Linkin Park's New Album 'One More Light' Has Leaked

Discussion in 'News' started by Joe, May 17, 2017.

chris2

chris2 Smiling At Strangers On Trains LPA Super Member

Talking To Myself is nice! I absolutely love Brad's guitar melody.

KrylonShadow

KrylonShadow Well-Known Member

Warning: I tend to have very different opinions from the typical LP fan / LPA user

Nobody Can Save Me - Not bad, but not what I was expecting based on Derek's review, a little slow for my taste
    Talking To Myself - Pretty good as expected, but it's much better live
    Sorry For Now - Good track, think it will be better live, but it's not as good as I was hoping it would be, unfortunately SPOILERS the original clip we heard is part of the chorus and it is repeated a lot, I thought it was gonna be part of the verse (even when we found out it was called Sorry For Now) and that the chorus would be different, but what really kills it for me is the music, I think this would've been a much better song without Blackbear
    Halfway Right - I like it, but the lyrics and some parts of the vocal melody are a little lacking
    One More Light - Not a fan, but I just don't like songs this slow, especially from LP, but I'd probably enjoy a remix of it
    Sharp Edges - Not terrible, but it just sounds very generic and derivative to me (even in the context of the album)

My early ranking of the album from best to worst:
    Invisible
    Talking To Myself
    Sorry For Now
    Halfway Right
    Good Goodbye
    Battle Symphony
    Nobody Can Save Me
    Heavy
    Sharp Edges
    One More Light

viktorignatov77

viktorignatov77 Well-Known Member

Lol why Halfway Right is so low it is 4th in my ranking haha

SeL

SeL Active Member

so now it's time to listen though the record for the second time!

The Free Element

The Free Element Well-Known Member

• Warned for using a homophobic slur.

Just downloaded the album just to have a backup in case I can't find it in stores (there aren't many where I live). Not gonna listen to it before May 21 anyway (gotta wait for my girlfriend to come by so we can listen to it together. Yes, we are two huge Linkin Park ---- living in different cities :lol:)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
    Petar, Sa6o_dfg and dontFindOutMe like this.
    Death Slayer

Death Slayer Julian

Wow there a little too hard on the chipmunks in Sorry For Now lol
    Chester sing-rapping tho, would've liked a little less vocal effect.

Bane likes this.
    zayl

zayl Friendly neighbor revenge seeking vigilante

Although I can hear that this album has it's one style and songs uses similar effects because of that, they sometimes seem to be kinda similar to each other. I liked the title track, ttm and gg, but in the hype way, they are OK to me. The rest of the album isn't something i would like to destroy a replay button with. It 's as diverse as Hybrid Theory (IRONY). I don' t think i'm gonna buy it.

Petar likes this.
    Narc85

Narc85 Well-Known Member

A few listens in now but can say I immediately loved this thing. The only song I'm not totally in love with is Halfway Right.

Damn Sharp Edges is a great song. It's the one I was expecting to like the least too!

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

I have to say I expected a lot more people to disagree with me than agree with me. It's actually refreshing that the "THIS IS TERRIBLE AND THE WORST THING IVE EVER HEARD" reviews are very little or few and far between. More people seem to be either saying "it's good but not great" or "this album is excellent" which is pretty refreshing.

ciao_fiv and @LP2K12 like this.
    Siddhartha Shukla

Siddhartha Shukla New Member

Where can I find the leaked version? Anyone got link?

Cely_lp

Cely_lp Well-Known Member

The songs are very close. This album is very solid. I loved every song...this is the first time I've enjoyed all the songs in a LP album ever.

dontFindOutMe

dontFindOutMe Well-Known Member

It's the hype talking :kappa:

Blake

Blake Leave a Trace LPA Super Member

I plan to wait to Friday but there's been a thought on my mind recently about Linkin Park.

A lot of fans complain that they don't make HT/M music anymore. I have always wondered what would have happened if they released HT part 3 in 2004 and then STILL released MTM in 2007. I feel like people wouldn't complain as much these days with 3 Nu-Metal albums out there.

In related news, I love Pop music and I am 100% okay with Linkin Park doing pop music but I'm not that excited for this album. Linkin Park is in my top 10 acts of all time and I will always listen to them but I can't be arsed to download an album when it comes out in 2 days and I have two physical copies on the way. I also don't think it's worth the effort of finding the album as my hype isn't their like it was for The Hunting Party. I think The Hunting Party was the first time I was super hyped for an album and then vastly dossapointed by it so I learned my lesson to not over hype myself again.

While my hype isn't there, I do believe it will be a good album and Ill definitely give a small opinion on Thursday night or Friday.

Luke

Luke Mind Your Manners. LPA Addicted VIP

Drivel. Momentary highlights but then back to formula and pop clichès. It's not a Linkin Park album as far as I'm concerned. It's the sound of a band trying to be something they're not and failing miserably. One could admire the courage and guile, but overall the monotonous nature of the album drags the band asunder. It's without a doubt their weakest album.

Extremely disappointing. Hopefully they'll produce better on their next effort.

Agent and dontFindOutMe like this.
    Joe

Joe I'm tried LPA Administrator

Literally in the OP not to ask for links.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

Do not ask for links to the leak. Thank you.

Alexrednex

Alexrednex Well-Known Member

Linkin Park fans right now:

"YOU TURNED INTO SOMEONE ELSE"

Abel and dontFindOutMe like this.
    Siddhartha Shukla

Siddhartha Shukla New Member

Ah Sorry I didn't see

Brandon

Brandon I was Ree's 100th follower on Twitter.

My reaction to Nobody Can Save Me was very Big Quint-esque. When Chester described the album as "sexy," he was definitely referring to this song.

Abel and Alexrednex like this.
  20. Disturbedthoughts

Disturbedthoughts *Twitch*

After a first listen the only thing that comes to mind is that the album is just boring. Not really good, not really bad, just incredibly dull.

I've always preferred linkin park when they're more energetic, and there just isnt any of that here. I wasnt bothered by the pop aspect but i am bothered by how blah every song seems to be. When i heard pop i was hoping for more of a linkin park version of panic at the discos last album. Totally pop, but also fun and energetic. The only thing that seems to come close is good goodbye.

I'm going to give the album another spin. I always try to give an album a few listens before a final judgement call, but for now, I'm really disappointed.

Petar and kickgift like this.