Metallica - Hardwired... to Self-Destruct [New album November]

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by Moridin, Aug 18, 2016.

Gibs

Gibs The Prog Nerd Über Member

Yesterday, I listened to to disc 1 on their YouTube stream. Of the 6 songs, "Now That We're Dead" and stood out the most to me. The groove they had going on in that song was fucking fantastic. Tonight, I'll probably give disc 2 a listen. I have yet to finish the album, but it seems to be their best work since probably The Black Album.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

I had time to listen to the full album over the weekend. It's imply awesome! Some songs are slower and groovier and might not be as thrashy as the first 3 singles, but that's ok. They carry more of a Black Album vibe, which I'm fine with, since the Self-Titled is actually a damn good record. Spit Out The Bone is my favourite though. It might just as well be the best song they've written since the glorious 80's. (what a banger) Sounds just like classic old-school Metallica. I hope they play this one live regularly from now on. It will surely get the masses moving.

Hahninator

Hahninator Well-Known Member

I agree. Now That We're Dead and Dream No More are my favorites so far on the album. It's such a big/long collection of music that it will take me a while to dissect the whole album and figure out exactly what I love and dislike. No rush because they will take a while to put out another one, haha.

I think it's better than Death Magnetic. If you love the album, I encourage everyone to read Lars's SUPER long interview about it. https://metallica.com/blog/so-what-article/436099/lars-ulrich-the-hardwired-so-what-interview He discusses a lot....highlights to me are how he mentions Rick Rubin wanted the songs longer and crazier on Death Magnetic versus these songs being chopped down and more concise. Also, the production sound on this one is FANTASTIC and that plays a big part into my enjoyment of it.

minuteforce

minuteforce Danny's not here, Mrs. Torrance. LPA Team

This latest Metallica album has been successful as fuck
    (source)

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

I genuinely think this album contains some of the best tracks they've ever created. I love the slow grooving tracks that sound like the Black Album brought in to the 21st Century.

I also have to mention that the drumming for ManUNkind is fucking mental :lol:

Sonic

Sonic Searching for the last Chaos Emerald... LPA Super Member

The 5 string of tracks from Atlas, Rise! through Halo on Fire are phenomenal . I don't even know how.