Suicide

Discussion in 'Serious Chat' started by hybriddragon, Apr 30, 2004.

1. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

yeah i get what youre saying. and you know what is worse? when people think you are suicidal to get back at them. um...no that is called MURDER! the only person that gets hurt from suicide is yourself, unless you count all the people who would miss you later on. [/b][/quote]
    yeah thats plainly stupid. its like 'im gonna commit suicide to get back at you'... think about it. even if a person would do it, they wouldnt even see how it affected everybody.
    this posts sounds confusing.

2. Leeuwnie

Leeuwnie Well-Known Member

yeah thats plainly stupid. its like 'im gonna commit suicide to get back at you'... think about it. even if a person would do it, they wouldnt even see how it affected everybody.
    this posts sounds confusing. [/b][/quote]
    No, I understand...

If you're really that depressed you don't really think about how it's going to affect people when you're gone... At least.. That's what I think..

3. TheVoodoo

TheVoodoo Well-Known Member

Ya you may think death will be a peaceful rest. But what if there really is a heaven and hell, whether you believe in them or not. If you kill yourself you'll be headed to hell I'm assuming. I mean wouldn't that completly suck. To be burning and in eternal pain forever. Just the thought of that scared me away from suicide.

4. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

actually i have thought of that too....i dont really like the smell of burning flesh...

5. TheVoodoo

Hey! thats a good thing a very good thing.

6. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

doesnt the bible/church/god say that you'll have a final choice? you will be able to choose. at least i think thats what they say.

7. Leones

Leones Super Member LPA Super Member

when i was thinking about suicide I thought about heaven and hell as well, although I'm an atheist. I thought that if I killed myself I would go to hell if it existed, but it didn't scare me. So, I don't think it will scare suicidal people from not doing it because they might end up in hell for ever and ever.

8. TheVoodoo

To answer your question Katie. No the Bible does not say that you will have one final choice to choose God once you are dead. You must choose him during life, which is what makes it hard. Cause choosing God is not the easy way or fun way to live life usually. If you have any more questions let me know.

And good point you made there Leonie.

9. rosanna

rosanna Well-Known Member

i am an atheist as well, but i have thought about hell. sometimes life is so hard that i think that no matter what i do i will go to hell anyway, and sometimes i think that life has to be worse than any hell. i just don't know what to do when i get into these suicidal situations. i have been hospitalized for them and it only made it worse.

suicide is an addiction. when you get angry or upset, your immediate reaction is to kill yourself. it is very hard to get rid of the feeling that suicide is your only friend.

10. Leones

:hugz: aww I don't know how to get rid of the suicidal feeling too. Sometimes it may feel as it is your only friend, it is with me too, but think about the good things in life, your friends, your family, your future. I got out of my depression by thinking of other, more important, things. Sometimes life is sh*t and then that's all you can think of, but try to look at the good things too, it's hard but try. *hug*

11. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

thankies lance ^_^ *waves*
    but isnt that what protestants believe in? that you'll have a final choice eventually?

12. TheVoodoo

Don't think so. The whole bible, christianity and jesus is based around the fact that we have to choose god during life. whats the point if you get a final choice after you die. Hmmm do I choose to go to hell or heaven. Duh Heaven! protestants believe in the Bible. And I assure you the Bible doesnt say that you get to choose after you die. And also If you kill yourself you are choosing to go to hell no matter how much you served God during your life. But these are just christian viewpoints on death. If you don't believe the Bible is fact then you don't need to listen to me.
    It's your choice.

13. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

mmm.
    *thoughtful face*
    but thats what our priest told me a few months ago. please tell me its still true. - i mean the fact that we can choose.

14. TheVoodoo

You can choose up until the point you die. You can always choose Jesus and to live for him and have him take away all your pain.. just pm me i'll talk to you about it if you want.

15. Leones

What I learned was that actually we don't have a choice, but it's God who makes the choice. Doesn't the bible say that God knows everything and He has a predestination for all of us? He already made His choice on you and I if we are going to heaven or hell. So, isn't it so that it actually makes no sense in looking for Him, because He has to look for us? And why spend your whole life praying and visiting the church if you don't make the desicion but God does? Can someone explain this please?

16. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

me! me! ill explain!
    basically you have to suck up to god and be nice to him (aka pray, go to mass, blah blah) and then you'll get eternal life. he makes the desision, but you have the power to affect it.

17. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

me! me! ill explain!
    basically you have to suck up to god and be nice to him (aka pray, go to mass, blah blah) and then you'll get eternal life. he makes the desision, but you have the power to affect it. [/b][/quote]
    How can you affect it, if God already decided you're going to heaven or hell?

18. ass_kicker

ass_kicker Banned

How can you affect it, if God already decided you're going to heaven or hell? [/b][/quote]
    he didnt yet... did he?
    i thought he waits till you die and then makes his decision :mellow: LANCE! get your butt over here and explain! :lol:

19. Messy Marj

Messy Marj LPA Addicted VIP LPA Addicted VIP

he didnt yet... did he?
    i thought he waits till you die and then makes his decision :mellow: LANCE! get your butt over here and explain! :lol: [/b][/quote]
    :lol:

I always learned, he already made His decisions before the first human came onto this world :mellow:

20. TheVoodoo

Ok I'm here to save the day. Here's what the Bible says and what Christians believe. God Knows everything you are going to say,do,or think in your life. He knew this before you or any other human being was created. But he has no choice in whether you go to Heaven or Hell. He gave us the option to choose. That's what sets Christianity apart from other religions. You don't get to heaven by actions or what you do... aka going to mass or helping others. You get there by asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins and then living a life that's pleasing to God. Which means trying to live like Jesus did. Which is a life without sin. But everyone screws up and sins but that's why God sent Jesus to die on the cross. To erase away our sins and give us a way into heaven by believing in him.

So here's what you've learned. God hasn't predestined your life. He knows what you are going to do. But he does not choose what you do for you. It's very complicated ... but one of the things God is... is all knowing. YOU have to choose God and live for him. The only way to get to heaven is by asking Jesus to forgive you of your sins and to try and live like him.

Once again, I am jsut stating what the Bible says and what Christians belive.