REMIX POST TRAUMATIC - Presented By AltWire

Discussion in 'News' started by Kevin, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Kevin

Kevin A Pattern To Be Followed. LPA Administrator

[​IMG]
    Good news for producers and remixers! With the recent release of Mike Shinoda’s "Post Traumatic" EP, and the instrumentals and acapella mixes of all the songs, AltWire, Mike Shinoda and the largest Linkin Park fansites are now teaming up to present Remix Post Traumatic, the official "Post Traumatic" remix contest!

Remix Post Traumatic is an opportunity for music-makers worldwide. Mike Shinoda wants to hear your creative spins on his new music. Craft your remix of any song from the "Post Traumatic" EP and deliver your A-game.

Linkin Park Association will be joining AltWire, Linkin Park Fan Corner, Linkin Park Live and the Linkin Park Global Ambassadors to act as judges for this contest, picking the best entries to be finalists. We've seen how talented Linkin Park fans can be through initiatives like our Monthly Mix-Up, so we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Contest rules are as follows:
    • Remixers must upload their track to SoundCloud with the tag #RemixPostTraumatic, and include the track URL in the entry form (more on that below) to enter the contest.
    • Remixers are allowed to submit no more than 1 remix of each song from the "Post Traumatic" EP (“Place To Start", “Over Again,” “Watching As I Fall”), meaning 3 remixes maximum.
    • Remixes must contain all-original music and, apart from using samples from "Post Traumatic", cannot contain samples of other copyrighted works.
    • The deadline for entries is March 13, 2018, at 5PM PST.

The prizes awaiting the winners:
    • One lucky grand prize winner will receive an original piece of art, made by hand and signed by Mike Shinoda.
    • The top 5 finalists will all get a special item autographed by Mike Shinoda.
    • The top 5 finalists’ remixes will be posted for free download on MikeShinoda.com.

Final works need to be submitted using this entry form before the deadline if you wish to enter. As noted in the rules, the deadline for submissions is March 13th, @ 5PM PST - entries submitted after this point will not be valid. A countdown to the deadline is available here.

The winner will be announced on the week of March 20th on AltWire.net and Mike Shinoda's social channels.

To get started, make sure you've downloaded the official "Post Traumatic" instrumentals and acapellas. Then, create your remix(es), submit on time, and, most importantly, have fun! Come and discuss your ideas, hear other people's ideas (once they're ready) and speculate about the contest prizes on our message board.

For additional information about this contest, please check AltWire.

tok9828 likes this.
    Hybrid

Hybrid Has gone Rogue. LPA Team

I can't wait to judge you. *Stares judgingly*

One More Rob

One More Rob Well-Known Member

I have a question can I mix 2 Post Traumatic songs in one? Lets say I do a remix of Watching as I fall, can I still include parts from (for example) Over again? or does that disqualify it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

In this example, when you title your track and when you submit it via the form, you would just call it a remix of "Watching As I Fall".

You're free to sample the "Post Traumatic" songs in your work for this contest.

zwieR.Z.

zwieR.Z. Well-Known Member

Damn... I'm already working on 2 Post Traumatic tracks but the deadline seems a bit extreme for my standards. 11 days? Come on, I usually spend at least a month working on a single song :WTF:

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Yeah, unfortunately this has been a deadline set outside of our control. But we really hope to hear some amazing tracks from you all. Everyone is really excited to hear all the creative remixes!

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Shinoda wants to see how you deal with some real pressure. :halfkappa:

zwieR.Z. and Zane like this.
    zwieR.Z.

That's such a Shinoda thing to do!

Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

Good luck to everyone

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

If anyone has the ability to do it, it's you. You got this man.

Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

I'm looking forward to it. I'm preparing a remix as we speak...! Given the competition I think it's going to take a miracle to get in the top 5. I hope I do. :)

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Kinda sucks that this wasn't announced sooner after the instrumentals/acapellas were released...I know of several people, myself included, who have remixes either already completed or in progress that use portions of other Linkin Park/Fort Minor songs (which you'd think would be an acceptable thing to do for a remix contest run by several Linkin Park fansites and Mike Shinoda himself...) whose would-be submissions are now ineligible due to the "no sampling of other material" rule.

Anyway, back to the drawing board...are collaborative submissions allowed, or no?

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is an official remix contest, with real prizes at stake. Not a fansite contest. Fansites are included as judges, but this is not the same as a LPA Monthly Mix Up. This is something different.

As much as mashups can be excellent (Collision Course), none of the parties involved with this contest wanted mashups of Linkin Park vs Mike Shinoda or Mike Shinoda vs [insert other artist here] to flood the submissions. Therefore it was decided by all parties involved, that we want the remixes to consist of original music, save for samples sourced from Post Traumatic, or sample packs found in music software (including stage light).Yes those packs include LP samples, but the difference is those samples have been cleared by the band for use in musical works. What AltWire and everyone else doesn't want is songs from the band's studio albums being used in the remixes. No acapellas from there. This is a Mike Shinoda remix contest. It isn't intended to be Linkin Park.

As far as the announcement time, I apologize for how tight it is but this all came together within the past week. It was quick, sudden, and came together all at once.

I would recommend solo submissions. If you wish to collab with another artist, that's within your control, but understand that if you won, you would be the one receiving the prize. There is only one grand prize, as it is a one of a kind original piece of art by Mike and thus is intended for one top prize winner. It would not be duplicated for each person contributing.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2018
    Hybrid and Iopia like this.
    Elaine

Elaine The One They Call Elaine. LPA VIP

By the by, for those wanting to conform to it properly-- Over Again is 72.5 BPM as opposed to 73.

zwieR.Z.

Thanks, Derek! I might still enter although I'll probably have to make a second version after the contest since the stuff I've originally planned could take more time. Don't really like that idea, but then again, you don't just say 'no' when Shinoda throws you a challenge, right? :bradwink:

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

I’m entering. I already have something worked up that I believe sounds solid AF. This is actually my first ever remix. Really excited about this.

minuteforce likes this.
    Modern Guitar God

Modern Guitar God Nets 2021 LPA Super VIP

What’s everyone using for their remix btw in terms of software and gear

StrictlyJohnD

StrictlyJohnD Go Texans & Rockets!

I like the One Last Light Remix of OA.

Austin Vicenty

Austin Vicenty No Longer Active

So after reading the rules I guess it's safe to assume I can lay down a verse of my own in my remix?

Zane

Zane WARRIOR PRINCESS LPA Team

Absolutely! Original content is well regarded

Austin Vicenty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.