comes along and slaps us in the face with a new CD. I have to hand it to the boys, they are marketing geniuses, even though these side projects arent for the money.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

So wait...What's Chester's solo?

Justin V.

Justin V. Professional Lurker

I really wouldn't count Julien-K in there. It said he's working with them but they're still a seperate band. It's not going to be a CD of Chester material under the Julien-K name. At least I don't think so.

Derek

Snow White Tan.

Will

I really wouldn't count Julien-K in there. It said he's working with them but they're still a seperate band. It's not going to be a CD of Chester material under the Julien-K name. At least I don't think so. [/b][/quote]
    He's a member of Julien-K, lol.

Holiday

Holiday Married and on a life-long adventure! LPA Super VIP

Exactly, Linkin Park are smart..if not marketing geniuses. If you think about it, everytime LP releases an album we wait 3 years. So let's look at all the music we have to enjoy over the next three years (making the wait until the followup AFTER Meteora's followup not that hard):

Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
    Fort Minor - We Major (mixtape)
    Snow White Tan - N/A
    Julien-K - N/A
    Linkin Park - N/A

That's five albums worth of new material right there!

Everybody will be buzzing over these side projects and then LP comes along and slaps us in the face with a new CD. I have to hand it to the boys, they are marketing geniuses, even though these side projects arent for the money. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah. They are some smart guys.

I know I'm going to be quite happy when all of this comes out.

Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

I've got to be honest, none of this is really exciting me. I mean, I won't mind checking out the tracks when available, but it's still not enough to get me hyped.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

He's a member of Julien-K, lol. [/b][/quote]
    Actually, Julien-K is an Orgy side project by Amir Derakh and Ryan Shuck, they make electronic/techno music. Chester's not a member, but since they're both producing stuff for his side project, it's logical enough that he'd jump on some Julien-K tracks.

Paperku7

Paperku7 Banned

He's a member of Julien-K, lol. [/b][/quote]
    wrong...

j-k is ryan shucks band. hes simply helping them out.

Ant

Ant Ambient

Julien-K was all Ryan and Amir for a long, long time (they've been working on it for quite a while, even though it wasn't always public). I don't remember Chester ever being involved, so I'm not sure that he is a member or a contributing artist, but I would guess it's more of the latter.

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

That's a lot of side projects.

linkin_theory922

linkin_theory922 Well-Known Member

TOO MANY SIDE PROJECTS

haha...i'm really excited for these side projects but come on guys....this is getting a little bit too much..haha yeah i don't mind but i really would like an LP CD more than their side projects.......still gonna buy em anyways :lol:

Minus

Minus ohai LPA Addicted VIP

TOO MANY SIDE PROJECTS

haha...i'm really excited for these side projects but come on guys....this is getting a little bit too much..haha yeah i don't mind but i really would like an LP CD more than their side projects.......still gonna buy em anyways :lol: [/b][/quote]
    Do you want some cheese with that whine?

linkin_theory922

Do you want some cheese with that whine? [/b][/quote]
    do you have any ? :lol:...jk

Will

They could've been quiet about who was involved with them. You never know.

Ryan

Ryan You Greasy Bastard LPA Super VIP

do you have any ? :lol:...jk [/b][/quote]
    Hahahahaha, seriously stop whining, when they decide to put out a new cd they will.

linkin_theory922

Hahahahaha, seriously stop whining, when they decide to put out a new cd they will. [/b][/quote]
    im not whining....im just a very impatient person haha...sorry

Ant

Ant Ambient

They could've been quiet about who was involved with them. You never know. [/b][/quote]
    Yeah, I know, that's what I'm saying. But I'm also saying it's extremely unlikely, as no one ever mentioned it, and people kept asking them if anyone else was involved and they said no. If Chester is in Julien-K, it's a recent development, I'd be willing to bet. But that's just from what I've heard talking to the guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.