Ordering WMP Files In Library

Discussion in 'The Living Room' started by linkinpark_ben25, Apr 24, 2006.

linkinpark_ben25

linkinpark_ben25 In Your Face!

On WMP (Windows Media Player) i saw my sister arrange her library by artist, album, etc etc. I asked her how she did it, and she said you just click where it says artist, album etc etc. I tried it later but it didnt work... and i have gone through most of the options but cant seem to do it.

Can you please help? I cant be bothered to arrange everything in A-Z order myself.

:unsure:

Mark

Mark Canadian Beauty LPA Administrator

It's exactly what your sister said, click the column header (rectangle) at the top that says "artist" and it will order them in ascending or descending order. Click it a few times.

Many of your files likely don't have that infromation tagged in there, so what may be coming up is a bunch of blank spaces, but when you scroll down, you'll see actual files where the artists names have been included.

Michael

Michael Well-Known Member

You may need to reorganise all the titles, I had to do it with over 14,000 files. Count yourself lucky.

Nick

Nick Great Job! LPA Super VIP

holy crap michael, but yah what i do is when i listen to em through windows media player i go to now playing right click click add to, addional playlists and at the very top it should say playlist 2 or sumthin, click that and it should put it in yur albums by unknown or what the album is called if it has that information in the file and thn you can manually rename the album to like "cool songs" or w/e you want thats what i do =)