Led Zeppelin to Reunite With New Singer

Discussion in 'Other Music' started by TheRockChick, Sep 21, 2008.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

I'm rather bad at news-telling so i thought i might as well just post the link and you can check out the news yourselves:

TheSun.co.uk

Last edited: Sep 21, 2008
    Andrea

Andrea best friends. LPA Addicted VIP

Oh my God. You DO NOT replace Robert Plant under any circumstances in my book, even if he is being stubborn on not wanting to reunite. If this is true, how lame. I wouldn't pay to see it.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is without a doubt, probably the most idiotic thing I've ever read.

Robert Plant IS Led Zeppelin. His unique voice is what made the band so special. You take him out and all it will sound like is a very good cover band.

Either it's Led Zeppelin WITH Robert Plant, or it's a no go.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Im not much of a Led Zeppelin fan, but I can understand how this would suck if you really liked them. I could see them going ahead with this, though. After all, it would still make insane amounts of money. I was always of the opinion that Jimmy Page was the face of Led Zeppelin, though, with Robert Plant in a close second. Oh well.

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

when i think of Led Zeppelin, I always think of Jimmy Page first. thatLs just me though. If the band wants to tour, I dont think a stubborn vocalist should stop them from it, no matter how important he was. It won't be the same, but it will still be a good show unless they get a terrible singer

esaul17

esaul17 antichrist

They should hire Daniel Gildenlow

$pvcxGhxztCasey

$pvcxGhxztCasey meanwhile... LPA Addicted VIP

correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't the Sun the equivalent to the US tabloids like the National Enquirer and what not?

Chris.

Chris. LPA Super Member Über Member

Thats what I thought.

TheRockChick

TheRockChick Pffft... LPA Super Member

I, too, think Led Zeppelin isn't really Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant and though the new singer might sound very good, he'll never be as good as Plant .. i'd probably still go see them live if i ever got to, but it defenetely won't be the same ..

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
    Harlz

Harlz More Scared Of You Than You Are Of Me LPA Super Member

Oh bullshit....

Sure Page is the most iconic one, but seriously...

It's like Velvet Revolver calling themselves Guns N' Roses, or, ummm, something else really stupid.

Christopher

Christopher Über Member Über Member

In my opinion bands like this shouldn't reunite.

It's like the Beatles reuniting without John Lennon or Nirvana without Kurt Cobain.

If a member of a band dies and the band quits, I think they should just move on to different things. If they, however, replace the bandmember and move on, that's a whole another story.

The_Cool_Cow

The_Cool_Cow Well-Known Member

Well, its not really reuniting. There not recording an album or anything, they're just touring. And I think that if they can, then why not give the fans a chance to see at least part of Led Zeppelin playing. I mean, you've still got Jimmy Page, and I always thought that he was the main piece of the band.

In regards to replacement singers, someone on the comment section of The Sun suggested Jack White, which I could see working. Granted, i'm not sure if he can pull off something softer like Stairway to Heaven.

In any case, if the Sun can not be trusted then this is all moot.

Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

It's the Sun. They don't know shit from Shinola when it comes to anything besides whether Lindsay Lohan is wearing underwear or not.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

Robert Plant is the weakest link in the band. He was never a good live vocalist to begin with, and his voice has only deteriorated with age. Listen to the O2 concert, they had to tune just about every song down a full step just to compensate for his voice. I'd rather see an awesome performance by a modified lineup than a mediocre one by a "classic" lineup, that goes for ANY band that has ever existed.

Anyone willing to put off a Led Zeppelin reunion to spend 6 months touring with Allison Krause doesn't deserve to be part of the band anymore anyway, IMO. Led Zeppelin is rock n' roll, and doing an entire album and tour with Allison Krause is...not.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2008
    Dean

Dean LPA Addict LPA Addict

I haven't listened to his more recent live performances, but imo his voice sounds as good as it ever has on the album with Allison Krauss. Not really the same kind of music for the most part but yeah

I guess they have already reformed without John Bonham who was at least as important to the band's sound, although obviously they didn't have much choice in having to find a replacement for him. I guess it's a matter of choosing between keeping certain things sacred or moving on and risking others.

Ant

Ant Ambient

What happens if this is true and it's an amazing vocalist, though? I don't see a reason to judge the decision until I've heard for myself.

Astat

Astat LPA Super Member LPA Super Member

I think Freddie Mercury is just as iconic of a vocalist as Robert Plant is, perhaps even more so, but that didn't stop Queen from touring with Paul Rodgers, and guess what? They sounded fantastic. Although it should be noted that they toured under the name "Queen + Paul Rodgers," and not just "Queen."

JJ

JJ [i cant spoll preply]: LPA Super VIP

lol this is all stemming from an article from The Sun. i wouldnt get too excited people either way :lol:

No Ace Just You

No Ace Just You Well-Known Member

The only thing that springs to mind when I read this was Journey.

How any singers have they had? Their new singer is amazing, and apparently, their gigs are as amazing ever. I know they're not on the same scale, but the point still stands, if the vocalist can sing the songs really well, who's to argue?

Hell, they have the original drummer's son playing, but he still plays fucking well, so no-one was complaining.

EDIT: The Sun sucks.

Derek

Derek LPAssociation.com Administrator LPA Administrator

This is slightly out of left field, but I had a dream last night that Chester (yes Linkin Park Chester) was the replacement for Robert Plant for the duration of the tour.

As crazy as it seemed during my dream the more I think about it...it really aint that stupid of an idea. I heard Chester sing Whole Lotta Love and he did very good, not to forget the time he covered both AC/DC and Guns N' Roses and nailed both.

Of course Robert Plant will always be the original, but my vote would go to Led doing a few shows with Chester if I had a choice.