Predict what the new album will be like (winner gets a moderately tasty potato)

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by Promofrog, Apr 13, 2012.

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

With all the talk about how previous albums stack up against each other (probably my fault) I thought it would be fun to predict how the new album will sound, compare and perform commercially compared to previous efforts.

Predict how many songs there will be as well. :)

Tracks: 14

My guess is that the new disc will be the "new Meteora" in the way that it takes a formula, a new concept which the band used successfully, and creates more radio friendly and accessible music with it, everyone responded to Waiting For The End, so we could get a lot more where that came from.
    Remember, this album was mostly made on the road, like Meteora, so the band will be in tune with how the audience respond to certain things, with no basketball courts to distract them, no outside projects interfering with studio time. *points finger at Joe Hahn*

I also think this album could be quite industrial sounding, along the lines of what Blackout ventured into..

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    PushItBackDown

PushItBackDown Member

I think it's really going to be unique as far as how it sounds goes. I feel like they're going to be touching on the same themes as early LP (Hybrid Theory, Meteora) but it will have the maturity level and 'experienced' feel of the two more recent albums (MTM, ATS). I think what they're saying will be the like old LP, but how they're saying it will be different and fresh.

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

I'm getting the industrial vibe too, especially if the music sounds anything like the 2k12 teaser.

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

a mix of old and new, with some screams, rapping and electronic sounds. I think it will have more rapping than ATS, since Lost in the Echo and Burn it Down are already confirmed to have rapping, that's already two songs. ATS had three songs with raping so i think with already two songs confirmed to have raping, their will at least be one more with rapping and i think more. I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of the songs have rapping. That could be part of the old, mixed with the new. Brining back rapping but mixed with the newer type of sounds like in ATS and MTM

Erica

Erica Meh LPA Über VIP

It's just going to be the sound of the guys sitting around doing puzzles

Promofrog

Promofrog Banned

Haha! +1

Do not reconcile puzzles, snippets and trolls.

Knt.Slbs

Knt.Slbs Well-Known Member

Here we go again...

Hybrid Theory - The beginning of LP' career [The success and the most Unique album of all time] *CLASSIC*
    Meteora- The Pressure is on [Trying not to be "One-Hit Wonder" and LP proved it,its all Art and Expression] (SOUNDED TO BE) *EPIC*

Minutes To Midnight- The departure of the typical Linkin Park sound [LP proved not make a TRILOGY album that people would actually expect] *RAW & ORGANIC*
    A Thousand Suns- The experimentation must go on and do whatever they want to do [The balance of risk and courage to make fresh sound] *DRASTIC & ELECTRONIC*

And now, LP5 is coming on our way. I think this 5th album is an another journey to the band in which they found and embrace their comfort zone..

To Sum up..

HT and METEORA - Sound I [Brother albums based on Nu-Metal genre]
    MTM and ATS - Sound II [Brother albums based on Experimentation of sounds and exploration]

LP5 and soon.. (just in case if they follow the pattern)LP6 - Incorporation of sound I and II....

That is what I observe right now, LP is actually growing and evolving to become better musicians... :)

InStereo

InStereo Well-Known Member

I feel like this time around they don't care about anything and just do what they love. With Meteora they couldnt do that as they tried to copy Hybrid Theory. Minutes to Midnight was the first step away from that sound and A thousand Suns was avoiding anything that sounded like the first two albums.

They already said that they are now comfortable with what they're good at and this is obviously writing catchy songs on the one hand and coming up with unique sounds on the other hand. So I expect less experimentation in terms of song structure and less interludes but also beats, samples and electronics we've never heard before. Besides, I think that the distorted guitars will come back again but not in order to create these sound walls in the choruses like we had them on Meteora or Hybrid Theory but to add a new element to the sound of A thousand Suns.

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Faster-paced 'Foster The People'-esque sound mixed with ATS and rapping.

Atleast... that's what 'Burn It Down' sounds like so far.

Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

It's be living.

shinformant

shinformant Banned

It will pertain to sound and audio somehow

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

Linkin Park.

Gimme my potato. ;"

TheZlajaZlo

TheZlajaZlo Closing LPA Super Member

I think you're right.

GIVE THIS MAN A POTATO!

EDIT: Oh, wait. The album is not out yet. : )

Snail

Snail LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

[YOUTUBE]QTa2ImkHsB0[/YOUTUBE]

^0:28

I will fight for that potato.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012