Other Xero songs

Discussion in 'Linkin Park Chat' started by JustHollowNAlone, Jul 5, 2007.

JustHollowNAlone

JustHollowNAlone Well-Known Member

Everyone knows of Stick N Move, Rhinestone, Reading My Eyes, and Fuse, but what about that live set list that was found out about that included Pictureboard, I think it was called. Apparently no live recordings or anything, but where did that list even COME from?

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

You're getting 2 things confused. Mike said on the Fort Minor forums that there was a Xero song called Pictureboard that was performed once as Linkin Park with Chester on vocals, and that that was the only time (until Summer Sonic that is) that LP had done a Xero track live.

We also know that Esaul (A Place for My Head) existed as a song in the Xero days, because Mark Wakefield's name appears in the songwriting credits.

There's an alleged bootleg of a Xero show from 1997 that included songs such as The Untitled, Now I See, Rhinestone Part 2, The Team, and Explode. I believe the reported setlist was like 8 or 9 songs. The problem with this is that Mark Wakefield's name isn't in the songwriting credits for In the End or With You, so those songs couldn't have existed during the Xero days, leading some people (like myself) to believe that the whole thing is bullshit.

So in other words, the only 2 KNOWN Xero songs that weren't on the demo tape are Pictureboard and Esaul.

Dedicated

Dedicated LPA Addict LPA Addict

You know too much :lol:

wookiebastard

wookiebastard Member

wait...

Xero - 10-08-97: Lynus Brook club, L.A. Setlist:
    01-Rhinestone
    02-The Team (Carousel DEMO)
    03-Reading My Eyes
    04-Untitled
    05-Explode (Part Of Me DEMO)
    06-Rhinestone (part two)
    07-Now I See
    08-Fuse

I don't know, but if they played those songs live then they must exist. No one confirmed me if that concert's setlist is true, although it's have been all around the web for quite a long time now... When did Mark left the band? perhaps those new songs were after he left and Chester joined, before they even changed their name into Hybrid Theory?...

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Chester joined LP in I think early 1999. Mark left probably 6 months or so before that.

Another thing that makes me question the setlist, is that when it was first reported, it never mentioned ANYWHERE that The Team was a Carousel demo or that Explode was a Part of Me demo. People started speculating about what songs they were, and all of a sudden about a year ago, everyone magically started saying that they were Carousel/Part of Me demos, as if that had been a fact all along when that wasn't the case at all. I've also seen the same bootleg labeled as being at both the Lynus Club and The Whiskey.

Bennington_Hahn

Bennington_Hahn This goes out to everybody still hatin' LPA VIP

Wouldn't it be cool to be proved wrong though? Imagin one day LP or someone finds a HQ shoot & rips from that very setlist?

But it reallly looks doubtfull don't it lol

the_stars_of_destiny

the_stars_of_destiny Active Member

Yeah unforently :( lol... But you never know... It's not impossible.. But I'd say, don't get your hopes up to high. :lol:

Top2Bottom

Top2Bottom Well-Known Member

I wanna hear some Xero...I can't find any downloads anywhere lol